IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiw319

Reaction score
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers :(.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16

Scanner Thread : remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread[/B]

case map by poster hollye

NCMEC posters:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Please remember the following when discussing the case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

bumping this up.. and this warning lands at random: several more posts that involved sleuthing the family have been removed just from today alone. From this point forth if you sleuth the family or post speculation about them you will be put on the timeout list. The rules are easy to follow. If you have any questions about them please pm a moderator. Again, this lands at random.

Does anyone have a direct link to Misty's comment on AMW? When I clicked the link it didn't show comments on it.

Does anyone have a direct link to Misty's comment on AMW? When I clicked the link it didn't show comments on it.

the reason we do not allow copy and paste of comments is because we have no way of knowing if it was actually Misty making the comment. I will bring over the amw link for you.

I am just jumping off your post winterrose :)

the reason we do not allow copy and paste of comments is because we have no way of knowing if it was actually Misty making the comment. I will bring over the amw link for you.

I am just jumping off your post winterrose :)

Thank you Nurse, I know, I just wanted to read what she had just posted, even if it was paraphrased. It's so sad, I can't even begin to imagine.

I usually keep some emotional safety distance from the families because I want to protect myself. It is a failing and I work on it but it is certainly true I am a work in progress.

There's something about Misty, though, that grabbed my heart right away. I'm hoping that she's getting the sort of help she needs. It's not easy to find a therapist even in non-crisis times, let alone in a situation like this where there's both too much time and not enough.

I hope something in her life is going easily for her.

Just when I thought that MCM was getting it together..This happens.
It makes me feel sad and angry..
I Hope this is a turning point for her and holds her hands out to the help that is offered..

Climbing back up on the wall now..

Oh no re:MCM. :(

Although I will say I am not an addict and can easily see self-medicating myself to the gills in her situation.

I can't imagine how awful it must be.

Just when I thought that MCM was getting it together..This happens.
It makes me feel sad and angry..
I Hope this is a turning point for her and holds her hands out to the help that is offered..

Climbing back up on the wall now..

Maybe this is a symptom of the emotion everyone thinks she is lacking. I don't wish her any harm and I am not glad that she had this issue, but I am glad to know that she feels something.

I usually keep some emotional safety distance from the families because I want to protect myself. It is a failing and I work on it but it is certainly true I am a work in progress.

There's something about Misty, though, that grabbed my heart right away. I'm hoping that she's getting the sort of help she needs. It's not easy to find a therapist even in non-crisis times, let alone in a situation like this where there's both too much time and not enough.

I hope something in her life is going easily for her.

She was offered therapy thru the FBI. Granted it was surely based on dealing with her child missing, but the substance abuse issues could have been addressed as well. She's a danger to herself and that needs to be addressed.

OT: There is a new development in the Laureth Mays case.

She was offered therapy thru the FBI. Granted it was surely based on dealing with her child missing, but the substance abuse issues could have been addressed as well. She's a danger to herself and that needs to be addressed.

We also have a wonderful low/no cost mental health center open to all residents of black hawk and grundy counties

Here is the website (it's in the middle of being redone right now so doesn't look the best and is missing a lot of info)

http://www.bhgmhc.com/

Also for addiction there is Pathways behavioral health services and they are also very good at what they do, also sliding fee scale low cost (most of my clients pay $5 per visit)

http://www.pathwaysb.org/

My heart goes out to this family, I can't even imagine how much stress and pain they are in.

Maybe this is a symptom of the emotion everyone thinks she is lacking. I don't wish her any harm and I am not glad that she had this issue, but I am glad to know that she feels something.

ITA

I think she is likely one of those people that holds everything in and appears "fine" on the outside, but then deals with those emotions in a self destructive way. . .like trying to self medicate. :(

It at least explains some of her odd past behavior to me.

I hope she gets the help she needs. It can't be easy and no one should be expected to hold it together on their own in a situation like this.

I'm truly sad for Lyric's mom ... never waking from the nightmare.

Unfortunately, therapists are not interchangeable. The therapist who is absolutely the best for one person may be completely useless to another.

In a way, finding a therapist is like finding the kind of friend you feel comfortable spilling everything to. At least for me, finding someone I can trust that way is not easy and I certainly don't feel that way about most of the people I meet.

Therapists are educated and trained but there still needs to be a kind of click between the therapist and client. If it's not there, it's just not there.

While I am sure that FBI therapists are highly qualified, that does not mean that a given therapist will be able to be effective with every single victim they meet.

I think it was in the Polly Klaas case where one of the girls who witnessed her abduction got so fed up with therapists and counselors brought in by LE to help the victims that she made a little sign that said "Thanks, I'm fine" and on the other side "NO, I do NOT want a hug." Instead of greeting people who came to talk to her, she held up the sign and flipped it around a couple times to make sure they read both sides.

She wasn't being bad or ungrateful. She was just not able to click with any of the people offered to help her through the aftermath.

Truly sad. The timing of this abduction is just too fast. Rode to the lake, biker sees bikes, girls gone. The whole thing is just too fast.

Thoughts with this family. I know time has revealed that these are not perfect people and that they have more than their fair share of baggage and problems, but they remain in my prayers. I remain convinced that they have no involvement in the girls' abduction and cannot imagine how frightening this whole thing has been for the whole family.

I hope that Misty will be able to pull it together and does not backslide into bad habits or self destructive behavior due to the stress of the current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag