779 users online (99 members and 680 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1254
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    116

    IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

    http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/eva...9bb2963f4.html

    http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/e...-missing-girls

    These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers .



    Thread # 1 Thread # 2
    Thread # 3 Thread # 4
    Thread # 5 Thread # 6
    Thread # 7 Thread # 8
    Thread # 9 Thread#10
    Thread #11 Thread #12
    Thread #13 Thread #14
    Thread #15 Thread #16
    Thread #17


    Scanner Thread : remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread[/B]


    case map by poster hollye

    NCMEC posters:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Last edited by KateB; 04-06-2015 at 01:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,285

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Please remember the following when discussing the case:
    Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

    Things to know before you post:
    Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
    Treat other posters with respect.
    Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
    Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
    If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
    If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
    Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

    No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
    The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
    That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.
    bumping this up.. and this warning lands at random: several more posts that involved sleuthing the family have been removed just from today alone. From this point forth if you sleuth the family or post speculation about them you will be put on the timeout list. The rules are easy to follow. If you have any questions about them please pm a moderator. Again, this lands at random.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,285

    Arrow Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

    New Thread for the girls. Continue here after reviewing the rules. This includes speculation about witnesses.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,285
    You may continue here.

    I just had to spend the better part of an hour cleaning up the last thread and that is just not acceptable.

    Please post responsibly.

    :nurse:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,404
    Wow, things here sure have quieted down

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by callyn View Post
    Wow, things here sure have quieted down
    Everyone might have the fear of God in them right now and don't want to violate TOS. Or they know that anything they say will for sure violate TOS. Or like me, I wish I had something new to add, but I unfortunately do not.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,012
    If I've been reading things correctly, the lake isn't a place either of the girls frequented and I think a good starting point would be to figure out what might have drawn them to the lake area in the first place. Kids are curious creatures to begin with and it's their nature to want to explore, but if they didn't frequent this area, then there has to be something that drew them there that day; especially if they didn't have a lot of time on their hands to be out and about.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by MNDad View Post
    Everyone might have the fear of God in them right now and don't want to violate TOS. Or they know that anything they say will for sure violate TOS. Or like me, I wish I had something new to add, but I unfortunately do not.
    I do believe you have hit the nails on their heads
    me >>>

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,012
    One of the reasons I asked in the last thread if this was some sort of state park was that I know that in IA they have to have a pass to get into the area to begin with and that may have been one of the reasons the bikes were left at the gate. People with vehicles would be required to have a state sticker on their front windshield.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,654
    Looks like I missed some stuff with the thread being closed and all.

    I think the poster who suggested there may have been a class reunion that someone could have been in town for made a good point. Definitely something worth checking in to.

    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2



    Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    Looks like I missed some stuff with the thread being closed and all.

    I think the poster who suggested there may have been a class reunion that someone could have been in town for made a good point. Definitely something worth checking in to.

    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    That was me. Also in a lot of the small towns around here they have street dances which draw people from all over. Just another thought.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny View Post
    One of the reasons I asked in the last thread if this was some sort of state park was that I know that in IA they have to have a pass to get into the area to begin with and that may have been one of the reasons the bikes were left at the gate. People with vehicles would be required to have a state sticker on their front windshield.
    Good point, but this is just a city park at the edge of town that makes use of land around a cesspool of a lake. There is a private campground to the west called Deerwood, but I get the impression that it is not gated either.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,012
    Another thought that came to mind, has there been any carnivals traveling in the area? Sometimes they have some shady characters running the games and rides.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    41,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny View Post
    If I've been reading things correctly, the lake isn't a place either of the girls frequented and I think a good starting point would be to figure out what might have drawn them to the lake area in the first place. Kids are curious creatures to begin with and it's their nature to want to explore, but if they didn't frequent this area, then there has to be something that drew them there that day; especially if they didn't have a lot of time on their hands to be out and about.
    I keep going back to Aunt T's statement on NG. She said that the 3 sisters who lived across the street from Lizzie rode their bikes to the lake all of the time, and once Lizzie went along.

    I would like to know more about that. Why did the girls ride to that lake all of the time. The only reason I can think of is the skatepark nearby. MY DD always found excuses to ride around near our local skater park when she was that age. Imo, girls that age seek out other kids [ cough *boys* ] when they are out riding around. I am thinking more Lyric than Lizzie, but even 8 yr olds like to go where all of the other kids are usually.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I keep going back to Aunt T's statement on NG. She said that the 3 sisters who lived across the street from Lizzie rode their bikes to the lake all of the time, and once Lizzie went along.

    I would like to know more about that. Why did the girls ride to that lake all of the time. The only reason I can think of is the skatepark nearby. MY DD always found excuses to ride around near our local skater park when she was that age. Imo, girls that age seek out other kids [ cough *boys* ] when they are out riding around. I am thinking more Lyric than Lizzie, but even 8 yr olds like to go where all of the other kids are usually.
    Definitely a good thought there. I wonder what kind of kids or characters hung out around there? We've got a skate park here in Sioux Falls and I know my daughter use to want to go over there just to watch and hang out with friends.

Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1087
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 03:00 PM
  2. Replies: 1789
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 02:10 PM
  3. Replies: 1055
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 04:04 PM
  4. Replies: 1109
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 12:55 AM
  5. Replies: 1229
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 01:02 PM

Tags for this Thread