1240 users online (194 members and 1046 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - Deanna Cook, 32, murder recorded on 911 call, Balch Springs, 17 Aug 2012

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...151010771.html

Once obtaining an address, the dispatcher gave the call to the first available police field element. The officers that received the call arrived at the location and knocked at the door. When no one answered, they requested a call-back of the caller which went to voicemail. They also checked the perimeter windows of the home and spoke with neighbors who reported that they had not heard any disturbance.

That is horrible. I bet the officers feel awful knowing that they were right there. I know there are probably 100 reasons why it shouldn't be done, but it would be nice if you could contact your local LE and opt into a database that says you give permission for them to enter your home if a 911 call comes from there or one of the listed occupants phones. Jmo
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Previous mugshot of murderer Delvecchio Patrick.

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/texas/...atrick/9570391

Deanna's family filed a civil rights lawsuit against local police.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nock-door.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/commu...ng-to-suit.ece

The family of a Dallas woman who was heard choking during a 911 call and was found slain in her home days later has added phone companies to a federal lawsuit against the city...

The family’s attorney alleged in the new suit that T-Mobile and Samsung failed to implement available technology that would have allowed dispatchers to get accurate cellphone location information...

Police have arrested and charged Cook’s ex-boyfriend Delvecchio Patrick with murder. He remains in Dallas County Jail in lieu of $500,000 bail.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime...elay/17629465/

There is more disappointment for the family of murder victim Deanna Cook, who died two years ago after naming her attacker in a chilling 911 call.

Her ex-husband, Delvecchio Patrick, was supposed to stand trial for the crime last November; then again in May; and yet again on Monday. But — once again — the trial has been postponed...

Patrick's case has now been rescheduled for December.

What a terrible thing to have happened. After getting through to the police she must have thought there was a chance she would be ok

Jurors view crime scene photos in Deanna Cook murder trial
    19 May 2015 11:35 PM

snipped
    Deanna Cook’s loved ones cried out and bolted from a packed Dallas County courtroom Tuesday when they saw close-up photos of the slain woman’s swollen and disfigured face.

Authorities say Cook, 32, was choked and drowned while she called 911 for help in August 2012. The case helped prompt an overhaul of Dallas’ 911 system because her call was not assigned the highest priority and officers did not arrive for about 50 minutes. They left when no one answered the door, and Cook’s family later found her dead in her bathtub.

Delvecchio Patrick, 38, faces up to life in prison if he’s found guilty of killing her. Testimony is scheduled to continue Wednesday.

Been watching this trial in parts thanks to ladyjustice but I am wondering where do these trials air. Are they online or do they broadcast randomly on a court TV channel. I would like to watch in full but I am curious if only bits are shown and aired.

Anyway such a sad case, the 911 call is chilling to listen to. Probably the first time I have heard someone struggling for their life whilst being drowned. Just horrible noises that has stuck with me. As for the defense they are now trying to go down the road of the pcp that was found in her body may have somewhat caused her death.

Quote Originally Posted by gia2 View Post
    What a terrible thing to have happened. After getting through to the police she must have thought there was a chance she would be ok
    Yes, not sure if you have heard her call for help but she is screaming for help and the dispatcher is saying, what's going on, how can I help! It's just hard to listen to, because the 5 year DV history the woman had suffered, you would think protection would be there asap. Very sad

Quote Originally Posted by luckyseven View Post
    Thank God, let's hope the jury put him away for life. This decision must take them 2 mins max.

Quote Originally Posted by islandmixed View Post
    Been watching this trial in parts thanks to ladyjustice but I am wondering where do these trials air. Are they online or do they broadcast randomly on a court TV channel. I would like to watch in full but I am curious if only bits are shown and aired.

Anyway such a sad case, the 911 call is chilling to listen to. Probably the first time I have heard someone struggling for their life whilst being drowned. Just horrible noises that has stuck with me. As for the defense they are now trying to go down the road of the pcp that was found in her body may have somewhat caused her death.
    Hiya Islandmixed, you can usually find the live streams of trials on Court Chatter:

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!schedule/mainPage

It's easier than running around the net trying to find tv station live feeds, I don't think there are any more television channels like Court TV, unfortunately.

I tried watching this trial but they cut off live streaming after the 2nd day or so and didn't come back until the verdict as far as I could see (really wanted to see the closing arguments), I did follow the live blog though, just heart wrenching and tragic, and the defense simply jaw-dropping. I hope the penalty phase will be streamed, guess we'll have to wait until Tuesday to see about that.

Quote Originally Posted by geevee View Post
    Hiya Islandmixed, you can usually find the live streams of trials on Court Chatter:

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!schedule/mainPage

It's easier than running around the net trying to find tv station live feeds, I don't think there are any more television channels like Court TV, unfortunately.

I tried watching this trial but they cut off live streaming after the 2nd day or so and didn't come back until the verdict as far as I could see (really wanted to see the closing arguments), I did follow the live blog though, just heart wrenching and tragic, and the defense simply jaw-dropping. I hope the penalty phase will be streamed, guess we'll have to wait until Tuesday to see about that.
    Thanks for your reply, funny enough right after I asked about streaming trials, court chatter popped up in Google and I was like ahhhhhhh finally, no more waiting on YouTube lol. I was not aware of this website, it's great for all sources of info so thank you.

As for the penalty, I am hoping it takes the jury less than 2 mins to decide on a life sentence. Or it will bug me, let's hope they do the tight thing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast