1181 users online (252 members and 929 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Two charged after 113 dead kittens found, along with 51 cats in need of care

Monterey County: 113 dead kittens found at two properties in Seaside (mercurynews.com, 07.26)
    The Monterey County SPCA has raised the number of dead kittens found at two Seaside properties to 113, up from 75 reported earlier Wednesday, a spokeswoman said.

In a joint effort, the SPCA and Seaside police served search warrants at the properties, where SPCA workers also found 51 live cats on Tuesday.

"It's very disturbing," SPCA humane investigation supervisor Capt. Judi Adams said, adding that all the dead felines were very young, "newborn, a day or a week old."
    ---
    The warrants were executed simultaneously, SPCA spokeswoman Beth Brookhouser said. "I've never seen a case like this before in my entire career."
    ---
    more at the link

Cat-hoarding case: Seaside mother and daughter charged (montereyherald.com, 08.23)
    ---
    The District Attorney's Office said Donna Johnson was charged with three felony counts of animal cruelty, and she and her mother, Maggie Johnson, were also charged with three counts each of misdemeanor animal neglect.

They are to be arraigned Sept. 11, prosecutors said.
    ---
    The seized cats all needed medical treatment, food and water because they were found living in cramped, extremely filthy and badly ventilated quarters, prosecutors said.
    ---
    more at the link

Tears are falling while i read this as I'm sure they are from all the animal lovers here. Why?

goz

Mein Gott I hate people sometimes...
    England's dancing days are done...

i dont even want to read the rest of that,we have a kitten thats just 9weeks old cant imagine anyone hurting her.
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

Absolutely horrendous...special place in hell for those responsible, karma is a beeetch. God bless those that survived and the people taking care of them.

"I bear the chain I forged in life...I made it of my own free will and of my own free will I wore it....your chain was fully as long as this seven Christmas Eve's ago - and you have labored on it since." Jacob Marley

MURDERER'S! You know g**damn well what happened to your kid so stop playing the victim and just confess you lying murdering liars! - Mr. Chris Stotch - South Park

All posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    Tears are falling while i read this as I'm sure they are from all the animal lovers here. Why?
    Mental illness. Clearly. I don't believe God sends sick people to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Mental illness. Clearly. I don't believe God sends sick people to hell.
    Touche! Yes, animal hoarding is identified as part of the OCD family of disorders in the DSM-IV and is therefore considered a mental disorder.

I am quick to judge, I admit, hopefully they will receive treatment that will keep this from happening again, however, most animal hoarders return the hoarding behavior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compuls...nimal_hoarding

Not only are there significant health risks associated with compulsive hoarding, but scientists are also trying to pinpoint how significant the interference is with occupational and social functioning in a hoarder's daily life. In a pool of compulsive hoarders, 42% found their behavior problematic to the 63% of their family and friends who saw the behavior as problematic. The findings suggest that individuals who hoard may exhibit impaired sensitivity to their own and others’ emotions, and conversely, relate the world around them by forming attachments to possessions [or animals] rather than to people. Lower emotional intelligence among hoarding patients may also impact their ability to discard and organize their possessions.[38] With such detrimental characteristics, comprehensive research has been performed to find a cure. Although this is ongoing research, most investigations have found that only a third of patients who hoard show an adequate response to these medications and therapeutic interventions.

"I bear the chain I forged in life...I made it of my own free will and of my own free will I wore it....your chain was fully as long as this seven Christmas Eve's ago - and you have labored on it since." Jacob Marley

MURDERER'S! You know g**damn well what happened to your kid so stop playing the victim and just confess you lying murdering liars! - Mr. Chris Stotch - South Park

All posts are my opinion only.