1042 users online (143 members and 899 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OK - Donna Haraway, 27, Ada, 28 April 1984

I am curious as to how to go about researching an old case in Oklahoma. I am a historical researcher, but have never really handled a cold case. What steps would I have to go through to obtain the police files on this case which is from the mid-1980's. This case is from Seminole, OK. and may be related to the Denise Haraway case that is the subject of "The Dreams of Ada" by Robert Mayer and frequently mentioned in "The Innocent Man" by John Grisham. The case I am researching is the Patty Hamilton case. I think that if this case can be solved, the it may help prove that Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot were wrongfully convicted in the Denise Haraway case. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Interesting case, I need to read up on this more. I'm assuming that law enforcement considers the case closed, correct? I can't think of a way to get police files, but you might start with the county court clerk's office to see if you can at least make (or buy) copies of the trial transcripts. Also, if you know of any new evidence, you can petition the county for a grand jury to review. You'll need many signatures, depending upon the population of that county.

I'm an Okie, too and wish you good luck with your endeavors. For some reason, it's really difficult to get LE or OSBI to re-open a case.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

I'm an Okie!
    Where's Logan Tucker?

The 2008 murders in rural Welch of Leota and William Huls is a crime that, likely, should have been solved in the first few days after it was committed. But, like many crimes in this area (see Freeman/Bible killings and kidnappings - also in rural Welch), it has not been solved, and may never be.

$10,000 reward offered in 2008 double murder (koamtv.com)
    Marx: "Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen."

Move joe neff to cold cases please, that deserves more light, and isnt getting any in the main thread it has IMO.

what happened to Patty? thanks

What happened to Patty?

Patty Hamilton was abducted from her job in the middle of the night. A case very similar to the Ward/Fontenot case of a year later. Her remains were found ten years later. No arrests ever made and it seems no one cares about it anymore.

Tommy Ward&Karl Fontenot - 2 innocent men in OK prisons

I am convinced that two innocent men - Tommy Ward & Karl Fontenot - have spent 20+ years in OK prisons for a crime they could not have committed. John Grisham in his only nonfiction, THE INNOCENT MAN, about 2 other Ada, OK men who were wrongly accused & put away - (1 just days from execution when DNA proved his innocence) references Fontenot & Ward as innocent men who were easy targets of the same DA who used the same jailhouse snitch in both cases along w/coerced confessions. I would like to be in touch with others who are interested in this case.

Ellicnov, I am very interested in this case as well and have actually corresponded with Karl on several occasions. I would be interested in hearing from you as well.

Patty Hamilton/Denise Haraway - mirror cases

I would like to be in touch with anyone who knows about these two cases. I am extremely interested - have been in touch w/Ward & Fontenot - There are some things going on at this time - including a reward in the Ada News for $5,000 for information leading to the killer of Denise Haraway. Please e-mail me at: falselyaccused1984@gmail.com. Ellicnov in SC

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ellicnov View Post
    I would like to be in touch with anyone who knows about these two cases. I am extremely interested - have been in touch w/Ward & Fontenot - There are some things going on at this time - including a reward in the Ada News for $5,000 for information leading to the killer of Denise Haraway. Please e-mail me at: falselyaccused1984@gmail.com. Ellicnov in SC
    Ellicnov did you receive my email in ref to patty
    Hamilton?

freekarlfontenot.webs.com

Free Karl Fontenot

This man was wrongfully accused of a crime and has served nearly 30 years in prison. He now has a shot at getting exonerated. Now we need to find out who really killed Donna Denise Haraway.

www.freekarlfontenot.com

facebook.com/freekarlfontenot

Free Karl Fontenot

This man was wrongfully accused of a crime and has served nearly 30 years in prison. He now has a shot at getting exonerated. Now we need to find out who really killed Donna Denise Haraway.

www.freekarlfontenot.com

facebook.com/freekarlfontenot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast