1062 users online (197 members and 865 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NH - Pam Smart, Billy Flynn, et al., in the murder of Greg Smart, 1990

http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/4054643/detail.html

Pamela Smart, the key figure in New Hampshire's most publicized murder trial, is asking for a pardon.

Smart, 37, was convicted in 1991 of persuading her teenage lover and his friends to murder her husband. Four teens, including one who admitted pulling the trigger, testified against her in a trial that was televised live around the state, and prompted several books and a movie.

In a pardon request filed last week with the Attorney General's Office, Smart repeats her arguments that she didn't get a fair trial because of all the media attention and that her sentence was too harsh.

Her lawyer, Greg Adamski, compared the case to the recent trial of Scott Peterson, the California man convicted in November of killing his pregnant wife.
    Just my opinion

Some people just have brass balls - that's all I can say about this!!!

I cannot believe she is still saying she had nothing to do with it. Unbelieveable.

(Big wave to MrsMush)

Pamela has convinced herself she didn't do anything wrong.

I loved the black satire movie with Nicole Kidman, TO DIE FOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Some people just have brass balls - that's all I can say about this!!!
    Yes she has some MAJOR chutzpah!!!

I read an article in "O" magazine detailing a program for female inmates to write about their lives and crimes.Pammy is a part of it but according to the program organizer (that annoying "Vagina Monolouges"Eve woman) Pamela still has not owned up to her part in her husband's death.She blames the boys and only seems sorry for hurting her Mother and still in MAJOR denial.

To Die For is an EXCELLENT movie!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

update on smartiepants

http://www.hampton.lib.nh.us/hampton...mart/index.htm
    after seeing the interview with pam on tv Sunday I had to check out what was happening with her.

I've seen the documentary on A&E and once you listen to the telephone calls and her conversation with her friend she is clearly involved. A really shocking crime ,that poor guy.

Pamela Smart Pardon - No Chance in Hell

Here's a link to her petition, if you care to sign...

http://www.petitiononline.com/xpam2005/petition.html

She's run out of appeal options; if this pardon is denied, she will die in prison. Oh, well!
    Fritzy's Tip of the Day:

In addition to being yummy, crunchy, all-natural snacks, dead flies make excellent hockey pucks.

Not a very inspiring petition. At first, in fact, I thought it was the one opposing her release!! LOL

She still will NOT admit any guilt or admit to having anything to do with her husband's murder!!!! After all these years she's still in denial(?) even with all the evidence! The only thing she says she feels bad about is her Mother being "upset" but she admits to NOTHING!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Not a very inspiring petition. At first, in fact, I thought it was the one opposing her release!! LOL
    *LOL*
    I wonder if the person who started the thread Read the petition. Or if they are just trying to be sneaky??

"She has been in prison 14 years and that is long enough. Most of the countries in the civilized world hold a life sentence as 7 years.

Please sign our petition to ask for Pamela's sentenced to be reduced to time served or at least for Pamela to be released on parole. "

free pamela smart?.. hmm.. tough one.. but I think I'll pass.

One of these days, someone's going to need to explain to me how "life" can be determined by a number. Seems to me if someone gets life in prison, they don't get out of prison until the END of their life.

Quote Originally Posted by messiecake
    She still will NOT admit any guilt or admit to having anything to do with her husband's murder!!!! After all these years she's still in denial(?) even with all the evidence! The only thing she says she feels bad about is her Mother being "upset" but she admits to NOTHING!!!
    I think she's a sociopath. She will never admit her guilt. I hope she never, ever gets out. She looks like a robot to me, reciting carefully rehearsed phrases like Peterson did in his tv interviews.

Well, I'm off to sign the petition.

LOL, OMG did I ever misread that. I am not signing any petition for her reduction in sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon25
    *LOL*
    I wonder if the person who started the thread Read the petition. Or if they are just trying to be sneaky??
    Oh, good grief, NO! I think she should stay right where she is...

Pam is almost exactly (to the day) one year younger than I am. I remember thinking at the time she was sentenced "Wow! She's going to be in prison for the rest of her life..that must suck!" At the time, she was 23 and I was 24... I am always curious now to see recent pictures of her - I like to see who's aging better! So far, I'm winning - I don't think prison is too great on the complexion!

ETA: Curious thing about that petition...I noticed that her mother and sister signed it, but not her father and brother...I wonder why that is...
    Fritzy's Tip of the Day:

In addition to being yummy, crunchy, all-natural snacks, dead flies make excellent hockey pucks.

Pamela Smart should spend the rest of her life in prison. She conspired to have her husband murdered when she could have divorced him.

She also was a teacher, who ruined the lives of several teenagers. I don't feel sorry for her at all.

She is a pathological liar whose lies make no sense at all. They have her on tape. Of course, she has a ridiculous excuse for her self-incriminating conversation.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast