GUILTY IN - Carmen Ellis, 3, beaten to death, Indianapolis, 21 Aug 2012

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Three year old Carmen Ellis has been murdered by her mom's boyfriend. She was covered from head to toe in bruises and bite marks and was taken off life support.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...covered-head-toe-bruises-bite-marks-face.html

How can someone do something so evil to an innocent child? How many more times is a mother's partner going to assault or kill a child? Why does this keep happening?

R.I.P little Carmen and I hope the monster that did this rots in jail.

Boyfriends are not baby sitters!!! He looks so high in that picture, his skin looks like he has been bobbing for french fries, and he bites then beats her to death? I think the mother is culpable as well!!! Holy moley!

When will the trial be?

Do you think the mother will be charged also?

Heart breaking....and wow....worried about his own hide. Takes a really big MAN to beat a baby to death.

Heart breaking....and wow....worried about his own hide. Takes a really big MAN to beat a baby to death.

It's always the same isn't it? These cowards have no problem taking on a baby, but they'll probably cry in court. I don't have ANY sympathy! The should have thought of that before he decided to pick up that belt.

Watch the video.
The mother had a hunch that her bf was beating her daughter, but was afraid to take her to the hospital, so that he would be mad at her.....o_O

When will the trial be?

Do you think the mother will be charged also?

OT - sorry for several posts I am so angry about what has happened to this poor girl.

Carmen's mother has not been charged yet but authorities say that they have not ruled it out.

In my view she should be charged because she sat back and let that monster abuse and ultimately kill her. The excuse that she was frightened of him and what he would do if she took Carmen to the hospital doesn't wash with me. She is also responsible for her child's death by letting it happen. Carmen's "mum" should be held accountable for her actions as should the evil mother of poor Shaniya Davis.

I totally believe as a parent you should be prepared to die to protect your children from any danger they may face.

Child and animal abuse - there is no excuse!

This isn’t Cruz’s first brush-in with authorities. In July, a concerned neighbour called the police last month, reporting possible bite marks on the girl’s face.
However, the case was handed over to Child Services.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oe-bruises-bite-marks-face.html#ixzz24xX28dnH

Why am I not surprised by CPS involvement wit this child? And yet, here we are - another dead toddler, killed by yet another BF.

I am too disgusted to post further on this right now. Again and again and again we see the same thing. The names and faces change, the story stays the same.

Its disheartening to say the least.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...ons-from-Carmen-s-sad-story-?odyssey=nav|head

When Chasity Parksey saw clear signs that 3-year-old Carmen Ellis had been physically abused, she did what concerned citizens are urged to do in such cases: She called police to share her suspicions.

And the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department appears to have responded as it should have as well.

op ed piece on this case - worth the read.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...ssible-abuse-weeks-before-3-year-old-s-murder

INDIANAPOLIS — Chasity Parksey can’t find the word to express her feelings as she scrolls through photographs on her smart phone — images she was certain someone from the Department of Child Services would want to see.

The photos are of 3-year-old Carmen Ellis. One depicts a bruise on her right cheek. The other shows similar bruises on her left cheek and another over her eye.

Parksey snapped the photos on July 13 during a visit to an Indianapolis home where her sister and the woman’s boyfriend lived with another couple and two small children. She also called police.

Parksey said she saved the pictures of Carmen on her phone, expecting someone from DCS to follow up with her.

But no one from DCS ever contacted Parksey.

This isn’t Cruz’s first brush-in with authorities. In July, a concerned neighbour called the police last month, reporting possible bite marks on the girl’s face.
However, the case was handed over to Child Services.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oe-bruises-bite-marks-face.html#ixzz24xX28dnH

Why am I not surprised by CPS involvement wit this child? And yet, here we are - another dead toddler, killed by yet another BF.

I am too disgusted to post further on this right now. Again and again and again we see the same thing. The names and faces change, the story stays the same.

Its disheartening to say the least.

I totally understand how you feel. This keeps happening again and again same situation in different countries all over the world. I really don't know what can be done to stop this. I wish children could be removed from the home after the first sign of abuse, if you can attack a child once you are able to do it time and time again.

How do you get a woman or man who is prepared to watch their child be abused and do nothing about it do to supposed fear to change?

So Mom snapped photos of her baby girl's bruised body WEEKS before her fatal beating, and yet she continued shacking up with Prince Harming and allowing him access to the daughter she was so concerned about?

I call BS! :(

So Mom snapped photos of her baby girl's bruised body WEEKS before her fatal beating, and yet she continued shacking up with Prince Harming and allowing him access to the daughter she was so concerned about?

Not mom, photographer/CPS reporter was not mom but is, I think, a neighbor. And bless her for trying. She did what we all say people should. She called police with her suspicions. She photographed the bruises and bald spots. CPS was contacted by LE, and yet - here we are. I feel for this woman. She tried to do right by this baby. the system failed, not the witness.

I know it is disgusting that she allowed this to happen.

Not mom, photographer/CPS reporter was not mom but is, I think, a neighbor. And bless her for trying. She did what we all say people should. She called police with her suspicions. She photographed the bruises and bald spots. CPS was contacted by LE, and yet - here we are. I feel for this woman. She tried to do right by this baby. the system failed, not the witness.

Thank you for clarifying! I am skimming the articles quickly and read that wrong.

Poor woman must be brokenhearted.

ETA: it reads like the woman, Chasity is the mom's sister? Even sadder to have this happen to your own niece.

Fox 59 has learned that Cruz told the judge other inmates had a hit on him. He claimed he was told he had a week or less to live. According to officials at the jail, Cruz has been staying in a cell by himself and is on suicide watch.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-man-...e-ordered-hit-on-him-20120824,0,626930.column

I am not a perfect person. This gives me some small measure of satisfaction. I hope Mr. Cruz enjoys the feeling of knowing people want him dead. Maybe he will then know how very helpless poor Carmen felt every time he beat her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back