IL - Missing teen found after escaping 2 year captivity, Washington Park

EXIA15145

Inactive
Reaction score
'WASHINGTON PARK, Ill. — A teenage girl reported missing more than two years ago escaped from a home in southwestern Illinois where she said she was held captive and repeatedly sexually assaulted, police said Thursday.

Police in Washington Park, a village next to East St. Louis, said the girl reported that she was raped by her captor, got pregnant and had a baby.

In April 2010, St. Louis, Mo., police listed the girl as a missing or runaway juvenile. She was 15 when she disappeared.'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...f-60a00f604425_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

I don't know, I feel like this is just going to keep on getting worse. But at least the girl and baby are alive, and the perpetrators are caught.

Wow! I hope there's no more to that story where it turns out she wasn't actually held against her will. What a nightmare for her if this is how it was. Apparently the mother "assisted?" Lord, what on earth was she thinking!

Someone on here is going to be happy some young lady has been found alive and relatively well. I hope a LOT of someones are going to be happy.

this link isnt working for me, is there a name for this girl that i can search for? tia

Found a different link

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ill-police-teen-held-captive-years-escapes-17069689#.UDcIHsFlTkc

Apparently the police know who she is but haven't released her name. I wonder if we have a thread on her? Missing more than two years, she was 15 at the time, her captor would have been 22 at the time and his mother is an accomplice. How much you want to bet they met on facebook?

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/articl..._police_say_teen_held_captive_2_years_escapes

In April 2010, St. Louis, Mo., police listed the girl as a missing or runaway juvenile.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/334574/3/Girl-escapes-after-28-months-in-captivity

...she told them she is now 19. We asked police about the age discrepancy, and they said the victim was reported missing in April 2010, but she may have been missing before that date.

This last article says the missing report is from April 6, 2010. I wonder who she is?

Found a different link

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ill-police-teen-held-captive-years-escapes-17069689#.UDcIHsFlTkc

Apparently the police know who she is but haven't released her name. I wonder if we have a thread on her? Missing more than two years, she was 15 at the time, her captor would have been 22 at the time and his mother is an accomplice. How much you want to bet they met on facebook?

This last article saya the missing report is from April 6, 2010. I wonder who she is?

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

This can't be the right girl. Check this out:

This would indicate that she may have gone missing when she was 15 but was not reported missing until April 6, 2010. She went missing from St. Louis.

We need to keep looking, this girl is too old to be Kelsee.

From the article:

"In April 2010, St. Louis, Mo., police listed the girl as a missing or runaway juvenile. She was 15 when she disappeared."

We asked police about the age discrepancy, and they said the victim was reported missing in April 2010,

Either she sucks at math (15+2=17 not 19) or someone made a reporting mistake

Kelsee was 15 when she went missing in 2010

From Charley

Date of Birth: November 2, 1994

The unidentified was listed as being 15 years old on April 6th 2010.

She also is listed as a runaway which they said that the unidentified girl was listed as a runaway

From the article:

"In April 2010, St. Louis, Mo., police listed the girl as a missing or runaway juvenile. She was 15 when she disappeared."

Kelsee was 15 when she went missing in 2010

From Charley

Date of Birth: November 2, 1994

The unidentified was listed as being 15 years old on April 6th 2010.

She also is listed as a runaway which they said that the unidentified girl was listed as a runaway

That make her 18? She would turn 19 in november.

No the girl was reported missing in 2010 but went missing when she was 15

The girl found today would have been 17 in 2010.

The police said the unidentified girl was 15 on April 6th 2010

Kelsee was 15 on April 6th 2010

They said she went missing when she was 15 ,when asked about the age thing ,they responded with she was not reported missing until 2010.

At least that is how I took it.

Really I was hoping it was Kara . I am still glad it is someones recovered child.

q64ceo,

I'm not trying to be argumentative. I don't know if you read that last article I linked or if you just don't believe the info is correct. The girl who escaped told police that she is 19 years old now. She went missing from St. Louis, the article says she is listed as missing by the St. Louis Police Department.

Kelsee would only be 17 and she went missing from Idaho. It is a completely different girl.

q64ceo,

I'm not trying to be argumentative. I don't know if you read that last article I linked or if you just don't believe the info is correct. The girl who escaped told police that she is 19 years old now. She went missing from St. Louis, the article says she is listed as missing by the St. Louis Police Department.

Kelsee would only be 17 and she went missing from Idaho. It is a completely different girl.

Daily Mail lists her as 17

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-held-captive-sexually-assaulted-years.html

Also, read this again

"We asked police about the age discrepancy," That means that she was not reported as the correct age by the police

q64ceo,

I get what you are saying.

I guess we will just have to wait for a few more details to be released

I tried to find out who she was by going to missingkids.com, I had no luck. Because she's supposed to be a victim of sexual abuse, they won't name her.

Found a different link

This last article says the missing report is from April 6, 2010. I wonder who she is?

I didn't know where to post this, so there's another thread. It's in Spotlight on Children

The link says she was 15 yrs old when she went missing.

In April 2010, St. Louis, Mo., police listed the girl as a missing or runaway juvenile. She was 15 when she disappeared.

It does not say she went missing in April. It is implied but not stated. It only says she was listed as missing or runaway in April 2010. That may be the time the girl said the guy started to hold her captive.

She could have been missing for some time before the guy held her captive.
There's a lot here that doesn't add up, so maybe we should wait or look for more information. The whole thing is a little odd, but it may be due to the reporting of it. Some times the media doesn't get it correct, and sometimes they mislead. Sorry, but IMHO that's the case sometimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back