PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knox

Reaction score
Palmyra police are investigating the disappearance of a 21-year-old borough woman, who was last seen on Sunday.

Kortne Ciera Stouffer was last seen around 3:45 a.m. at her home, 810 W. Main St., according to a release from the Palmyra police department.

Police described her as white, 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing about 115 pounds, with blond hair worn in dreadlocks and green eyes.

She had a tattoo with the words "one love" on her right bicep, another one with stars on her left foot and a third one of flowers and a pistol on her left hip.

Police did not provide any further details about the case in the news release.

http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_21200862/police-search-missing-palmyra-woman?source=most_emailed

20120731_012655_Kortne%20Stouffer%20photo.jpg

Thread 1
Thread 2

Just to be sure I am interpreting all the articles correctly, it appears that the downstairs neighbor made both calls to police. Is this correct?

From WHP21 report:

- Next door neighbor told local restaurant that he did allow search dogs in his house and believes himself to be "crossed off the list"

- Kortne's boyfriend was arrested for drinking, thus violating his terms of probation

- It appeared from the report that Kortne's dad only very recently learned of the information we've been discussing today.

Why would the police not get a warrant to search the next door neighbor's home and also to search it with dogs? Don't understand this after Kortne had been in a confrontation with him!

Just to be sure I am interpreting all the articles correctly, it appears that the downstairs neighbor made both calls to police. Is this correct?

No, the first call to police was made by the downstairs neighbors. The second call to police (and the landlord) was made by the next door neighbor.

And yet Scott Stouffer said on JVM a few days ago that the downstairs neighbor called BOTH times. See, inconsistent statements. Sigh.

Her parents probably did not know much about what happened, when they first appeared on TV; this info was all just released today, they may have only found out a day or two ago themselves. It is pretty clear that LE is keeping a tight lid on details. I am surprised this much came out today, although it leaves even more questions.

No, the first call to police was made by the downstairs neighbors. The second call to police (and the landlord) was made by the next door neighbor.

O.K., thank you. That makes me even more suspicious of the next door neighbor. I still don't understand the layout of those apartments.

bringing this post forward from Annie1004

Why did it take Kortne's father almost four weeks to share what he knew/thought happened that night? I saw him both times on JVM and wanted to scream at him, "Please go into more detail!!" I called in prior to the second appearance but didn't get through.

Dribbling info out, as well as the reward money creeping higher, loses impact and wastes time. I wish a professional organization like TES or KlaasKids had been consulted on how to run this missing person case. I have worked with KlaasKids in the past and that group knows how to run searches, as well as keep the cases in the media.

I have to keep reminding myself that I was once 21 and how very invincible I thought I was! Yeah, youth is wasted on the young, IMO. I'm sure that was a contributing factor with Kortne and "friends." Sadly, bad choices usually have consequences.

i feel really bad for this family, and i really wonder if they had possibly been struggling with ks about all the changes i.e. friends, partying, fighting & boyfriend in jail and prolly dont want to put all that out in the public if they can avoid it. not necessarily because they are hiding anything but because they wish to preserve ks reputation and not make things any harder for her than they already are due to whatever difficulties she may have been experiencing...jmho...shes their daughter - besides loving her they have to be scared to death as this is prolly the worst case scenario that they have been fearing as most parents do when their child gets mixed up with a bad crowd.

most of these opinions are based on my teen and early 20's - i was just lucky to make it out of that phase... i pray that ks does to....

O.K., thank you. That makes me even more suspicious of the next door neighbor. I still don't understand the layout of those apartments.

I'm confused by the layout also...if somebody who has a handle on the layout of the apartments could post an overview, it would be appreciated!

The below is quoted from: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/kortne_stouffer_disappeared_am.html

"Scott Stouffer has received dozens of calls from people claiming to have information about his daughter.

One told of seeing her alive. In a cage.

The person described a spot along Swatara Creek. It was near where another person described seeing her walking along the road."

My question: I wonder if this is the information he may have received from two different psychics?

I would think this is a great place for an organized, large-scale search.

I'm confused by the layout also...if somebody who has a handle on the layout of the apartments could post an overview, it would be appreciated!

This is from an earlier post. I lived downstairs and upstairs from 1997-2001.

If you go in the side (main) entrance to the 2nd floor apartment, you go up a flight of stairs to a hallway. Turning left takes you to a large room, which was our living room when we lived there. Further to the left, along Main Street, is a room of similar size, which was our kids' playroom.

Turning right at the top of the stairs will lead you to the bathroom at the end of the hall. On the right side of the hallway, right next to the top of the stairs, is the entrance into the kitchen. The south side of the kitchen leads into a small room, which is where the sliding door is located. The entrance to the third floor, finished attic, is in the northwest corner of the kitchen.

The third floor has two fully finished rooms, separated by a doorway and a small storage space along the Main Street side.

You can enter the downstairs by either a front or back door. Entering the back door puts you in the kitchen with a decent sized room right next to it, which opens to a hallway on its east side. Turning right takes you to the bathroom and turning left leads to a bedroom on the left side but leads to a large living room along Main Street. Right next to the bedroom entrance is the basement door. The basement is divided into a couple spaces and is fully concreted but may now be fully finished.

The below is quoted from: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/kortne_stouffer_disappeared_am.html

"Scott Stouffer has received dozens of calls from people claiming to have information about his daughter.

One told of seeing her alive. In a cage.

The person described a spot along Swatara Creek. It was near where another person described seeing her walking along the road."

My question: I wonder if this is the information he may have received from two different psychics?

I would think this is a great place for an organized, large-scale search.

im pretty sure it is... poor guy, i think thats the last thing he needed to hear...

PalmyraDad, Exactly where did Kortne meet up with her downstairs neighbor and her next door neighbor, when she and her guest, CP, arrived home that night?

PalmyraDad, Exactly where did Kortne meet up with her downstairs neighbor and her next door neighbor, when she and her guest, CP, arrived home that night?

I'd say probably in the yard between the parking area and the porch, closer to the house than the parking area.

Were there any flights leaving Reigle Field Airport that night or the following day? Or, are records available for that airport?

PalmyraDad, If Kortne lived on the second and third floors, I guess I still don't understand where the next door neighbor lived. I understand the downstairs neighbor. Where is the entrance to the next door neighbor's unit?

Next door has a standard front and back door entrance. He owns his side and it is not divided into apartments.

Next door has a standard front and back door entrance. He owns his side and it is not divided into apartments.

Does Kortne's unit extend over the top of his? Or is her unit just over the top of l of the units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie