1138 users online (198 members and 940 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PA - Corey Edkin, 2, New Columbia, 12 Oct 1986

I am looking for more information on this case.

http://www.childsearch.org/corey_edkin.html

If anyone knows anything or can post links to articles. I would greatly appreciate it. I found this case by accident and it is really bothering me. Thank You!

Corey James Edkin age 2, Missing Oct 12, 1986, New Columbia, PA

Found the following - pretty much the same info as your link:

--------------------------------------
    Corey James Edkin age 2, Missing Oct 12, 1986, New Columbia, PA

COREY JAMES EDKIN
    DOB: Jun 11, 1984
    Missing: Oct 12, 1986
    Age at time: 2
    Age Now: 20
    Sex: Male
    Race: White
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Blue
    Height: 3'0" (91 cm)
    Weight: 30 lbs (14 kg)
    Missing From: NEW COLUMBIA, PA, United States
    Non-Family Abduction

Corey was last seen sleeping in his mother's bed. His mother went to the local store at 12:10 a.m and when she returned at 12:40 a.m., the child was missing. He has very light blonde hair.

Link
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Corey

Thanks for the reply. I should clarify that I am interested in the investigation: did the police have any suspects or clues as to what could have happened. I would also like more information on the mother's friend who was watching Corey while she went to the store.

What is the best way to reseach such an old case? I have not been able to locate any articles. Did anyone care about this sweet little boy ?

24 matches on yahoo, as of today.

NCMEC bulletin

Printable flyer

Please print and post in local businesses and anywhere you deem appropriate and thanks.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Quote Originally Posted by Usher737
    ...Did anyone care about this sweet little boy ?
    Someone always cares about the missing, lost and abducted. It may not appear that way to people on the outside, but many times there is one person in the background trying to find a missing person.

Please don't assume this child has been forgotten. When someone loses a loved one to this catastrophic problem, they are never forgotten.

Some become emotionally paralyzed when LE tells them they cannot locate the child. Many times LE does not refer these cases to the agencies that can help them with referrals and emotional and spiritual support. Sadly, in most of the cases we advocate for, we have had to locate the family either directly, or through LE, because they (LE) normally do not contact us.

That is changing, slowly, thanks to some major media we all have done the past few years, but it's still not enough. The goal is that someday every LE agency in the world will have a list of referrals for the family in the event their loved one disappears.

Hearts are changing. Laws are changing. They are coming home ALIVE.
    Time is so critical. The first few minutes and hours are the most important in recovering a missing loved one safely.

If you want more information about this, please feel free to contact me via e-mail. I'd love nothing more than to see you (on anyone who reads this) volunteer for SAR (search and rescue) in your immediate area. The need is great, and everyone (even those in a wheelchair) can do something at a command center.

*NOTE* In the time it took for me to type this post, TEN people (adults and children) disappeared in America!! This problem isn't going away. We need your help!

Thanks for your inquiry, and God bless you.
    With HOPE for Corey and all still missing, Lanie

*edited to add LE in bold*
    Last edited by WasBlind; 01-06-2005 at 05:57 PM. Reason: to clarify

WasBlind thanks for your information. I have used so many searches on the web, yahoo, msn, google, just to name a few, and I can not find any articles or information about the case. I have checked missing kids/adults websites and nothing but the same poster. I have found no discusion threads about Corey and would really like to find more information. For some strange reason, I just feel like I have to do this.

I was very suprised by you saying "we have had to locate the family either directly, or through LE, because they normally do not contact us."

What is the best way to research an old, cold case?

WasBlind thanks for your information...

I was very suprised by you saying "we have had to locate the family either directly, or through LE, because they normally do not contact us."

No problem.

I just clarified what I was trying to say. It is not normal for LE to contact us. We normally have to contact them (LE). However, that is changing. We are contacted by family members daily. Sadly, many have gone months or even years without proper assistance, referrals and support.

If you want more information about this, please feel free to contact me via e-mail. I left you 24 links, that should be a good start. Just click the link I left you for 24 matches on yahoo. Then, e-mail, if you so desire or need more help. My e-mail addy is in my signature.

God bless you, Lanie

Awareness starts at home, everyone, no matter what age, needs a Personal Id Kit on hand in the tragic event someone you love disappears. Sadly, my own family found this out the hard way when our son Jason disappeared more than 3 1/2 years ago. We never knew why we should have a kit, nor that everyone, regardless of age should have one. If you still don't understand why you should have one, I invite you to read this:

Why Do I Need a Personal ID Kit?

Thanks for listening,

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
    President and Founder,
    Project Jason
    www.projectjason.org

Kelly, thanks so much for posting that information. I found it very useful. I have read the thread about Jason on this board and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Researching Old Cases...

There are a number of ways that you can do research on older cases. As indicated already, one of the first things that can be done today is to do some searching and sorting by key words on line. That might give you some references to begin with.

Next, check out Newspaper microfilm files for newspapers in the local area of where the crime was committed - or where the victim and his/her family lived. In this case, where the disappearance occurred in 1986, you will get the best information from microfilm, because it predated the internet.

What the internet will have on the case today will be articles written long after the incident, and many of those will be stories that are copied over and over again, sometimes with incorrect information or speculation added. But still, you might get some starting places by doing a google search.

After you have gotten as much media information as you can, contact the police department that has jurisdiction over the case and ask to speak with the case officer. They might be happy to talk with someone interested in the case, and might be able to provide you with some information, or might be able to correct some of what you have found on your own.

If there was an inquest or trial of any kind relating to this case, or possibly others like it in the same area, that information is public record. You could ask to read trial transcripts and findings at the County Court House where the trial was held.

Bumping for Corey. These kids need their mommies to look out for them and protect them!!! This didn't need to happen!

Thanks IdahoMom!!

I am still searching for more info on this case. It just seems so odd. Why go to the store at midnight? And who was this friend who stayed with Corey?

I don't think the friend's identity was ever released; all I know was that it was a female friend. I don't know if the woman was ruled out as a suspect or not.

I frequently make Wal-Mart runs in the wee hours, but I am a college student and we are a strange breed.

Thanks meggilyweggily!! If you know anything else about the case please post it!!! For example, Were there any leads or suspects!!! Thanks again Usher

I don't think there was anything much in the way of leads. Corey's parents were ruled out as suspects. The cops think he was abducted by a non-family member.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast