1023 users online (226 members and 797 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - man drives to Texas to kidnap 14 yr old

http://www.ultimatekaty.com/stories/...internet-sting

Detectives arrested Pearl City, Ill., resident James Wean Jr., 49, at 9 p.m. Aug. 21 near a gas station in the 3500 block of Pin Oak after he allegedly arrived in town to pick up the girl and take her away, possibly out of the country, according to a Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office news release.
    Fort Bend County is near Houston. The 14 year old girl's parents notified cops that this man was leaving inappropriate messages on her facebook. This perv drove from Illinois to South Texas to kidnap this girl but the cops were waiting for him.

I wonder what other crimes he has been up to. He is 49, I doubt this is his first victim. Makes me wonder if he has ever been to Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    Fort Bend County is near Houston. The 14 year old girl's parents notified cops that this man was leaving inappropriate messages on her facebook. This perv drove from Illinois to South Texas to kidnap this girl but the cops were waiting for him.

I wonder what other crimes he has been up to. He is 49, I doubt this is his first victim. Makes me wonder if he has ever been to Idaho.
    sounds like an episode of "to catch a predator" or whatever that show was with chris hanson.... thank god the cops were there!

smipped from article: "He is being held without bond. He faces two to 20 years in jail and a $10,000 fine, according to the release."

Way to go, Texas LE.

Way to go, parents!

Makes you wonder----what was he going to do with her after the first night at the motel?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post

This is the second one this week! I posted about a guy who came from California to Pennsy and picked the kid up at her house with the parents home. Sadly they made it to the motel and the poor kid got raped, videotaped and zapped with a flippin stun gun.

http://coveringkaty.com/2013/07/31/s...pleads-guilty/

Wean Jr., pleaded guilty to attempting to have sex with a minor. His reduced sentence is 7 years. He drove over 900 miles to meet this 14 year old girl at a strip mall.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.