1188 users online (240 members and 948 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

MI - Chloe West, 2, St Joseph, 23 August 2012

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...t/AmberServlet

The St. Joseph Police Department is investigating a missing child believed to be in extreme danger. Authorities say Chloe West, 2, was taken by her maternal mother, Lisa West. Lisa West had her parental rights terminated.

Chloe is 25 pounds and has brown eyes. She was last seen with her hair braided with many barrettes. She was last seen wearing a pink short sleeved dress with white flowers and matching ruffled shorts.
    http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/2...ld-is-missing-

audio here of LE saying what happened:
    http://www.wsjm.com/AMBER-ALERT-Issu...ph-Girl/140622
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 08-24-2012 at 07:47 PM.

this happened during a supervised visit

Police are searching for a missing girl they believe may have been abducted by her mom during a scheduled supervised visit.

St. Joseph Department of Public Safety is looking for 2 year old Chloe Christina West, believed to be kidnapped by her mom, Lisa West. The two were having a supervised visit in the 500 block of Court Street in St. Joseph when it's believed that West left the residence with Chloe, without permission from Child Protective Services
    The two might be in the company of Wayne Henry, who is from Benton Harbor.
    http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox1...,6774318.story

Authorities say Chloe West, 2, was taken by her maternal mother
    Maternal mother?

I hope they will find her quickly and safe. St. Joseph would be full of tourists this time of year. They have the beach, children's museum, art museum, free horse carriage rides, the park, nice hotels... There would be a lot of people out and about and if the people know she is missing, that would be a lot of eyes looking for her, unless she was taken out of town or out of state. Didn't they say the mother left on foot after taking her?

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Maternal mother?
    I think she may have foster parents... as the mother has had her parental rights terminated

An active Amber Alert has been issued for Allegan, Barry, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph and Van Buren counties.

St. Joseph police are currently investigating a reported endangered, missing child. 2-year-old Chloe West was taken by her mother, Lisa West.

Chloe is a black female, 21" tall, 25 pounds, with brown eyes, black, braided hair with barrettes. She was last seen wearing a pink short sleeved dress with white flowers and matching ruffled shorts.
    http://www.wlns.com/story/19354890/a...for-chloe-west

I'm not familiar with the specifics of a supervised visit, but how could she just walk out with a small child?

Are supervised visits usually held in a private home or a public building with a place to hold a private visit?

Hope they find this baby soon
    “A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    I think she may have foster parents... as the mother has had her parental rights terminated
    Is it common to have visits if your parental rights have been terminated? Wouldn't that confuse a child during adjusting to a new life/home?? MHOO

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,

Quote Originally Posted by mahoolin View Post
    I'm not familiar with the specifics of a supervised visit, but how could she just walk out with a small child?

Are supervised visits usually held in a private home or a public building with a place to hold a private visit?

Hope they find this baby soon
    It all depends on the DHS/CPS worker and what they approve.

One thing that stands out to me is once TPR has happened, usually all visits and contact is stopped except for the goodbye visit, there is usually that one last visit for parents to spend time with their child, take pics, give a gift, a letter for when they are older etc..... I'm wondering if that is what this visit was and the mom was emotionally desperate and decided to pull the kidnapping.

Mom should have NOT been left alone with the child, with my clients they can't even leave the room to change a diaper, they have to let the supervisor do it, or do it in the same room, and as for going potty, supervisor is supposed to go with.. they are especially careful around here during the goodbye visit

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    I hope they will find her quickly and safe. St. Joseph would be full of tourists this time of year. They have the beach, children's museum, art museum, free horse carriage rides, the park, nice hotels... There would be a lot of people out and about and if the people know she is missing, that would be a lot of eyes looking for her, unless she was taken out of town or out of state. Didn't they say the mother left on foot after taking her?
    BBM

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox1...,6774318.story

It's not known whether she left the scene on foot or in a vehicle.
    ...per this article, but a couple of others state they believe she left on foot. If so, how long was she unsupervised, that someone couldn't walk outside and see someone walking away?? I'm sure there's a reasonable story, but
    This poor baby

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    It all depends on the DHS/CPS worker and what they approve.

One thing that stands out to me is once TPR has happened, usually all visits and contact is stopped except for the goodbye visit, there is usually that one last visit for parents to spend time with their child, take pics, give a gift, a letter for when they are older etc..... I'm wondering if that is what this visit was and the mom was emotionally desperate and decided to pull the kidnapping.

Mom should have NOT been left alone with the child, with my clients they can't even leave the room to change a diaper, they have to let the supervisor do it, or do it in the same room, and as for going potty, supervisor is supposed to go with.. they are especially careful around here during the goodbye visit
    BBM
    That's what I thought - terminated. period.
    - how then did she get away?? Children that age are busy, and not normally quiet unless napping, wouldn't the silence have been telling??

there has to be a vehicle description for an amber alert, no?

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    there has to be a vehicle description for an amber alert, no?
    that's my understanding....

I hope her emotional desperation doesn't cause her to harm this lovely child
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast