I've been reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitsix

Reaction score
So, I've been trying to read through all these threads and posts for the past couple of days. Many links are not active anymore to various websites and articles. I've only gotten through part of the second thread about the 3mw. I might have missed vital information here but if I did please forgive me. There is just so much going on in these threads.
One thing that has me thinking. As a single mom of an adult daughter.
If my daughter was going out and had a change of plans, even if she called me beforehand, she always came in to let me know that she was home. Especially if I was in my bedroom and heard someone come into the house. She would not go change and wash her face and then come in. That's why I have a hard time thinking that they arrived home while mom was being held up in her room, washed their faces and then stumbled on the crime in progress.
Another thing I wondered is if Sherrill usually kept money in her purse. If her son had a known drug or addiction problem, she may not have been in the practice of keeping money in her purse at all. (At least maybe to his knowledge). That still doesn't explain the purse in Suzie's bedroom logically.
Having known how some addicts and people that know them operate somewhat, I wanted to give you my theory. (note: this may have all been something that could have been disproved in prior threads).
Say mom is in the bedroom and someone knocks at the door after the girls came in and were getting ready for bed. Suzie, peeks out the blinds in her room and says to Stacy, "Crap, it's my creepy brother, what the heck is he doing here this time of night?" Suzie calls out to mom "hey, Barrt is out at the front door". Mom comes out of the bedroom and picks up her purse sitting in out in the room and hands it to Suzie. "Here, I have your graduation money (my paycheck money, our trip money, *whatever the cash was meant for.) in here. Go put it in your room. I don't want it setting out while he is here". Sherill opens the door and lets him in. He proceeds to talk with his mother and Suzie peeps in her bedroom door and tells Stacy, " just go on and get ready for bed, he probably just wants some money or something." I could see him arguing with his mother and possibly hitting her or somehow incapacitating her. Maybe he had a weapon but I really feel that the light got broken as someone was being carried outside. He knows there is someone else in the house because Suzie was talking to someone. How far was her bedroom from the front room? I read that her room was a converted garage so the doorway to the room might have been in sight to know she spoke to someone. At this point, knowing that he injured someone, he knew that he was sure to be identified by all the occupants in the house. He could have then ordered the girls out to a waiting vehicle (possibly a partner addict looking to score some cash? Maybe someone he owed money to?) and hit the light on way out carrying Sherrill. Not many fingerprints to find if things happened like this. He also may have known that Sherrill was in the habit of hiding cash in the house and tossed the shoes about looking for it. Bartt and partner do who knows what with the bodies and head back to whatever rock they crawl out from. The tipster on AMW may have been the partner who had parted ways with Bartt after this. Maybe he thought briefly of getting back at Bartt for something but then thought it through a second longer and realized how deep he was in the mess as well. Just my theory on what I could see happening. If this doesn't jive with some facts that I missed, I do apologize. I just wanted to post it while it was still fresh in my mind..:twocents:

maybe it wasn't her brother, but someone else that was trusted to be let into the house. But not someone you trusted to be in a room with a purse full of cash. Maybe those moved shoes was Bartt looking in a closet where Sherrill used to keep her purse when he lived with her. Maybe the perpetrator assumed since her purse wasn't out that it was in the bedroom closet and never thought to look in Suzie's room. Just the way the purses were lined up makes me think one of the victims sat them there. I wonder if Suzie always kept her purse on the steps? Lined up neatly so as not to get tripped over.
As far as the cars being moved. I just think that is a lot bigger chance of being caught. Is it possible they were moved in this theory? Maybe..but I still don't see it unless maybe the perpetrators thought to make it look like the victims had left the house or thought about stealing one and realized it would be harder to hide a car than a body. Maybe they realized that they both needed to be in the vehicle to control the victims.
The restaurant and porch lady witnesses? I could see those happening in this theory. Maybe Suzie tried to make a wrong turn or go the wrong direction when the porch lady saw her. Maybe she "tried something stupid".
I always wondered about the little dog. If only dogs could talk. I wonder if it ever came in contact with anyone and acted stressed out or strangely around them because of what it witnessed that night.

I was afraid I had missed something pertinent when I posted it. When I had got to reading the second thread where it stated Barrt had unrelated kidnapping charges, it made me think of that angle.
I do believe that the victims let someone in the house that they trusted in the house but not around cash however. The money and purses just bother me.
Whoever did it, I hope it haunts them until they come clean. Especially if the person responsible was someone they trusted. I certainly hope the victims are found so some peace and justice would come to the families.

I understand the Bartt suspicion. But based on the information I was able to get over the years, he's innocent. He's just sometimes unaware that he looks suspicious.

After reviewing the placement of the girls cars in the driveway and the floorplan of the home on Delmar. My opinion is that the girls went through the front door because of where they parked. Since the headlights and sounds from the vehicles had to be right outside Sherrill's window, I honestly can't see Suzie and Stacy just walking inside and Suzie not stopping by her mother's room to announce their presence. Even if the girls had been drinking, I would think she would stick her head in, let her mom know she was there just to get it over with, go change and then go wash her face and get ready for bed. Maybe I am projecting too much of my own life examples and experiences here. Personally, I prefer to remove my makeup after I change but maybe that's just me. If the floorplan that I viewed was correct, then the bathroom was across from Sherrill's room. So I have a hard time thinking that the abductors were already hiding in Sherrill's room. I don't think the porch light was broken when they came in. If it had been, I am sure that Suzie most certainly would have immediately reported that to Sherrill. If they were abducted going in, why would they go change and remove their makeup? I still wish I knew where Sherrill customarily kept her purse. If she usually kept it in the kitchen, I could certainly see her giving it to Suzie to put in her bedroom (the closest to the kitchen) if she was letting someone that she knew and didn't trust around her cash in the house in the middle of the night.

The abductors came around 3:30 AM if we summarize all the tips of van sightings in the area.

I give the abductor(s) more credit on planning than most would. They knew Suzie and Sherrill lived alone together and had them in their mental rolodex of potential victims. I think they staked out a bit. Sherrill was in bed. The girls were about to be in bed. I believe a gun was used to scare the women and they were probably wrangled up and ordered to get in the van.

There has not be much activity in any of th 3MW threads lately. I realize the last reply here was last August, but I cannot reiterate enough what HmmWhoKnows said above. Bart and the Streeter family angle must be laid to rest once and for all. There may have been personal and family issues, but Bart, Sherrill's ex, and other family members were not involved in this crime. I think we will find that the perpetrator(s) was known to Sherrill, and possibly to Suzie, but was not someone related to them by blood or marriage. The motive is both simple and sinister, but when you look back on early 90's Springfield, it makes a lot of sense.

The motive has been touched on time and again, and many people do not want to see it as the truth. It had to do with drugs. I will not elaborate yet, as I need permission to do so.

The motive has been touched on time and again, and many people do not want to see it as the truth. It had to do with drugs. I will not elaborate yet, as I need permission to do so.
Are you insinuating that Sherrill and/or Suzie were involved in drugs or the drug scene? If so, that is totally contrary to what we've been led to believe from various sources.

You don't need permission to post your theory. That's all you would be doing. It isn't as if you are presenting facts that you need to back up, you are on a message board posting your theory just as everyone else does. No big deal. Permission granted......

Yes, or if you have some obligation to another individual to not reveal information you received in confidence, you might disclose what that obligation is and to whom you owe it, in general terms.

The motive is both simple and sinister, but when you look back on early 90's Springfield, it makes a lot of sense.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by what early 90s SGF was like? I know there was/is a drug culture, but it didn't run the town or anything. I didn't realize it would have been related.

I still would like to see an answer to why you can't elaborate on your atatement in general terms.

I haven't checked back on this thread for a very long time. The purse thing just always bothered me. If it was about drugs, (which I honestly never was trying to guess the motive, just the sequence of events of the abduction.) I can't see money getting left behind.
I just wish that whatever the motive was, that these three ladies are found and laid to rest. For the sake of them and the people that knew and loved them. It just seems like they should have been found by now. I don't live anywhere Springfield and I'm not even referring to the posts above, but I get the feeling that more people do know what really happened to them. But nobody will say. Tragic.

I can't in the wide world see why drugs would lead to a triple murder of the sort we are discussing; if it were about drugs and money, why was so much money left behind? Where is the evidence of drug involvement at a level to lead to multiple homicides and the risky abduction of 3 women?

We have been led to believe that those who entered the home in the morning and afternoon after the disappearance have been cleared by LE of involvement, so, if that is true, the abductors/killers could not have anticipated that the supposed crime scene at the home, including the broken porch light glass, would have been so completely disturbed. That fact leads me to wonder if they were just lucky that any trace of their presence was contaminated by so many helpful people.

I think it is possible that the purses might have been moved by someone who was in the house at that time, as people looking for the women would certainly have wondered if they had purses or keys with them. If someone did move the purses, then only those who were present at that time, and presumably LE who asked them what they touched or moved, would know that. So for me, absent confirmation about what those dozen or more people touched or moved, the purses just say to me that the girls got to the house and that getting the women out was the goal.

Someone who knew the women and was looking for drugs or money could have burglarized the house while the graduation was going on and no one was home. At least that is my take on it. It seems to me that kidnapping was the goal.

I think it wasn't the brother. Who all knew that the daughter would be home with a friend anyway? So ideally the plan unless, the girls were being stalked/followed, was the mother being alone. Strange phone calls, perhaps a scorned lover or want to be lover of the mother? Has that angle been thoroughly checked out?
I do find it hard to think that one person overtook 3 women at the same time, unless they girls came home while the incident was taking place. I can see then how they could be over power if a gun was involved.
I keep going back to how it just is so unlikely a random crime, either it was done by someone that they knew, knew of them or the girls were being followed.

Hard to fathom that come next June it will be 25 years with no new evidence or leads. Even some of DB Coopers ransomed money was found almost 10 years after he jumped and he never seen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh