1287 users online (270 members and 1017 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man stakes claim on clouds

A Russian lawyer has staked a claim on all the world's clouds.

Vladimir Osipiv is using the same law that allowed an American man to claim the moon.

He is hoping the clouds will be snapped by environmentalists who will then take legal action against governments that allow clouds to be polluted.

He said: "The owner of the damaged clouds will be able to seek punitive damages from polluters."

American Dennis Hope who claimed the moon in 1980 has since sold plots of land there to more than two million people.

Osipev, 48, from Yeisk in Russia's Krasnodar region, said: "The conquerors of the Wild West used the same principle, when they pronounced their ownership of the land.

"It is probably incomprehensible for the vast majority of people that clouds can be privatised. However, I am absolutely sure that I will get support both in Russia and in the international community."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1235605.html?menu=

I think I'll stake a claim to all the oxygen surrounding the planet. I won't charge anything to breathe it, but you will need a special nose filter, which I will hand out free of charge. If I don't like you, you don't get a filter. Simple as that.

Yakwoman
    Step right up and see the Yakwoman! Only 25 cents a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakwoman
    I think I'll stake a claim to all the oxygen surrounding the planet. I won't charge anything to breathe it, but you will need a special nose filter, which I will hand out free of charge. If I don't like you, you don't get a filter. Simple as that.
    Cool, where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Cool, where do I sign up?

Right here! Casshew is the first to get a nose filter!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakwoman
    Right here! Casshew is the first to get a nose filter!
    Hey, does this nose filter make me look fat?

A Russian lawyer has staked a claim on all the world's clouds.

Vladimir Osipiv is using the same law that allowed an American man to claim the moon.

He is hoping the clouds will be snapped by environmentalists who will then take legal action against governments that allow clouds to be polluted.

He said: "The owner of the damaged clouds will be able to seek punitive damages from polluters."

American Dennis Hope who claimed the moon in 1980 has since sold plots of land there to more than two million people.

Osipev, 48, from Yeisk in Russia's Krasnodar region, said: "The conquerors of the Wild West used the same principle, when they pronounced their ownership of the land.

"It is probably incomprehensible for the vast majority of people that clouds can be privatised. However, I am absolutely sure that I will get support both in Russia and in the international community."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1235605.html?menu=

Ummmm... hate to break it to this guy, but those clouds are already spoken for... There was this noisy group of Brits that used to travel all over the world screaming "Hey! You! Get off of my cloud...." LOL

"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler".

Albert Einstein

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”.

Mahatma Gandhi

Can we file a lawsuit against the lawyer when his clouds dump too much rain or not enough on our crops

What about malignant melanoma? I was led to believe that cloud cover could prevent skin cancer like melanoma.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

Hey, does this nose filter make me look fat?
    Heck, no! It will be a tiny device that fits inside your nostrils and you won't even feel it!