GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bring over some of the last few posts so everyone can get their bearing.

atthelake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPants
I wasn't impressed with either of the two male witnesses who gave incredibly detailed descriptions of the shooter and the van; both stated they knew he looked suspicious and out of place, both made a mental note of it and DROVE OFF to their business...neither of them stopped, went into the day care and reported this to the staff. In these dangerous times, you'd think they would have done something - even if to call and alert the staff, for the safety of THEIR OWN children as well as others.

Dunwoody must have a large population of males who haul their kids all over. Where were all of the mom's? Just curious....
Which thing would make you call police or report if you had no identity of who to report? Neither knew who to report if they did such.

Not sure which part I would have cause to go in or call police at the time. I respectfully disagree that driving fast would cause me to call police or go into the school, perhaps others would.

Person driving fast in Atlanta ? For those that do not live here, it is common to drive very fast and be in a rush.

As to a man in a beard that looked fake, that would not cause me to call the police or report to the school either,

What would you have reported and to whom?
_________

Tipstaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama-cita
I think her parents are delusional. Dad was on the stand telling everyone she was "perfect" which of course is a big lie since no one is perfect. I think they will deny her guilt outwardly and vehemently and we have already seen they are willing to obstruct justice for her. My guess she is the "princess" of the family and they will put up with her snippy arrogant ways.
My thoughts regarding this are they may be delusional about Andrea - but maybe they want the kids living with them so that when/if Andrea is convicted they can go for custody.

As part of the custody hearing they would say 'don't disrupt the children' they have lived with us, are happy with us and use this to fight Rusty's parent's petition for custody.

atthelake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPants
Apparently there are e-mails in the thousands (one report said 1,400 I think), but when I heard them, there was nothing definite that proved an affair. AS was very cryptic in hers, very vague. The only one I remember that gave a clue was when she apologized about her "betrayal". Then there's Hemy's reminding her of their cozy morning-after but again nothing said that definitely relates to intimacies of a sexual nature.

IMO she was careful not to leave an electronic, phone or paper trail of anything that could be construed as a romance. She wanted her double life. She wanted the attention but she did not want to be tied down with HN. And she didn't want to get caught.

The details HN provided were, I think, in the interview with LE that was shown to the jury at the trial. (I read ahead to the verdict and apparently this was very powerful). Nothing was said by him that implicated her in planning the murder, as far as I know.

I agree with all you've said about the circumstantial evidence AND her actions following the shooting would indicate some knowledge...but how much foreknowledge and how long before it happened? All I've learned thus far (unless I missed something) is that during their relationship she complained Rusty was not being a good father (HN's apparent motive for "saving" the kids), she was unhappy in the marriage, they had problems...and IRC a friend testifying that part of AS' complaints had to do with problems with RS dropping the children off at their activities. Just from hearing this information, HN could have learned his routine from that.

But it seems clear that at some point she made it clear that she was not going to leave Rusty. How do we go from that to her deciding to help kill Rusty? All of this together is circumstantial evidence which may help in a conspiracy charge, but how do they charge her with murder? All I can guess is they have more evidence we have not heard. It should be interesting.

Thanks for the discussion.
What she said, "ditto". The only piece of a potential conspiracy I potentially see is that the co-worker from GE got a voicemail or text that she was LEAVING GE (does anyone have documentation noted of time of call as he did not state that when on stand for Hemy trial IIRC) added to the testimony of Shawna and Rustys dad ...in that she knew he was shot before anyone told her. Yeah, I know the meeting at the house and in dyas before the other lurking by Hemy, but not yet enough on that in court as to make me convict on anything else other than she lied on the stand about the affair. Try to keep an open mind (knowing that on thread opinions may be differemt if I was a juror!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipstaff
My thoughts regarding this are they may be delusional about Andrea - but maybe they want the kids living with them so that when/if Andrea is convicted they can go for custody.

As part of the custody hearing they would say 'don't disrupt the children' they have lived with us, are happy with us and use this to fight Rusty's parent's petition for custody.
Yes, so very tragic this is between the grandparents. The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported that Judge Lane postponed Andreas deposition on this for visitation for them for between 9/3 and 10/30, and SpeakerDave, who is a new poster here and is a lawyer, noted elsewhere that his thought were Andrea would plead the 5th if not stayed.

ChickenPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by atthelake
1) When I travelled corporate at director level, wine with dinner was very acceptable. The way it was "learned" was that the person who reported to the other person would always expense the check so that the director would sign off on. Those in hourly positions who process would never think to question. It was the culture of the organization in a large company IMHO.

2) You stated that he was spending a ,ot on AS, but other than trips, I have heard nothing about that in the court or media. All I recall about purchases that were personal were presents for the kids which in clurt was stated that she paid for. The flowers and candy he tried to do...nver saw happen. I guess the only one that does indeed stand out to him spending his own money for now that I reflect more is the airplane ticket to Colorado. He even did not pay for taxi to get to the hotel there. And upon return, he rode with Andrea to her house and then she took him home in her car. I live in Atlanta and taking aimo is just as much cost as a taxi, and is common here as comapnies in the south do not expect or force you to take subway like perhaps up orth. Even if she had parked at the airport, the cost of five to seven days would equal limo about to airport from the Dunwoody area, so that does not stand ot to me.
I understand what you are saying about corporate spending. However, these 2 did an extraordinary amount of traveling and spending TOGETHER. I still have yet to hear any information related to the validity of so many business trips. There were other quality managers like AS who traveled out of town but I heard nothing to inform that their managers constantly went with them.
All I am saying is if I was working in the expenses department, this might raise a red flag with me.

We know that he charged things to G.E. and we know that he was personally in financial trouble but we have no way of knowing how much, if any of his personal money was spent in total. His ex-wife (as I mentioned earlier) said that SHE was supposed to accompany him to London, but he nixed that. I read several interviews with her, and she said he was a big cheapskate at home and it was she who stated in comparison he was lavish with his mistress. She also stated that in 22 years of marriage she had never known him to be insane or behave as if he was. That he pretty much makes up his mind he wants something and that is all that matters.

Today, 10:58 AM
Tipstaff

Quote:
Yes, so very tragic this is between the grandparents. The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported that Judge Lane postponed Andreas deposition on this for visitation for them for between 9/3 and 10/30, and SpeakerDave, who is a new poster here and is a lawyer, noted elsewhere that his thought were Andrea would plead the 5th if not stayed.
Don't know if you watched the Brad Cooper deposition in his child custody case against his wife's family - it is part of what helped convict him of the murder of his wife, Nancy Cooper. Brad did not take the stand in his trial but the depo was played.

If you haven't watched it - it is well worth watching and may be in the archives of WRALtv.com. Can't believe his lawyer's permitted him to answer the masterful questioning of opposing council.

Today, 11:00 AM

ChickenPants

Quote:
Which thing would make you call police or report if you had no identity of who to report? Neither knew who to report if they did such.

Not sure which part I would have cause to go in or call police at the time. I respectfully disagree that driving fast would cause me to call police or go into the school, perhaps others would.

Person driving fast in Atlanta ? For those that do not live here, it is common to drive very fast and be in a rush.

As to a man in a beard that looked fake, that would not cause me to call the police or report to the school either,

What would you have reported and to whom?
The first witness stated that the driver's appearance was bizarre but what also stood out was he had the vehicle in a place where he wasn't supposed to be...I don't recall exactly what. IMO how many reasons are there for men to be driving around day care centers wearing huge fake beards - that would be a reason for me to look closely, and HN obviously was strange enough to cause at least 2 people to sit up and take notice..

The second witness described him as speeding off quickly and while I understand that is not abnormal in cities, it is inappropriate in a day care center parking lot. Which is why schools have strict speed limits on campus. I'd be thinking why is this crazy looking man driving so recklessly? But the second witness took careful note of all of the specific details....and then went on to his office.

I would have pulled over, taken out my cell phone and called the Day Care Center to alert them that there had been a wacky looking man in a fake beard hanging around their parking lot and driving recklessly. At least then they could be on the lookout. Especially in relation to so many child abductions, etc. Or I would have parked my car and gotten out and gone in and told them about it. IMO if seems strange or bizarre and there are little children involved, I report anything. There was no crime comitted so I doubt I'd have called 9-11, but the guy looked hinky enough I definitely would have taken down the tag number on the vehicle. That's just me.

Today, 11:02 AM

ChickenPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipstaff

IMO that makes good sense. From what I have read, there has been a custody battle going on between the grandparents....Rusty's parents said AS limited their visitation and wouldn't allow them to take the kids out for ice cream. They and Steve, his brother, don't want the kids with her and her parents because they feel there was a cover-up when the murder was being investigated.

The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:
Tipstaff
Today, 11:05 AM

ChickenPants

Quote:
What she said, "ditto". The only piece of a potential conspiracy I potentially see is that the co-worker from GE got a voicemail or text that she was LEAVING GE (does anyone have documentation noted of time of call as he did not state that when on stand for Hemy trial IIRC) added to the testimony of Shawna and Rustys dad ...in that she knew he was shot before anyone told her. Yeah, I know the meeting at the house and in dyas before the other lurking by Hemy, but not yet enough on that in court as to make me convict on anything else other than she lied on the stand about the affair. Try to keep an open mind (knowing that on thread opinions may be differemt if I was a juror!)
Wow, I totally missed that. I thought she meant she was leaving the office (for the day), I didn't realize she said she was "leaving G.E." With everything you've mentioned I can't think of any other evidence that points toward her specifically conspiring to murder RS. For them to bring down an indictment for murder, they must have something they feel is strong enough to get a conviction. I hope it's good.

I understand what you are saying about corporate spending. However, these 2 did an extraordinary amount of traveling and spending TOGETHER. I still have yet to hear any information related to the validity of so many business trips. There were other quality managers like AS who traveled out of town but I heard nothing to inform that their managers constantly went with them.
All I am saying is if I was working in the expenses department, this might raise a red flag with me.

We know that he charged things to G.E. and we know that he was personally in financial trouble but we have no way of knowing how much, if any of his personal money was spent in total. His ex-wife (as I mentioned earlier) said that SHE was supposed to accompany him to London, but he nixed that. I read several interviews with her, and she said he was a big cheapskate at home and it was she who stated in comparison he was lavish with his mistress. She also stated that in 22 years of marriage she had never known him to be insane or behave as if he was. That he pretty much makes up his mind he wants something and that is all that matters.

Hey ChickenPants, it's probably 8 months or so until we go to trial, so enjoy being on the front end of discussions on this one as we actually have something to go on in Georgia (vs Florida Sunshine with my last one!).

I really like no snark "yet" on this thread! :fence: and that we can begin to take the 8 months to put it all together.........and do it together!

Anywhoo.....lots of folks ABUSE travel IMHO. Saw it soooooo much at large company. e.g. Directors going to site visits when their subordinates were the travel scouts for a meeting in Hawaii comes to mind - boss and subordinate taking their spouses too. No one said a word. And yep, we had similar subordinate/boss travelling to Europe for a project in my company that the ENTIRE company I think knew was only for their affair...they BOTH WERE MARRIED. No-one said a word. A few years later, they both divorced, the boss man was "laid off/downsized", and now they are married. Done all the time, and yes, folks turn a blind eye to it that they work with often IMHO. I am really sure, (ok..... token IMHO!!) that GE legal has their panties in a wad due to potential lawsuits on this one, and that is why so many questions (to be addressed in another posting) were only given directions by prosecutors to only nail Hemy with what they brought to court. They gave GE slack as they knew the bind GE must have been in on this one. Again, :moo: :moo:

Peers of Andrea, who would they have told/gone to. Well, I wouldn't have "tattled" or brought up to Hemy's boss. So not necessarily a pass, but understandable. Going to HR or a VP about a peers "favoritism" by your common boss.......not done IMHO in corporate.

As to red flags being raised in Accounts Payable, well, in my experience, they are hourly folks and hourly folks do NOT QUESTION in a large company expenses that are signed off from executive management. (see my previous post of the way to ensure no questions by AP is to have the subordinate to pick up tab, and the boss signs off on.......who is AP gonna go to to question it!?) So I discount that. Not that that matters for this case at this time, not like they can testify of a person abusing expenses as then defense could REALLY dig up dirt on GE to show how many do it and get away with it?.....just a conversation as to what has happened?

And like your comment as to Hemy's wife saying that he was a cheapskate just as an aside outside of trial stuff to talk about......was interesting on the stand that Andrea had also said that she was "frugal" and made PBJ's to cut expenses.

Anyway, appreciate the back/forth of opinion and experiences of everyone here as again, we have 8 months to bounce ideas and opinions and experiences.

:seeya:

Wow, I totally missed that. I thought she meant she was leaving the office (for the day), I didn't realize she said she was "leaving G.E." With everything you've mentioned I can't think of any other evidence that points toward her specifically conspiring to murder RS. For them to bring down an indictment for murder, they must have something they feel is strong enough to get a conviction. I hope it's good. .

Sorry I wasn't clear ChickenPants, I was trying to point out that she stated in the voicemail or text to a co-worker that Hemy was shot and she knew that as she was LEAVING GE property that day.........not after she had been at the daycare, nor when she learned later that he was shot. Supposedly, no one had told her that he had been shot when she left her office after the call from the daycare center and was driving off GE property. I'm not sure why we only hear in the media about Shawyna and Rusty dad saying that, perhaps it didn't come out in Hemy's trial the exact time of that call.........but it sure did appear on the stand when the coworker testified that it was when he was in a ~9 am meeting that he got it. Guess this is one to note to follow up for later in our sleuthing? Unless someone else knows the answer.

Sorry I wasn't more clear!

Hey ChickenPants, it's probably 8 months or so until we go to trial, so enjoy being on the front end of discussions on this one as we actually have something to go on in Georgia (vs Florida Sunshine with my last one!).

I really like no snark "yet" on this thread! :fence: and that we can begin to take the 8 months to put it all together.........and do it together!

Anywhoo.....lots of folks ABUSE travel IMHO. Saw it soooooo much at large company. e.g. Directors going to site visits when their subordinates were the travel scouts for a meeting in Hawaii comes to mind - boss and subordinate taking their spouses too. No one said a word. And yep, we had similar subordinate/boss travelling to Europe for a project in my company that the ENTIRE company I think knew was only for their affair...they BOTH WERE MARRIED. No-one said a word. A few years later, they both divorced, the boss man was "laid off/downsized", and now they are married. Done all the time, and yes, folks turn a blind eye to it that they work with often IMHO. I am really sure, (ok..... token IMHO!!) that GE legal has their panties in a wad due to potential lawsuits on this one, and that is why so many questions (to be addressed in another posting) were only given directions by prosecutors to only nail Hemy with what they brought to court. They gave GE slack as they knew the bind GE must have been in on this one. Again, :moo: :moo:

Peers of Andrea, who would they have told/gone to. Well, I wouldn't have "tattled" or brought up to Hemy's boss. So not necessarily a pass, but understandable. Going to HR or a VP about a peers "favoritism" by your common boss.......not done IMHO in corporate.

As to red flags being raised in Accounts Payable, well, in my experience, they are hourly folks and hourly folks do NOT QUESTION in a large company expenses that are signed off from executive management. (see my previous post of the way to ensure no questions by AP is to have the subordinate to pick up tab, and the boss signs off on.......who is AP gonna go to to question it!?) So I discount that. Not that that matters for this case at this time, not like they can testify of a person abusing expenses as then defense could REALLY dig up dirt on GE to show how many do it and get away with it?.....just a conversation as to what has happened?

And like your comment as to Hemy's wife saying that he was a cheapskate just as an aside outside of trial stuff to talk about......was interesting on the stand that Andrea had also said that she was "frugal" and made PBJ's to cut expenses.

Anyway, appreciate the back/forth of opinion and experiences of everyone here as again, we have 8 months to bounce ideas and opinions and experiences.

:seeya:

That all makes perfect sense. I was in management, too (in healthcare) and our corporation was very, very strict about spending....directors had to submit budget proposals which were signed off on and you'd better account for every single penny spent. Upper management took trips and etc., but under the eye of corporate. It's probably different because healthcare is under the umbrella of the state and the feds and must be strictly accountable. Where I worked the administrator had affair with the D.O.N. and nobody said a word BUT if they had done it on the corporate payroll, or pushed it too far, I think it would have been a different story.

BBM: that statement put things back into perspective for me, that validates what I had thought. Thanks for the good discussion(s).

It occurs to me that now AS has been indicted, they get to start all over again. Perhaps they aren't done with those G.E. folks just yet.

I would be very interested in anyone's theories of AS' complicity in the plans to murder RS. Before it happened, what do you think was her involvement in planning it? I am trying to figure this out based on the following:

1. She was very vague and cryptic in her e-mails back and forth with HN.

2. Those e-mails indicate (to me) that after they had been intimate, she had a change of heart (or should I say plan) and was pulling away.

3. Testimony to the effect that she never intended to leave her husband.

4. We have learned that she knew he had been shot before she was told by day care center or by the hospital. My conclusion is that (1) she knew in advance he was going to do it; (2) suspected he might, but didn't really believe he would do it; (3) HN called her right after he did it, before she'd heard from the day care center. Then she made plans to get her computer to delete any information which could tie her to HN or the crime. Did she make this decision herself, or had they planned it that way?

5. Do you think they had discussions about RS insurance policies or was the shooting because HN wanted her all to himself? Or both? Is it possible he talked hypothetically about what life would be like if Rusty wasn't around and she just ignored that and let him do what he wanted to do, or was she actually in on it?

Also, I do understand prosecutors indicting her for conspiracy, but I'm not sure I get how they can try her on murder. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I would be very interested in anyone's theories of AS' complicity in the plans to murder RS. Before it happened, what do you think was her involvement in planning it? I am trying to figure this out based on the following:

1. She was very vague and cryptic in her e-mails back and forth with HN.

2. Those e-mails indicate (to me) that after they had been intimate, she had a change of heart (or should I say plan) and was pulling away.

3. Testimony to the effect that she never intended to leave her husband.

4. We have learned that she knew he had been shot before she was told by day care center or by the hospital. My conclusion is that (1) she knew in advance he was going to do it; (2) suspected he might, but didn't really believe he would do it; (3) HN called her right after he did it, before she'd heard from the day care center. Then she made plans to get her computer to delete any information which could tie her to HN or the crime. Did she make this decision herself, or had they planned it that way?

5. Do you think they had discussions about RS insurance policies or was the shooting because HN wanted her all to himself? Or both? Is it possible he talked hypothetically about what life would be like if Rusty wasn't around and she just ignored that and let him do what he wanted to do, or was she actually in on it?

Also, I do understand prosecutors indicting her for conspiracy, but I'm not sure I get how they can try her on murder. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I think the most damning thing is her KNOWING that Rusty was shot before she was supposed to have actually known. Then locking into testimony saying she knew NOTHING until she arrived at the hospital yet Shayna and Mr. Sneiderman said she told them before getting to the hospital. This to me shows she was complicit. If she suspected Hemy was a crazy stalker and may have had a hand in it and didn't want her husband dead she would have pointed the finger at him immediately, IMO. Her animosity of him in her testimony doesn't jive with the fact that she pointed LE away from him initially.

That all makes perfect sense. I was in management, too (in healthcare) and our corporation was very, very strict about spending....directors had to submit budget proposals which were signed off on and you'd better account for every single penny spent. Upper management took trips and etc., but under the eye of corporate. It's probably different because healthcare is under the umbrella of the state and the feds and must be strictly accountable. Where I worked the administrator had affair with the D.O.N. and nobody said a word BUT if they had done it on the corporate payroll, or pushed it too far, I think it would have been a different story.

BBM: that statement put things back into perspective for me, that validates what I had thought. Thanks for the good discussion(s).

It occurs to me that now AS has been indicted, they get to start all over again. Perhaps they aren't done with those G.E. folks just yet.

I was in healthcare management too, for 15 years. I knew of 'affairs' and one resulting marriage but those occured in our branch offices, not in corporate. The corporate peeps were pretty tight as this started out as a small company that was later bought by a very large home healthcare company. When we were small, we all experienced growing pains together.

As far as I know, nobody ever mentioned to higher-ups the affairs going on in the branch offices. If it was mentioned, it never stopped the parties involved from continuing to 'see' each other.

Maybe its common in larger companies to don't ask don't tell. I dunno. JMO

abbie:moo:

Is there anyone here who does not thnk there has beem EVIDENCE SLAM DUNK of hanky panky or does ANYONE have reasonable doubt that they had "an affair! ? Would like to get opposimg opinions to consider with the EVIDENCE that has been presented in court.

I am just testing waters here as I have not heard any shout outs that she was not having an affair and then sharing why they think that. So looking to foundation perhaps for the bulk of the thread to agree and go to the next item. As the say...a stipulation.

Again, anyone on threads thinking they did not sleep together?

As always I am on nook so excuse typos with fat fingers!

Question to those who are here over the weekend. Is there amyone her who does not thnk there has beem EVIDEMCE SLAM DUNK of jamky panky or has reasomable doubt that hey had "an affair! ? Wouldike to get opposimg opinions to mome to consider witjthe EVIDEMCE tjat has beem presemted in coirt.

Lololol, I love your typos! :blowkiss: I am on an iPad and if not for autocorrect I'd probably have plenty!

Is there anyone here who does not thnk there has beem EVIDENCE SLAM DUNK of hanky panky or does ANYONE have reasonable doubt that they had "an affair! ? Would like to get opposimg opinions to consider with the EVIDENCE that has been presented in court.

I am just testing waters here as I have not heard any shout outs that she was not having an affair and then sharing why they think that. So looking to foundation perhaps for the bulk of the thread to agree and go to the next item. As the say...a stipulation.

LOL:floorlaugh::cautionDrunk: just kidding.

It WAS hilarious, though.

abbie :moo:

Lololol, I love your typos! :blowkiss: I am on an iPad and if not for autocorrect I'd probably have plenty!

Lol, I hate responding on Nook, but times that is all I have. Is there a spell check app on this dayum thing?

Without typos!

I do believe they had an affair, but am on the fence as to whether AS was involved in RS' death. It makes no sense to me that she could be that stupid (to her, $2M should NOT have been enough to kill RS). But, her telling at least 3-4 people RS was shot before she herself was notified is unsettling. I wonder if, in her trial, we will hear from another Dunwoody Prep employee or someone who contacted her right away with the information, that person who was not called to the stand in the first trial. It's the only thing that would make sense, but it seems farfetched.

I do believe they had an affair, but am on the fence as to whether AS was involved in RS' death. It makes no sense to me that she could be that stupid (to her, $2M should NOT have been enough to kill RS). But, her telling at least 3-4 people RS was shot before she herself was notified is unsettling. I wonder if, in her trial, we will hear from another Dunwoody Prep employee or someone who contacted her right away with the information, that person who was not called to the stand in the first trial. It's the only thing that would make sense, but it seems farfetched.

Consider this: IF her position that she would not leave her husband for Hemy was because she would not walk away from the house they owned, half or more of their mutual savings, a potentially large inheritance from Rusty's parents (don't know that, but possible), any investment income from Rusty's resources, future income from Rusty's developing business plan, and a very nice daily way of life, and furthermore would not leave Rusty because she didn't want her own income to be used to pay to support herself, then we can say her prime reason for not leaving Rusty was GREED.

So IF her primary reason for not leaving Rusty was greed (which I tend to believe because she certainly hasn't seemed to make decisions based on the best interests of her children!), then that $2mil could VERY well be a HUGE motivating factor for her. It would 'make up' for the losses and with control over the lump sum, she could likely do well investing this money and continuing to draw a nice salary. If they had mortgage insurance also, the house would be paid off.

Just based on what we have seen so far of her behaviors and attitudes, I tend to believe she was greedy, self-entitled, and saw an opportunity to walk away with a great house in the clear, a nice job with good salary and status as 'favored concubine' of the kingpin, and $2.9mil in the bank! Not a bad payoff for a 'professional dancer', eh?

Just based on what we have seen so far of her behaviors and attitudes, I tend to believe she was greedy, self-entitled, and saw an opportunity to walk away with a great house in the clear, a nice job with good salary and status as 'favored concubine' of the kingpin, and $2.9mil in the bank! Not a bad payoff for a 'professional dancer', eh?

Snipped by me but I agree with your entire post, 100%. I get a huge chuckle out of "professional dancer" Lolol! She really had diarrhea of the mouth on the stand!!

No question in my mind that they slept together - although I don't think that happened until further along and then she pulled back. Classic actions to keep the man dangling and adding to his frustrations and desperation.

It kind of reminds me of "Fatal Attraction". Started out as flirting and hanky-panky and for him it got out of control. The issue of the 2 million dollar insurance policy on RN is troublesome to me. I don't know if it was she or Hemy who was after it.

The fact that she immediately wanted her computer to delete any questionable activities with him, plus her vehement and arrogant denials on the stand, are flaming proofs that it really happened. She started that ball rolling and led him along and then let him take the fall. It's what happened in the middle of that which is the puzzle. At what point did this conspiracy emerge? What were her activities that supported it? To prove conspiracy you have to have concrete evidence of the planning and definite specific involvement by both parties.

Back to your question. There was an affair, and we may never know what happened in the "pillow talk" or as they were "watching the sun rising" or whatever. Who knows but maybe she told him where to buy the gun? I can't wait for the indictment to come out so we can look at it piece by piece.

Ricey, I still think it's possible that right after HN killed RS, he could have called her and told her he did it, before she heard from day care. Sorry I didn't pay stricter attention to the phone calls and what times they occurred. Does anybody remember? I know they mentioned one call that lasted 40 seconds or so, and then they said there were three or four back and forth on the day of the murder, unless I imagined that. But the crucial one would be the very first one.

The other possible thing would be he'd been talking previously to her about purchasing a gun without saying he was going to kill RS. So she hears there's been an accident and immediately she knows it was HN, and blurts out "he's been shot" without thinking.

Other than that, she knew what he was going to do, and when, and how. Prosecutors may (hopefully) have evidence of that because the last trial was about HN and this one is focusing on her. IIRC they focused him for his trial and then found additional evidence to link her to conspiracy, waited for his conviction before going after her.

Consider this: IF her position that she would not leave her husband for Hemy was because she would not walk away from the house they owned, half or more of their mutual savings, a potentially large inheritance from Rusty's parents (don't know that, but possible), any investment income from Rusty's resources, future income from Rusty's developing business plan, and a very nice daily way of life, and furthermore would not leave Rusty because she didn't want her own income to be used to pay to support herself, then we can say her prime reason for not leaving Rusty was GREED.

So IF her primary reason for not leaving Rusty was greed (which I tend to believe because she certainly hasn't seemed to make decisions based on the best interests of her children!), then that $2mil could VERY well be a HUGE motivating factor for her. It would 'make up' for the losses and with control over the lump sum, she could likely do well investing this money and continuing to draw a nice salary. If they had mortgage insurance also, the house would be paid off.

All great motives but leaves the question: When and how did she involve herself in the planning or conspiracy for HN to do the dirty deed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627