OT: Carla Baron

wonderllama

Registered Snoozer
Reaction score
As most of you know I'm a sceptical kind of lad.
But I keep an open mind on twitter.

I have several twitter accounts that I follow relating to crimes and websleuthing etc.

So today when I was followed by Carla Baron out of the blue I followed back, but sent the message -
"Hi Carla, I'm going to follow you back as I have an interest in solving crimes, however I don't believe psychics are psychic :)"

Best to be open and honest I thought, after all, I'm usually out there with my opinions in twitter (bit more reserved here).

Not 30 seconds later, I was unfollowed and blocked.

So my questions to you all are;

1. (tongue in cheek) shouldn't she have seen that coming?

2. Isn't this the worst kind of attitude for a psychic to have given that if they truly possess a gift, it is up to them to convince, rather than to only attract people already convinced? Crimes don't get solved when you only talk to yes men/women

3. And my tenuous link to the JBR case. Have psychics ever been involved in the JBR case? I know they invariably got dragged out for every sort of case here in Australia right up until the 90s or even later.

In asking these questions, and despite knowing that I think it's all a load of cobbler's, it has been 16 years, surely any psychic connections must have been available by now?

Thanks in advance.
And those who believe, don't take offence at my scepticism, take it as an opportunity to educate - publicly. I don't do education in private :)

Wonderllama, look at this link:

http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetindex.htm

About half-way down the page are some small photos (running left to right, or right to left). In the middle is a psychic's conception of how JonBenet's killer looked. This psychic is the only one I've heard of being involved in this case. Some have said it looks like John Mark Karr. I think it looks like John Ramsey (look to the left of the psychic's drawing for the Death of Innocence book cover.

The late Dorothy Allison's conception of JBR's killer is presented in Kolar's book, and many people think the drawing looks like JMK. Dorothy Allison was a well known psychic who frequently worked with police departments, but she was not the only psychic to offer an impression of what happened to JBR. As far as I know, Allison was not working directly with Boulder LE; her name was well known, and her vision thus received media attention. Kolar used her impression of the perpetrator in one of his official presentations to LE, but not in support of her views; rather, he wished to challenge the IDIs to find the (to him) mythical intruders.

It might come as no surprise to learn that even psychics - like the members of this board - express a wide variety of views as to who killed JBR. If you google "psychic jonbenet," you can find many such impressions published on personal websites and forums. Several well-known psychics have publicly declined to comment on this case, citing legal reasons. I am not aware of any psychics working directly with the BPD in this investigation, but then...one wouldn't really expect to hear about it, if there were.

Re Carla Baron - I think she might simply have decided to avoid debate about her approach to crimes. Many psychics choose not to engage people who are openly skeptical, as there's precious little meeting ground for engagement, and slim chance of a mutually satisfactory resolution between viewpoints.

Oh I get that, I wasn't ever going to be engaging in conversation with her, I simply put my position out there at the get go and apparently even that was too far.

She wasn't to know I wasn't going to argue with her of course....or was she? ;)

if she was a true psychic, shouldn't she have known you weren't a believer and would've posted such news upon her following you as well as known she'd unfollow and block you?

so why follow you to begin with? :D

Whether any of it is real or not, I tend to be somewhat agnostic. But there are definitely so many fakes that it becomes difficult to believe in any "real" psychics. Many are probably fake, but never get exposed.

A friend of mine in Scotland told me about her having an opportunity to go see a live performance of someone named Derek Acorah. She told me about something that had happened with him on a television show he was on called "Most Haunted Live". I don't know just how many people in Britain know about this, or how much of a scandal it was, but the segment is on Youtube (linked below).

In the clip (apparently being filmed "live") the guy begins being "possessed" and blurts out the first thing that comes to mind whilst they are "investigating" what happened to the inhabitants of the place that is "haunted". Whilst you are watching his performance, you can see that the woman can barely keep from laughing out loud. But at about 2 minutes into the clip, they thought they had linked back to the studio and were off camera. But instead the feed continued and revealed them and the crew laughing, along with the woman saying to Derek, "What got me was..." While laughing, the crew seemed to lose all their fear and cautiousness, which they had previously about the area they were "investigating".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uD0dPhr9cQ"]Most Haunted - Mary Loves Dick! - YouTube[/ame]

My friend in Scotland knew that she would be in the front row of his live performance because she is in a wheelchair, so there was a good chance she might be approached by this guy as part of his act. I suggested to her that when he asked her name and shoved the microphone in her face, she should respond with, "My name is Mary... and I love....."

Edited to add: I googled the name and the phrase and found this on Ebay -- apparently the incident is fairly well-know.

Jane Gray Stobie, a former employee of Access Graphics, says she has spoken with the ghost of JonBenét Ramsey for the past year and the little girl is saying who killed her.
Stobie worked with JonBenét's father, John Ramsey, at Access Graphics in Boulder from 1990 to 1994. You can read what she said about that experience in ‘Spiritual medium’: JonBenet speaks.
I found the book interesting and her account of the crime through JoneBenet’s eyes plausible. She also offered insight into the Paugh family and the goings on at Access Graphics.

Whether any of it is real or not, I tend to be somewhat agnostic. But there are definitely so many fakes that it becomes difficult to believe in any "real" psychics. Many are probably fake, but never get exposed.

A friend of mine in Scotland told me about her having an opportunity to go see a live performance of someone named Derek Acorah. She told me about something that had happened with him on a television show he was on called "Most Haunted Live". I don't know just how many people in Britain know about this, or how much of a scandal it was, but the segment is on Youtube (linked below).

In the clip (apparently being filmed "live") the guy begins being "possessed" and blurts out the first thing that comes to mind whilst they are "investigating" what happened to the inhabitants of the place that is "haunted". Whilst you are watching his performance, you can see that the woman can barely keep from laughing out loud. But at about 2 minutes into the clip, they thought they had linked back to the studio and were off camera. But instead the feed continued and revealed them and the crew laughing, along with the woman saying to Derek, "What got me was..." While laughing, the crew seemed to lose all their fear and cautiousness, which they had previously about the area they were "investigating".

Most Haunted - Mary Loves Dick! - YouTube

My friend in Scotland knew that she would be in the front row of his live performance because she is in a wheelchair, so there was a good chance she might be approached by this guy as part of his act. I suggested to her that when he asked her name and shoved the microphone in her face, she should respond with, "My name is Mary... and I love....."

Edited to add: I googled the name and the phrase and found this on Ebay -- apparently the incident is fairly well-know.

I think what's more telling is that on one occasion, Mr Acorah overheard some of the crew creating a FAKE character and info on that fake character and then presented it on the show as genuine.

The crew had done it deliberately and he fell for it. Rather telling.

Like I mention before, I don't believe in psychics, especially the one who's making 'entertainment' from it...:)

However, by saying this, I need to admit that I know ONLY one person with absolute unique telepathic ability of seeing the future events (he always hate to do that!), see the objects hidden far away, read the mind of the strangers by simply touching their hands, give 'orders' without saying a word...this person is Mr. Wolf Messing.

Many-many years ago, I discovered the book about him, written by medical experts who have been involved in Mr. Messing's psychological evaluation. Since than, I read a lot of books about him and highly recommend for anyone who believes that capability of the human brain is not fully discovered.....

...and maybe one day I'll discover another 'Messing'...until then: nope, don't bother me with psychics:).........

Jane Gray Stobie, a former employee of Access Graphics, says she has spoken with the ghost of JonBenét Ramsey for the past year and the little girl is saying who killed her.
Stobie worked with JonBenét's father, John Ramsey, at Access Graphics in Boulder from 1990 to 1994. You can read what she said about that experience in ‘Spiritual medium’: JonBenet speaks.
I found the book interesting and her account of the crime through JoneBenet’s eyes plausible. She also offered insight into the Paugh family and the goings on at Access Graphics.

So...who did JB say killed her? And where can I find the book?

Yeah, pistolina, spill the beans! :D

DeeDee, the book's on Amazon and the reviews are quite mixed.

As most of you know I'm a sceptical kind of lad.
But I keep an open mind on twitter.

I have several twitter accounts that I follow relating to crimes and websleuthing etc.

So today when I was followed by Carla Baron out of the blue I followed back, but sent the message -
"Hi Carla, I'm going to follow you back as I have an interest in solving crimes, however I don't believe psychics are psychic :)"

Best to be open and honest I thought, after all, I'm usually out there with my opinions in twitter (bit more reserved here).

Not 30 seconds later, I was unfollowed and blocked.

So my questions to you all are;

1. (tongue in cheek) shouldn't she have seen that coming?

2. Isn't this the worst kind of attitude for a psychic to have given that if they truly possess a gift, it is up to them to convince, rather than to only attract people already convinced? Crimes don't get solved when you only talk to yes men/women

3. And my tenuous link to the JBR case. Have psychics ever been involved in the JBR case? I know they invariably got dragged out for every sort of case here in Australia right up until the 90s or even later.

In asking these questions, and despite knowing that I think it's all a load of cobbler's, it has been 16 years, surely any psychic connections must have been available by now?

Thanks in advance.
And those who believe, don't take offence at my scepticism, take it as an opportunity to educate - publicly. I don't do education in private :)

Yes. And some are highly accurate and detailed and avoid all notariety...they report to the feds and do it for the sole purpose of doing the right thing. You wont hear about them mentioned by name.

Is that true?
I know the police etc here are very definite with their saying that there has never been a case solved due to the assistance of a Psychic.

Would like to find the stats for the same thing in the US.

Yeah, pistolina, spill the beans! :D

DeeDee, the book's on Amazon and the reviews are quite mixed.

Well, I'll tell but no ones gonna like it. PR - with the flashlight - in JBR bedroom. She caught JR in bed with JBR. Missed him, hit her. PR writes the RN with the intention of removing the body from the house but in the craziness of it all PR locks her keys in the trunk of her car. So the plan changed and the staging in the house starts. And in case you want to go on a treasure hunt, Stobie says that JR called someone in the middle of the night that came and took away all the evidence. Why they didn’t also take the body, I don’t know. This person then buried all the evidence. Stobie does tell where and says that she has been there looking for it but it’s never been found.

What I liked about the book was the inside information on the Paugh family and Access Graphics. Stobie was the victim of molestation herself (if I am remembering right) and she pointed to behavior in the Paugh family that made her think that the Paugh girls had also been molested.

Thanks, pistolina - now I want to read the book! It does sound plausible, as you said earlier.

ETA: Ordered! :D

(I wonder if any psychics have contacted PR - it must have been attempted, but so far I haven't found anything about it online.)

Thanks, pistolina - now I want to read the book! It does sound plausible, as you said earlier.

ETA: Ordered! :D

(I wonder if any psychics have contacted PR - it must have been attempted, but so far I haven't found anything about it online.)

I hope I didn't ruin the ending for you;)

You know I never thought about that? Please post anything you find. I would be interested in what PR had to say from the grave.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back