GUILTY TX - Deanna Cook, 32, murder recorded on 911 call, Balch Springs, 17 Aug 2012

peeples

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/woman-murder-911-dallas-police-two-days-151010771.html

Once obtaining an address, the dispatcher gave the call to the first available police field element. The officers that received the call arrived at the location and knocked at the door. When no one answered, they requested a call-back of the caller which went to voicemail. They also checked the perimeter windows of the home and spoke with neighbors who reported that they had not heard any disturbance.

That is horrible. I bet the officers feel awful knowing that they were right there. I know there are probably 100 reasons why it shouldn't be done, but it would be nice if you could contact your local LE and opt into a database that says you give permission for them to enter your home if a 911 call comes from there or one of the listed occupants phones. Jmo

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...mans-family-adds-t-mobile-samsung-to-suit.ece

The family of a Dallas woman who was heard choking during a 911 call and was found slain in her home days later has added phone companies to a federal lawsuit against the city...

The family’s attorney alleged in the new suit that T-Mobile and Samsung failed to implement available technology that would have allowed dispatchers to get accurate cellphone location information...

Police have arrested and charged Cook’s ex-boyfriend Delvecchio Patrick with murder. He remains in Dallas County Jail in lieu of $500,000 bail.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2014/10/20/deanna-cook-trial-murder-911-delay/17629465/

There is more disappointment for the family of murder victim Deanna Cook, who died two years ago after naming her attacker in a chilling 911 call.

Her ex-husband, Delvecchio Patrick, was supposed to stand trial for the crime last November; then again in May; and yet again on Monday. But — once again — the trial has been postponed...

Patrick's case has now been rescheduled for December.

What a terrible thing to have happened. After getting through to the police she must have thought there was a chance she would be ok :(

Jurors view crime scene photos in Deanna Cook murder trial
19 May 2015 11:35 PM

snipped
Deanna Cook’s loved ones cried out and bolted from a packed Dallas County courtroom Tuesday when they saw close-up photos of the slain woman’s swollen and disfigured face.

Authorities say Cook, 32, was choked and drowned while she called 911 for help in August 2012. The case helped prompt an overhaul of Dallas’ 911 system because her call was not assigned the highest priority and officers did not arrive for about 50 minutes. They left when no one answered the door, and Cook’s family later found her dead in her bathtub.

Delvecchio Patrick, 38, faces up to life in prison if he’s found guilty of killing her. Testimony is scheduled to continue Wednesday.

Been watching this trial in parts thanks to ladyjustice[emoji108] but I am wondering where do these trials air. Are they online or do they broadcast randomly on a court TV channel. I would like to watch in full but I am curious if only bits are shown and aired.

Anyway such a sad case, the 911 call is chilling to listen to. Probably the first time I have heard someone struggling for their life whilst being drowned. Just horrible noises that has stuck with me. As for the defense they are now trying to go down the road of the pcp that was found in her body may have somewhat caused her death.

What a terrible thing to have happened. After getting through to the police she must have thought there was a chance she would be ok :(
Yes, not sure if you have heard her call for help but she is screaming for help and the dispatcher is saying, what's going on, how can I help! It's just hard to listen to, because the 5 year DV history the woman had suffered, you would think protection would be there asap. Very sad

Been watching this trial in parts thanks to ladyjustice[emoji108] but I am wondering where do these trials air. Are they online or do they broadcast randomly on a court TV channel. I would like to watch in full but I am curious if only bits are shown and aired.

Anyway such a sad case, the 911 call is chilling to listen to. Probably the first time I have heard someone struggling for their life whilst being drowned. Just horrible noises that has stuck with me. As for the defense they are now trying to go down the road of the pcp that was found in her body may have somewhat caused her death.

Hiya Islandmixed, you can usually find the live streams of trials on Court Chatter:

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!schedule/mainPage

It's easier than running around the net trying to find tv station live feeds, I don't think there are any more television channels like Court TV, unfortunately.

I tried watching this trial but they cut off live streaming after the 2nd day or so and didn't come back until the verdict as far as I could see (really wanted to see the closing arguments), I did follow the live blog though, just heart wrenching and tragic, and the defense simply jaw-dropping. I hope the penalty phase will be streamed, guess we'll have to wait until Tuesday to see about that.

Hiya Islandmixed, you can usually find the live streams of trials on Court Chatter:

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!schedule/mainPage

It's easier than running around the net trying to find tv station live feeds, I don't think there are any more television channels like Court TV, unfortunately.

I tried watching this trial but they cut off live streaming after the 2nd day or so and didn't come back until the verdict as far as I could see (really wanted to see the closing arguments), I did follow the live blog though, just heart wrenching and tragic, and the defense simply jaw-dropping. I hope the penalty phase will be streamed, guess we'll have to wait until Tuesday to see about that.
Thanks for your reply, funny enough right after I asked about streaming trials, court chatter popped up in Google and I was like ahhhhhhh finally, no more waiting on YouTube lol. I was not aware of this website, it's great for all sources of info so thank you.

As for the penalty, I am hoping it takes the jury less than 2 mins to decide on a life sentence. Or it will bug me, let's hope they do the tight thing.

Thanks for your reply, funny enough right after I asked about streaming trials, court chatter popped up in Google and I was like ahhhhhhh finally, no more waiting on YouTube lol. I was not aware of this website, it's great for all sources of info so thank you.

As for the penalty, I am hoping it takes the jury less than 2 mins to decide on a life sentence. Or it will bug me, let's hope they do the tight thing.

Court Chatter is a great resource, isn't it? I think she archives most if not all of the trials she has live streams for, so if you miss anything, check the archive tab on the top menu bar.

I hope they arrive at a speedy 'forever' sentence as well, he deserves the punishment and is far too dangerous to be out on the streets ever again.

Sarah Mervosh ✔ @smervosh

The #DeannaCook trial sentencing phase begins today. Her ex-husband phases up to life in prison. He is in court with a new hair do this a.m.

Punishment range = 5 years to 99 years/life in prison. Prosecutors will try to raise minimum to 15 years. #DeannaCook pic.twitter.com/Qrxx7aHaMP

Attorneys lifted the ban on witnesses in the courtroom, so #DeannaCook's family is able to sit in & listen for the first time in the trial.

State presents Patrick's criminal record to jury. It includes 3 family violence convictions, agg assault w/ deadly weapon, resisting arrest

Detention officer who ordered Patrick to put hands behind back in jail testifies Patrick threatened to kill him & said "you know who I am?"

Prosecution says Patrick got a tattoo in jail that depicts #DeannaCook crying & surrounded by fire

Shaun Rabb @shaunrabbfox4

Deanna Cook's 10th grade daughter Aniya Williams. Looks right at Patrick as she takes witness stand. pic.twitter.com/IU7OwwFnZo

Shaun Rabb @shaunrabbfox4

Deanna Cook's 10th grade daughter Aniya Williams. Looks right at Patrick as she takes witness stand. pic.twitter.com/IU7OwwFnZo

#DeannaCook's daughter to jury: "He took a mother away from 2 children. Please just make the right decision." With that, prosecution rests.

Delvecchio Patrick's jailhouse tattoo. Prosecutors say it's of #DeannaCook crying, surrounded by fire. pic.twitter.com/YaAqLr44QO

Defense is up: Toni Patrick, the defendant's mother, is on the stand. Says her son got good grades in school & loved to swim as a boy.

Jury shown pic of Patrick as a kid. Mom: "He didn't mind getting down on his knees, clean white pants, shooting marbles. He was just a boy"

Jury shown pic of Patrick as a kid. Mom: "He didn't mind getting down on his knees, clean white pants, shooting marbles. He was just a boy"

Mother: Patrick used to help sister who had a child with head injuries from a car accident. Cooked, babysat etc.

Mother: Patrick has kids of his own - a boy and a girl, both under 10 years old. "He loved children."

Patrick's mother: "I will never stop loving my son. We have the same relationship (now that he's in jail). We talk every day almost."

Mother tells jury Patrick did not kill #DeannaCook, eliciting gasps from audience. "But I will always respect your decision."

Defense says the tattoo on Patrick's leg is not of #DeannaCook, but of rapper The Lady of Rage. pic.twitter.com/7v1GKpKkVv

Defense shows pre-jail tattoo log was incomplete by having Patrick hold up left hand. Tattoo on ring finger says "Deanna."

Court is in recess for lunch until about 1 p.m.

The defense rests. Prosecution calls #DeannaCook's sister, Karletha Gundy (center) is testifying now. pic.twitter.com/ciA6zVNmdT

Gundy: #DeannaCook's teenage daughters are afraid of bathing, being home alone at night, since finding their mom dead in a bathtub.

Gundy asks jury to put Patrick in prison for good. "He's unstable ... Our fear is having to go through our lives knowing that he's out."

We'll have closing arguments from both sides here in a few minutes, then it'll go to the jury for deliberations. #DeannaCook

Prosecutor: "As a mother, one of the most precious things you have is the future of your children."

Prosecutor Bree West: Daughters' prom, graduation, marriage. "Deanna Cook was robbed of this"

Prosecutor: "Over the screams & the cries & the pleas for her life, he continued: 'I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you.' And he did"

Prosecutor asks jury for lifelong prison sentence: You must decide "what Deanna's life was worth." #DeannaCook pic.twitter.com/Gjc7OU5ymZ

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back