Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NC- Dr. Leslie Jones Cargile, 53, & William Cargile Jr., 58, Black Mountain, Aug 2012

I found this site while googling about the Cargile's and wanted to add to it. Dr. Cargile had been my doctor since I was in elementary school. She was my Mom's doctor for 27 years along with a lot of my family. In fact, I dont know anyone from the area who hasn't been to Dr. Cargile's office. There are so many rumors going around right now and I hate to see that some are being treated as truth...

First off, a lot of people are saying Dr. Cargile's husband was mean but there's more people saying how much the couple loved each other very much and they both just loved life.

There hasn't been a reliable source stating the bank accounts were emptied. The McDowell News published an article saying a couple from Old Fort had HEARD that the bank accounts were emptied. Law enforcement has said that a judge ordered the couples bank accounts be frozen. McDowell News also reported about a malpractice suit that happened years ago but the settelment payment was made in 2010 so that's irrelevant.

It's been said the couple went out of town for the weekend to celebrate their wedding anniversary so they didn't just leave and not tell anyone.

When going to this office, it felt like a huge family. There was never a time where you felt uncomfortable (even during physicals). She was so warm spirited and kind. Everyone who worked there were all just genuinely sweet. A lot of people from the community have taken flowers, cards, crosses, and candles and set them outside of the practice. We've lit a candle the past two nights and will light another tonight. Regardless of what happened or what's reported, she was a wonderful woman and a lot of people adored her.

Where sweet tea and gracious people abound
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMountainer View Post
    I found this site while googling about the Cargile's and wanted to add to it. Dr. Cargile had been my doctor since I was in elementary school. She was my Mom's doctor for 27 years along with a lot of my family. In fact, I dont know anyone from the area who hasn't been to Dr. Cargile's office. There are so many rumors going around right now and I hate to see that some are being treated as truth...

First off, a lot of people are saying Dr. Cargile's husband was mean but there's more people saying how much the couple loved each other very much and they both just loved life.

There hasn't been a reliable source stating the bank accounts were emptied. The McDowell News published an article saying a couple from Old Fort had HEARD that the bank accounts were emptied. Law enforcement has said that a judge ordered the couples bank accounts be frozen. McDowell News also reported about a malpractice suit that happened years ago but the settelment payment was made in 2010 so that's irrelevant.

It's been said the couple went out of town for the weekend to celebrate their wedding anniversary so they didn't just leave and not tell anyone.

When going to this office, it felt like a huge family. There was never a time where you felt uncomfortable (even during physicals). She was so warm spirited and kind. Everyone who worked there were all just genuinely sweet. A lot of people from the community have taken flowers, cards, crosses, and candles and set them outside of the practice. We've lit a candle the past two nights and will light another tonight. Regardless of what happened or what's reported, she was a wonderful woman and a lot of people adored her.
    I'm sorry for the loss to your community. Thanks for posting and welcome to WS!
    "The difference between a stepping stone and a stumbling block is the character of person walking the path" -Travis Alexander

I always thought love was shaped like a heart but it's actually like a cross.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeggyAnnMcKay For This Useful Post:

well from all angles they seem like they were kind, warm hearted people. We can only speculate as to what drove them to end their lives but RIP all the same.
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rachaellouise For This Useful Post:

Wonder why they went to TX to end things? Very sad!!!!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by georgiasblu View Post
    At the bottom of the page in that link, in the comments, someone corrects the writer of the article ~ says that he was a builder, not a retired M.D.
    And then Jennifer Saylor, the writer, says she has corrected it. There is nothing now that says what his profession is. He was a builder/developer but also managed her practice per following links.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MNlady For This Useful Post:

Cargile Route Mapped

Has anyone else looked at the route they drove on a map. First, they must havi neen druving like bats outta hell. Look at the time they left Tucedo and time they checked into the Hilton on Mobile....Basically all they did all was drive...So if this eas a planned (premeditated ) suicide what must yhose firstof 9 hours in the car have been like?? Why not do it that night at the Hilton in Mobile?? Then the next morning they drive(sgain like bbats) all the way to TX...1) Why not fly to TX? What was in the car that they didnt want to take on a plane? Looking back at the map we see that Mobile & the route beyond are a straight line from Tuxedo to Mexico....They left a note for the dog sitter?? For the healthcare professionals out there--Whats in a primary care sample closet that you eould want to overdose on?? They dont sample narcotics...I would think s DrKovorkian cocktail would ne an MDs 1st choice....NOT ehats in the sample closet
    Overdose on Wellbutrin? Flomax? Topomax? ...Dosent seem very efficacious..

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BlueRidgeMtns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Having some recent experience with the federal grand jury system, I wonder if perhaps there may have been an ongoing investigation into some sort of medical fraud. The pressure of learning you are under investigation could be overwhelming and could lead to some irrational acts I would imagine. This is all pure speculation on my part, but could explain some of the strange behaviors leading up to this tragedy. We may never know if such an investigation was underway, as it is all to be secretive until an indictment is handed down. If the targets of the investigation commit suicide, I woukd imagine the investigation is closed unless there are other targets. Again, these are my own imaginings, with no confirmed info to back it up.
    I can't imagine that the investigation would just be closed. A local doctor in my area was charged with Medicaid & Medicare fraud a few years ago. The doctor shared a building with the doctor I worked for, in fact we rented our space from him. He passed away right before the trial started (natural causes). The government not only went after and collected from his estate but the divorce settlement his wife had received more than a year before he was even charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Anon

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vasportsmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidgeMtns View Post
    Has anyone else looked at the route they drove on a map. First, they must havi neen druving like bats outta hell. Look at the time they left Tucedo and time they checked into the Hilton on Mobile....Basically all they did all was drive...So if this eas a planned (premeditated ) suicide what must yhose firstof 9 hours in the car have been like?? Why not do it that night at the Hilton in Mobile?? Then the next morning they drive(sgain like bbats) all the way to TX...1) Why not fly to TX? What was in the car that they didnt want to take on a plane? Looking back at the map we see that Mobile & the route beyond are a straight line from Tuxedo to Mexico....They left a note for the dog sitter?? For the healthcare professionals out there--Whats in a primary care sample closet that you eould want to overdose on?? They dont sample narcotics...I would think s DrKovorkian cocktail would ne an MDs 1st choice....NOT ehats in the sample closet
    Overdose on Wellbutrin? Flomax? Topomax? ...Dosent seem very efficacious..
    Having worked for a doctor for 7 years I can tell you that we DID (not yelling, just can't bold) narcotics. We had the little 6 packs of them just as the ER does. We also had sleeping pills, nerve medicines and so many other things you could make a deadly cocktail from.

ETA: Above I mentioned the doctor that we shared an office with being charged with Medicare/caid fraud. When his home was raided they discovered SIXTY boxes of pain killers in his attic.

- Anon

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vasportsmom For This Useful Post:

Where sweet tea and gracious people abound
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieR View Post
    Wonder why they went to TX to end things? Very sad!!!!
    I agree - that leaves me scratching my head too. What reason would they have to spend all that time driving?

I wonder if we'll ever know the whole story...I have so many questions!
    "The difference between a stepping stone and a stumbling block is the character of person walking the path" -Travis Alexander

I always thought love was shaped like a heart but it's actually like a cross.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeggyAnnMcKay For This Useful Post:

I find it hard to believe they willingly committed suicide. Especially at a Holiday Inn on a road to Galveston TX. Just look at the first part of the trip - they left home in a Mercedes 500SL; they stayed at the Hilton in Mobile. I am wondering if they were kidnapped in Mobile, because the rest is just bizarre.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Money Girl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Money Girl View Post
    I find it hard to believe they willingly committed suicide. Especially at a Holiday Inn on a road to Galveston TX. Just look at the first part of the trip - they left home in a Mercedes 500SL; they stayed at the Hilton in Mobile. I am wondering if they were kidnapped in Mobile, because the rest is just bizarre.
    I would think there would be video from the Holiday Inn to see if they were alone, and maybe their state of mind. As well as speaking with the desk staff. Also the door was locked from the inside, unless someone exited out the window if they were on the first floor then it would seem that they were alone.

I wonder since it was their anniversary that they were going to visit a special place that they hold in their hearts?

It would seem that it goes back to either some type of fraud or some type of illness.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Money Girl View Post
    I don't get it either. The only thing I can figure is that there was something about her practice (most likely his keeping of the books) that was about to come out. Perhaps they planned to head to Mexico but after long hours of talking in the car they realized they would rather 'end it' than live that way. Maybe they knew they would never be able to go without contacting their children and didn't want to make them complicit in their crimes.

Can't rule out that one of them believed until the very end that they were really were on an anniversary trip and this was a murder-suicide. Or as you suggested they were both murdered. There simply has to be a lot more going on here but I wonder if we will ever find out the whole truth.

All IMOO.

- Anon

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vasportsmom For This Useful Post:

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterywoman View Post
    Dr. Cargile was my housemate's doctor. Two weeks ago she had an appointment with Cargile to have a minor physical and bloodwork. The doctor was LATE coming into the office and was mentally "scattered", according to my housemate. She also looked nothing like the beautiful pictures you see of her at the website. Her skin was an odd color and she had to leave the exam room several times because of a cough. She appeared very distracted, which is NOT the demeanor of this doctor that all of her patients are familiar with. It was the first time that my housemate had an appointment with this doctor, and she was somewhat concerned for the doctor's well being.
    Could it be possible that the doctor was unknowingly being slowly poisoned? Could she have been under the assumption that she actually was going on an anniversary trip only to end up dead?....Just sayin..

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to babelphissh For This Useful Post:

I wonder what their tax situation was? Not only would they have paid personal income taxes, but payroll taxes, business taxes. Not having paid those for some time could put them into an enormous amount of debt and possible criminal action (and the criminal action could cause Dr. Cargile to lose her professional license). Could have been too much for them to face losing.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to michmi For This Useful Post:

Video tape from Holiday Inn security is a good point...Should shed light on her state of mind (slow poision theory) and kidnapping theory (door locked from inside and ZERO indication of struggle makes this theory hard yo accept).....

Penalties for Medicate fraud are massive! So are penalties for tax evasion....She/he could have easily been facing financial ruin PLUS 20+ years of prison...

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BlueRidgeMtns For This Useful Post:

Possible poisoning of the doctor might very well explain why she was looking bad and acting scattered. She might also have been poisoning herself with a deadly coctail of alcohol and drugs to deal with personal loss or devastation. One other thing to note: my housemate said Dr. Cargile apologized profusely for being late that morning for my friend's appointment. She explained that she had had a wedding reception at her home that weekend, and it was a lot of work because the couple asked at the 11th hour if they could also get married at her house. That information should be easy to verify. Was there a wedding that weekend, or were things coming to a head with the practice problems? Did her downward spiral begin that weekend? My intuition is telling me that she may have been in the dark about what was happening around her financially until that the weekend before she and her husband disappeared. And that once the truth began unfolding, it was too much to bear. I do believe her nature was exactly as her patients knew her to be. But she may have trusted someone close to her who did not have her back.

31. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mysterywoman For This Useful Post:

^^^^I also have my gut telling me if there was some financial issue out there she was unaware of it until just before they took off on their trip or possibly even was told during their trip.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to michmi For This Useful Post:

Does seem likely that she was not informed of new/devistating information until the trip what is underway. 1 fact that I cannot look past is how little she took from her home.
    if this was a planned escape wouldn't you take more clothes, jewelry, family pictures ??? Wouldn't there these something else in the house you would want to take.... some keep sake or memorabilia.... nothing according to law enforcement was rhe moved from the home.... therefore I can only deduce that she thought she was returning in 2 to 3 days....Right?

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlueRidgeMtns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidgeMtns View Post
    Does seem likely that she was not informed of new/devistating information until the trip what is underway. 1 fact that I cannot look past is how little she took from her home.
    if this was a planned escape wouldn't you take more clothes, jewelry, family pictures ??? Wouldn't there these something else in the house you would want to take.... some keep sake or memorabilia.... nothing according to law enforcement was rhe moved from the home.... therefore I can only deduce that she thought she was returning in 2 to 3 days....Right?
    Or not coming back at all?
    Just my opinion, of course.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

<<<Or not coming back at all>>>>

I see your point.... but why drive all the way to Galveston Texas to do a plan suicide?? Neither 1 of the couple had any connection to Galveston... surely this is anecdotal but it seems as if galveston was just a random stop on the route to somewhere.... reminds me of when OJ Simpson was driving his white Bronco.... I'm sure o J was contemplating suicide.... and according to records he was merely driving aimlessly.... no destination

If they left tuxedo with a plan to take their lives then why not do it sooner.... that's 24 hours of interstate driving.... what must that feel like to sit in a car for 24 hours knowing you are going somewhere to kill yourself??? Get my point???? Seems so odd.... if it was planned slash premeditated why not do with an hour from your house?? Or in your basement? Or at the Holiday Inn in Hendersonville? Or Greenville South Carolina?? Etc. Etc.... This to me is the single greatest piece of evidence proving it was NOT premeditated (not by both parties that is...)

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlueRidgeMtns For This Useful Post:

Having appointments on Monday and a new doctor hired to start on the 23rd, it doesn't sound like Dr. C. planned to leave and never return.

It does sound like someone had given some thought to the dogs care for an extra day.

If it was a double suicide maybe they were trying to distance themselves from their home and hometown so their children wouldn't have bad memories there.

Sad situation for the children. Prayers to them.
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain

41. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MagnoliaMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMom View Post
    Having appointments on Monday and a new doctor hired to start on the 23rd, it doesn't sound like Dr. C. planned to leave and never return.

It does sound like someone had given some thought to the dogs care for an extra day.

If it was a double suicide maybe they were trying to distance themselves from their home and hometown so their children wouldn't have bad memories there.

Sad situation for the children. Prayers to them.

Mobile Alabama was really far away from their home.... The check in to Hilton at 820 p.m. in mobile... They had all night I believe it was a Saturday to do the suicide... Forgive me if I'm missing something here But does anyone else think that going to Texas to kill yourself would be less of a burden on your children been doing it in Alabama???

Please note I say this in all respect to the deceased and those members of this board who are posting excellent thoughts

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlueRidgeMtns For This Useful Post:

Sorry - only 1/2 was through my 2nd cup of coffee so I'm still a little foggy. Weren't pharmaceutical samples found in the hotel room? If you're going to commit suicide with samples it would take some premeditation. You would think that a physician might grab a couple of bottles of insulin or stockpile some barbiturates, a few digoxin, whatever. She would have had access to all kinds of stuff. Bringing samples seems odd.

I wonder if LE will ever release toxicology or more info about the medications involved in their deaths? Looks like the autopsies were completed over the weekend. My heart goes out to the family, friends, clinic employees, and patients. What a shock this must be.

45. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to annemc2 For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    update:

Update: August 27, 2012

The autopsy’s of Dr. Leslie Cargile and her husband William Allen Cargile Jr. was done over the weekend.

The Galveston County (Tx.) Medical Examiner’s Office says they are waiting on toxicology results before releasing a cause of death.
    http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/aug/2...ou-ar-4399995/
    This bee my opinion

47. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

One more possible bit of information. Ours is a small community and lots of people know each other. My housemate was talking to one of the people she works with at Ingles this morning and she mentioned something about Dr. Cargile and Allen being married over 30 years because one of their sons is 31...and the man she was talking to said Allen Cargile is not the father of those children. I'm passing this along, but have no way to verify it at this moment.

49. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mysterywoman For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast