1154 users online (199 members and 955 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - Worker who died after fall into S.A. brewery's smokestack "died a horrid death"

Worker trapped at brewery died a horrid death (San Antonio Express News)
    Trapped inside the base of a giant smokestack, the young roofer, who had fallen 20 feet down the shaft on his first day on the job at the Pearl Brewery, desperately sought help from anyone who might hear him through the thick red brick walls.

He had removed his harness and tennis shoes, which he could have used to bang against the small black metal door that might have looked to him in the dark like a way out. The blood on the door, padlocked from the outside, would indicate that he had used his hands too.

Victor Diaz's disappearance last week, just hours after he arrived on the job site, set off an agonizing week of pavement-pounding searches by his family members, including frustrating visits to the police and to the Pearl.

Their fruitless search would end Tuesday when construction crew members noticed flies swarming and smelled decay near the smokestack, where no workers should have been. They got the key to open the 2-foot-by-3-foot door and found a man's body so badly decomposed that he remains unidentified.
    ---
    much, much more at link above, with pictures

That poor man. So many questions.
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Terrible. His poor family, looking all over for him for days.

RIP Mr Diaz. Peace to his family, especially his wife and little ones.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

I wish I hadn't read that

What will be the COD? Dehydration?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    It's very hot in TX. I don't think it would be air conditioned where he ended up.
    Just my opinion

S.A. daytime highs, 14 August - 21 August:

101; 102; 101; 100; 99; 91; 97; 94

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    The article said badly decomposed, sorry, and he had been missing a week. I think he had to have suffered some serious injuries from the fall that sped up his death. Jmo
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

so sad
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." – Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    I know it sounds stupid to be leery of this not being an accident but I do question it..

For any who read the story know that the man full strapped with safety harness would have had t go inside the the broiler house and then go up 20 fett up(I assume stairs inside broiler house) and then he would have had to crawl thru the metal tunnel that attached to the smokehouse(its purpose served as a condensation outlet when the smokestack was in use).. He had to crawl thru that pitch dark tunnel which dropped off into the smoke house.. They all say there's no way he would have gone off crawling into this tunnel.. It was not even near the area where they were to be working...

Then lastly we know he survived the fall, removed his harness and shoes and literally beat the black iron door at the base of the smoke stack until he died attempting to get help

He'd just arrived on the scene.. The crew worked there all day and not one heard this man beating with metal harness pieces up against the iron door?..

Something doesn't seem right to me. Jmo.
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The article said badly decomposed, sorry, and he had been missing a week. I think he had to have suffered some serious injuries from the fall that sped up his death. Jmo
    Again, it's extremely hot in TX. Heat speeds up decomposition. And if he beat up on the walls he didn't die from the fall.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    I know it sounds stupid to be leery of this not being an accident but I do question it..

For any who read the story know that the man full strapped with safety harness would have had t go inside the the broiler house and then go up 20 fett up(I assume stairs inside broiler house) and then he would have had to crawl thru the metal tunnel that attached to the smokehouse(its purpose served as a condensation outlet when the smokestack was in use).. He had to crawl thru that pitch dark tunnel which dropped off into the smoke house.. They all say there's no way he would have gone off crawling into this tunnel.. It was not even near the area where they were to be working...

Then lastly we know he survived the fall, removed his harness and shoes and literally beat the black iron door at the base of the smoke stack until he died attempting to get help

He'd just arrived on the scene.. The crew worked there all day and not one heard this man beating with metal harness pieces up against the iron door?..

Something doesn't seem right to me. Jmo.
    Well if it's not an accident somebody would have to drag him, while he was alive (and he presumably was a healthy adult male) through that same tunnel, drop him, and then return. Which I really find extremely unlikely. How does someone drag a healthy adult male through a small tunnel? I am not sure why he went through that tunnel but I really doubt it was not an accident. And the crew was working on a building, not the smokestack.
    Just my opinion

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Well if it's not an accident somebody would have to drag him, while he was alive (and he was a healthy adult male) through that same tunnel, drop him, and then return. Which I really find extremely unlikely. How does someone drag a healthy adult male through a small tunnel? I am not sure why he went through that tunnel but I really doubt it was not an accident.
    Nope not if the new hire first day on the job newbie was told to go crawling thru the vent..
    Yea I know makes a lot of sense, right?.. Maybe not but neither does his just randomly choosing to crawl off into a dark tunnel not even the area your working.

Look I made it clear that it wasn't any accusation but rather some questions.. Gmab.
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Again, it's extremely hot in TX. Heat speeds up decomposition. And if he beat up on the walls he didn't die from the fall.
    Jjenny is right. Consider the fact that this is a brick smokestack, like a chimney. It sits there absorbing all of the hot dry Texas sun, triple digit temps. It is still hot even at night. Nova suggested dehydration, but this poor guy was slow-roasted.

Example: I killed a huge wolf spider on my back porch, in an area which is shaded from the sun all day. I forgot to pick it up and when I went to get it the next day it crumbled like dust. Not even kidding. Dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Ada View Post
    I wish I hadn't read that
    Me too, Ada. How horrible.

GB this young man's loved ones family and friends. He was obviously loved. May he rest in peace.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast