1499 users online (253 members and 1246 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - 14 year old boy raped in Manchester city centre

This absolutely sickens me

Police hunt two men after boy, 14, was threatened and raped in city centre department store on a Saturday afternoon
    Boy was attacked in toilet of a Debenhams store in Manchester
    He had been taken there by two men who approached him in the city's Arndale Centre
    Police release CCTV images of two men they want to question in connection with the attack
    Detectives: 'This young victim has been absolutely devastated by what happened to him'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...afternoon.html

I cannot believe these are the best CCTV photos they have. Manchester is a busy city with a high crime rate and should be covered in high quality cameras. They were in the main shopping centre (mall), walked across the street into a department store on a Saturday afternoon and all they can come up with is a blurred photo and don't even bother adding a description

There's a video at the BBC link below. Neither the copper nor reporter have local accents, so you should be able to understand them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-19330927

The one photo on the left is not that bad. you can see the pronounced nose and male pattern boldness. Somebody should be able to recognize that guy.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    The one photo on the left is not that bad. you can see the pronounced nose and male pattern boldness. Somebody should be able to recognize that guy.
    I would hope so. In all fairness, the guy on the right has a fairly distinctive look as well, but to list their approximate ages, heights and whether or not they have local accents might give people who believe they recognise them more confidence to call in.

Oh my God.

What a bold attack on an older kid.

Unreal!
    [/I]

This is so awful, I saw this on bbc news last night and was shocked. It was such a bold attack in such a busy place.
    I hope this sick men are caught quickly.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." – Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

Quote Originally Posted by Amber34 View Post

I cannot believe these are the best CCTV photos they have. Manchester is a busy city with a high crime rate and should be covered in high quality cameras. They were in the main shopping centre (mall), walked across the street into a department store on a Saturday afternoon and all they can come up with is a blurred photo and don't even bother adding a description
    Why didn't they get these pictures out sooner? This happened in June!!

"The assault happened ten weeks ago – at 5.45pm on Saturday, June 2 – in the heart of Manchester. The teenager reported the incident and was taken to a rape crisis centre at St Mary’s Hospital where he was checked by doctors."

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    Why didn't they get these pictures out sooner? This happened in June!!

"The assault happened ten weeks ago – at 5.45pm on Saturday, June 2 – in the heart of Manchester. The teenager reported the incident and was taken to a rape crisis centre at St Mary’s Hospital where he was checked by doctors."

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Maybe they were waiting for DNA results?
    Just my opinion

This poor kid.

These perverts know there's cameras and they do not care. So often I wonder what the point is. I actually do knowing it may keep them from harming another person, but this poor child has already been devastated.

Prayers for this young man.

The pictures of them walking across to the department store will have the victim in them as well so cannot be shown. Although you think they could work backwards and follow where they came form before they kidnapped him. manchester is covered by CCTV, so are the buses and trams. They should be able to get more details then these two grainy images.
    I do not understand why it took so long, this is one of the busiest areas in manchester, people would surely have remembered noticing soemthign at the time. Plus back in June many students would still have been around and witnessed something, but now they may be out of area.

I was thrilled to read they have convicted this despicable pair. Let's hope the British justice system hands them a sentence that is at least somewhat close to what they deserve.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sentences.html

I was thrilled to read they have convicted this despicable pair. Let's hope the British justice system hands them a sentence that is at least somewhat close to what they deserve.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sentences.html
    This was a terrible awful crime I hope the victim is coping as well as can be expected.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.