ISAAC - Information and Support for Gulf Coast Residents

I am sending a prayer out to all my WS Peeps, their families, and their friends (and pets, too, of course) that you are all comfortable, well-supplied, and safe from Isaac!

:praying:

I am saying most heartfelt prayers for anyone in the path of Isaac.

St. Charles Parish is under a mandatory evacuation effective immediately in anticipation of Tropical Storm Isaac

Before you leave, don't forget to throw out any perishables in your fridge. If you just can't bring yourself to pitch away those ribeyes and 20 lbs of peeled shrimp, tie them up inside a plastic trash bag. You won't come home to a mess in your refrigerator, but it will smell horrible. Once you've cleaned it thoroughly with a bleach/water solution, place charcoal briquets on cookie sheets inside the fridge and keep it shut for 24 hours to eliminate the odor. If the odor persists, replace with fresh briquets and repeat for another 24 hours.

*Discard all items from your refrigerator if you think the power was off for more than a couple of hours.

The jog could be just a jog, or a wobble but wobbles usually happen when an eye replacement takes place. I suppose Issac could be a little different and not going by the normal. It could be a move to a more northward direction, it could be the eye is forming better, as it strengthens therefore it is reforming the eye. It is something to really watch. By morning we should no more. It does look like it has strengthened and I think the 5 am report will show that.

Mandatory Evacuations for part of Santa Rosa and Escambia FL counties. pnj.com article

Jeff Masters from weather underground wrote on his blog several days ago about which models are most accurate, and cited this one: ECMWF model

Prayers for all.

This picture was taken from someone in Florida it is an amazing photo of a shelf cloud:

A1PMgNjCAAAb_CV.jpg:large

The jog could be just a jog, or a wobble but wobbles usually happen when an eye replacement takes place. I suppose Issac could be a little different and not going by the normal. It could be a move to a more northward direction, it could be the eye is forming better, as it strengthens therefore it is reforming the eye. It is something to really watch. By morning we should no more. It does look like it has strengthened and I think the 5 am report will show that.
The next several hours will tell a lot in terms of intensification as the storm moves over the warmer water. Hopefully, we'll have a more definite forecast by daybreak. As of now, my husband and I still have to report for work in the morning.

I'm fascinated by eyewall reformation, too. I don't think that's happening yet, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back