Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    I guess it could be a murder-suicide. One OD the other and then took their own life. Just bazaar, but I'm sure there is quite a backstory to be told. Just devastating for their children. My prayers are with them and both of their families.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Sounds like she may have had a breakdown of sorts maybe?
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rachaellouise For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by georgiasblu View Post
    Do you mean WC? I can't find that anywhere, I must be missing something?
    Anyway, it's a shame for their children. I can't imagine
    “A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Money, sickness, drug abuse, fraud....could be all or a mixture

what a bizarre case....

RIP

My heart goes out to family and friends and patients
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scorekeeper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    http://www.citizen-times.com/article...xt%7CFrontpage

“Both of them worked here. He had a little office downstairs so he oversaw the business part of it so both of them were here every day,” he said.

Since the husband handled the business side of her practice I wonder if some fraud was committed?

It seems like the son may have known what his parents planned as he wasn't acting as the police would have expected. They emptied their bank accounts....wonder if they put the money somewhere for the kids....and something is going to happen legally with her business....medicare fraud?

This is all just crazy for such a well loved physician.....
    Having some recent experience with the federal grand jury system, I wonder if perhaps there may have been an ongoing investigation into some sort of medical fraud. The pressure of learning you are under investigation could be overwhelming and could lead to some irrational acts I would imagine. This is all pure speculation on my part, but could explain some of the strange behaviors leading up to this tragedy. We may never know if such an investigation was underway, as it is all to be secretive until an indictment is handed down. If the targets of the investigation commit suicide, I woukd imagine the investigation is closed unless there are other targets. Again, these are my own imaginings, with no confirmed info to back it up.
    One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.
    John F. Kennedy

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CocoChanel For This Useful Post:

I found this site while googling about the Cargile's and wanted to add to it. Dr. Cargile had been my doctor since I was in elementary school. She was my Mom's doctor for 27 years along with a lot of my family. In fact, I dont know anyone from the area who hasn't been to Dr. Cargile's office. There are so many rumors going around right now and I hate to see that some are being treated as truth...

First off, a lot of people are saying Dr. Cargile's husband was mean but there's more people saying how much the couple loved each other very much and they both just loved life.

There hasn't been a reliable source stating the bank accounts were emptied. The McDowell News published an article saying a couple from Old Fort had HEARD that the bank accounts were emptied. Law enforcement has said that a judge ordered the couples bank accounts be frozen. McDowell News also reported about a malpractice suit that happened years ago but the settelment payment was made in 2010 so that's irrelevant.

It's been said the couple went out of town for the weekend to celebrate their wedding anniversary so they didn't just leave and not tell anyone.

When going to this office, it felt like a huge family. There was never a time where you felt uncomfortable (even during physicals). She was so warm spirited and kind. Everyone who worked there were all just genuinely sweet. A lot of people from the community have taken flowers, cards, crosses, and candles and set them outside of the practice. We've lit a candle the past two nights and will light another tonight. Regardless of what happened or what's reported, she was a wonderful woman and a lot of people adored her.

Where sweet tea and gracious people abound
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMountainer View Post
    I found this site while googling about the Cargile's and wanted to add to it. Dr. Cargile had been my doctor since I was in elementary school. She was my Mom's doctor for 27 years along with a lot of my family. In fact, I dont know anyone from the area who hasn't been to Dr. Cargile's office. There are so many rumors going around right now and I hate to see that some are being treated as truth...

First off, a lot of people are saying Dr. Cargile's husband was mean but there's more people saying how much the couple loved each other very much and they both just loved life.

There hasn't been a reliable source stating the bank accounts were emptied. The McDowell News published an article saying a couple from Old Fort had HEARD that the bank accounts were emptied. Law enforcement has said that a judge ordered the couples bank accounts be frozen. McDowell News also reported about a malpractice suit that happened years ago but the settelment payment was made in 2010 so that's irrelevant.

It's been said the couple went out of town for the weekend to celebrate their wedding anniversary so they didn't just leave and not tell anyone.

When going to this office, it felt like a huge family. There was never a time where you felt uncomfortable (even during physicals). She was so warm spirited and kind. Everyone who worked there were all just genuinely sweet. A lot of people from the community have taken flowers, cards, crosses, and candles and set them outside of the practice. We've lit a candle the past two nights and will light another tonight. Regardless of what happened or what's reported, she was a wonderful woman and a lot of people adored her.
    I'm sorry for the loss to your community. Thanks for posting and welcome to WS!
    “I wanted to tell the book thief many things, about beauty and brutality. But what could I tell her about those things that she didn't already know? I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race-that rarely do I ever simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant.”
    ― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeggyAnnMcKay For This Useful Post:

well from all angles they seem like they were kind, warm hearted people. We can only speculate as to what drove them to end their lives but RIP all the same.
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rachaellouise For This Useful Post:

Wonder why they went to TX to end things? Very sad!!!!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by georgiasblu View Post
    At the bottom of the page in that link, in the comments, someone corrects the writer of the article ~ says that he was a builder, not a retired M.D.
    And then Jennifer Saylor, the writer, says she has corrected it. There is nothing now that says what his profession is. He was a builder/developer but also managed her practice per following links.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MNlady For This Useful Post:

Cargile Route Mapped

Has anyone else looked at the route they drove on a map. First, they must havi neen druving like bats outta hell. Look at the time they left Tucedo and time they checked into the Hilton on Mobile....Basically all they did all was drive...So if this eas a planned (premeditated ) suicide what must yhose firstof 9 hours in the car have been like?? Why not do it that night at the Hilton in Mobile?? Then the next morning they drive(sgain like bbats) all the way to TX...1) Why not fly to TX? What was in the car that they didnt want to take on a plane? Looking back at the map we see that Mobile & the route beyond are a straight line from Tuxedo to Mexico....They left a note for the dog sitter?? For the healthcare professionals out there--Whats in a primary care sample closet that you eould want to overdose on?? They dont sample narcotics...I would think s DrKovorkian cocktail would ne an MDs 1st choice....NOT ehats in the sample closet
    Overdose on Wellbutrin? Flomax? Topomax? ...Dosent seem very efficacious..

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BlueRidgeMtns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Having some recent experience with the federal grand jury system, I wonder if perhaps there may have been an ongoing investigation into some sort of medical fraud. The pressure of learning you are under investigation could be overwhelming and could lead to some irrational acts I would imagine. This is all pure speculation on my part, but could explain some of the strange behaviors leading up to this tragedy. We may never know if such an investigation was underway, as it is all to be secretive until an indictment is handed down. If the targets of the investigation commit suicide, I woukd imagine the investigation is closed unless there are other targets. Again, these are my own imaginings, with no confirmed info to back it up.
    I can't imagine that the investigation would just be closed. A local doctor in my area was charged with Medicaid & Medicare fraud a few years ago. The doctor shared a building with the doctor I worked for, in fact we rented our space from him. He passed away right before the trial started (natural causes). The government not only went after and collected from his estate but the divorce settlement his wife had received more than a year before he was even charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Anon

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vasportsmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidgeMtns View Post
    Has anyone else looked at the route they drove on a map. First, they must havi neen druving like bats outta hell. Look at the time they left Tucedo and time they checked into the Hilton on Mobile....Basically all they did all was drive...So if this eas a planned (premeditated ) suicide what must yhose firstof 9 hours in the car have been like?? Why not do it that night at the Hilton in Mobile?? Then the next morning they drive(sgain like bbats) all the way to TX...1) Why not fly to TX? What was in the car that they didnt want to take on a plane? Looking back at the map we see that Mobile & the route beyond are a straight line from Tuxedo to Mexico....They left a note for the dog sitter?? For the healthcare professionals out there--Whats in a primary care sample closet that you eould want to overdose on?? They dont sample narcotics...I would think s DrKovorkian cocktail would ne an MDs 1st choice....NOT ehats in the sample closet
    Overdose on Wellbutrin? Flomax? Topomax? ...Dosent seem very efficacious..
    Having worked for a doctor for 7 years I can tell you that we DID (not yelling, just can't bold) narcotics. We had the little 6 packs of them just as the ER does. We also had sleeping pills, nerve medicines and so many other things you could make a deadly cocktail from.

ETA: Above I mentioned the doctor that we shared an office with being charged with Medicare/caid fraud. When his home was raided they discovered SIXTY boxes of pain killers in his attic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Anon

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vasportsmom For This Useful Post:

Where sweet tea and gracious people abound
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieR View Post
    Wonder why they went to TX to end things? Very sad!!!!
    I agree - that leaves me scratching my head too. What reason would they have to spend all that time driving?

I wonder if we'll ever know the whole story...I have so many questions!
    “I wanted to tell the book thief many things, about beauty and brutality. But what could I tell her about those things that she didn't already know? I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race-that rarely do I ever simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant.”
    ― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeggyAnnMcKay For This Useful Post:

I find it hard to believe they willingly committed suicide. Especially at a Holiday Inn on a road to Galveston TX. Just look at the first part of the trip - they left home in a Mercedes 500SL; they stayed at the Hilton in Mobile. I am wondering if they were kidnapped in Mobile, because the rest is just bizarre.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Money Girl For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast