723 users online (115 members and 608 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MI-Man crashes into cars on I-75, then shoots himself

I wasn't really sure where to put this, there is now nobody to charge with a crime, but I don't like the fact that people are using their cars as weapons against innocent people.

No other info right now, I hope this isn't another case of when they go to tell his family they find them dead.

Frenchtown Township — Southwestern Michigan authorities say a man speeding south on Interstate 75 crashed into two other vehicles, then fatally shot himself in the head when witnesses went to check on him.
    From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz24htZBi4i

We travel I-75 often. I'm glad we weren't on the expressway at that time. (We were in church then.) There have been several incidents on I-75, some accidental and some intentional. Its scary. I don't know why a person like that can't just kill himself and leave other innocent people out of it. He must have been a very angry person.

Oh, and Monroe is in SOUTHEASTERN, MI, not in southwestern! Its down towards Toledo, Ohio. Its close to Lake Erie.

Yes, apparently the Detroit News has nobody proofing their work.

Some more details here, but still no indication of what possibly had prompted this, but I guess now we have to beware of trying to help someone in an accident, thank God he didn't kill anyone but himself:

Sgt. Troy Goodnough of the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office said the driver of the Ford was traveling at a high rate of speed south on I-75 when he collided with a Ford pick-up truck also traveling south.

Following the first collision, the driver of the Ford passenger car continued south and struck a Toyota passenger car.

When witnesses opened the door of the Ford car to check on the driver, the driver removed a handgun from the passenger’s seat and fired a single shot to his head killing him.

The driver and passenger of the Toyota were taken by Monroe Community Ambulance to Mercy Memorial Hospital in Monroe with minor injuries.
    http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/...ots-self-i-75/

I'm amazed I didn't hear about this until now. I-75 scares the crap out of me, it's one of my less favorite highways. Seems people are just losing their minds everywhere right now.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

This is bizarre, I wonder what set him off?