08-26-2012, 11:06 PM #1
AZ - Pima Co., Hisp/NtvFem UP10466, 17-22, along Old Sonoita Hwy, Nov'79
NamUs UP # 10466 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10466
Unidentified Hispanic or Native American Female
Found on November 02, 1979 One tenth mile onto Old Sonoita Hwy, 10 miles S/E of Tucson, near I-10, Pima County Arizona
* Age: 17-22 years
* Height: 5'6" (66 inches)
* Weight: 116 lbs
* Ethnicity: Decedent is likely of American Indian or Hispanic ancestry.
* Hair: Black, with reddish-brown dye applied 10 to 12 weeks prior to death.
* Scars: Left arm, neck, scalp, and thighs have scarring, some keloid (raised).
* Condition: Recognizable Face
* Postmortem Interval: Hours
Body dumped along side of road.
* Dental: Available - Tooth #9 has radio-opaque restorative material mesially and distally, although some of the restoration(s) may have fallen away.
* DNA mtDNA and nucDNA available at Bode Lab
* Fingerprints: Available
08-26-2012, 11:06 PM #2
This girl looks spot-on like Sophia Felicita Moreno
Also, The Jane Doe is described as having scarring on the thighs and "some keloid (raised)". Sophia is described as having a "burn scar on her left leg, and a birthmark on her upper right leg". (Not an exact match, but interesting nevertheless)
* Sophia would have been 17 at the time of the Jane Doe's death, so her age is within range
There are some discrepancies though:
* Sophia is three inches too short (5'3"), compared to UID (5'6")
* There is no mention of tattoos ("AH" on left hand, and cross on right hand)
* There is no mention that Sophia has other scars (on Left arm, neck, or scalp)
* There is a six month lag between disappearance and discovery.
* The Jane Doe was found 975 miles from where Sophia was last seen
Overall, I would say that there are too many discrepancies to explain away. But with the similar scars and the solid resemblance, I figured that it's worth starting a thread)
08-27-2012, 03:00 AM #3
Carlota Maria Sanchez
*Missing since August 30, 1979 from Taholah, King County, Washington
*Circumstances: ran away with her cousin, Elsie Luscier NamUs MP #7002, and hasn't been seen since.
*Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
*Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5-5'6"; 110-112 lbs.
*Distinguishing Characteristics: Native/Hispanic female. Brown, long, straight hair; brown eyes. Dark complexion.
*Marks, Scars: Half circle scar on palm of hand. Pierced ears.
*Dentals: Available. Two eye teeth removed because she had two sets.
*The biggest discrepancy is the age.
*Aside from the scar on the palm of Carlota's hand no other scar is mentioned
*Carlota had eye teeth removed and not mentioned on UID
*The distance from where Carlota ran away to the location of the UID is vast but I came across postings by an alleged relative of Carlota's who lived in the southern part of the U.S.
Note: DNA is available for the UID and Carlota
08-27-2012, 12:42 PM #4
08-27-2012, 07:00 PM #5Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2008
Carl, have you tried looking for a photo of Carlota's cousin Elsie? I know there aren't any available in the missing person online files, but I know you're really great at scouring yearbooks...
08-27-2012, 07:42 PM #6
08-27-2012, 07:44 PM #7
09-06-2012, 08:16 PM #8
11-25-2014, 04:10 AM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2014
is there any morgue photos available on this Jane Doe? The two facial reconstruction photos look so different.
11-25-2014, 12:16 PM #10
08-19-2016, 11:17 PM #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2014
By Fin in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 3Last Post: 07-11-2016, 01:18 AM
By Lady Stardust in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 7Last Post: 06-17-2016, 02:40 PM
By Old Broad in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 22Last Post: 05-30-2014, 03:43 PM
By anthrobones in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 5Last Post: 03-31-2014, 02:09 PM