AZ AZ - Pima Co., Hisp/NtvFem UP10466, 17-22, along Old Sonoita Hwy, Nov'79

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs UP # 10466 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10466

Unidentified Hispanic or Native American Female

Found on November 02, 1979 One tenth mile onto Old Sonoita Hwy, 10 miles S/E of Tucson, near I-10, Pima County Arizona

Vital Stats
* Height: 5'6" (66 inches)
* Weight: 116 lbs
* Ethnicity: Decedent is likely of American Indian or Hispanic ancestry.
* Hair: Black, with reddish-brown dye applied 10 to 12 weeks prior to death.
* Scars: Left arm, neck, scalp, and thighs have scarring, some keloid (raised).​

Clothing
Panties​

Body Condition
* Condition: Recognizable Face
* Postmortem Interval: Hours​

Circumstances
Body dumped along side of road.​

Identifiers
* Dental: Available - Tooth #9 has radio-opaque restorative material mesially and distally, although some of the restoration(s) may have fallen away.
* DNA mtDNA and nucDNA available at Bode Lab
* Fingerprints: Available​

This girl looks spot-on like Sophia Felicita Moreno
moreno_sophia2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/moreno_sophia.html

Also, The Jane Doe is described as having scarring on the thighs and "some keloid (raised)". Sophia is described as having a "burn scar on her left leg, and a birthmark on her upper right leg". (Not an exact match, but interesting nevertheless)

* Sophia would have been 17 at the time of the Jane Doe's death, so her age is within range

There are some discrepancies though:
* Sophia is three inches too short (5'3"), compared to UID (5'6")
* There is no mention of tattoos ("AH" on left hand, and cross on right hand)
* There is no mention that Sophia has other scars (on Left arm, neck, or scalp)
* There is a six month lag between disappearance and discovery.
* The Jane Doe was found 975 miles from where Sophia was last seen

Overall, I would say that there are too many discrepancies to explain away. But with the similar scars and the solid resemblance, I figured that it's worth starting a thread)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2641dfwa.html

Carlota Maria Sanchez
*Missing since August 30, 1979 from Taholah, King County, Washington
*Circumstances: ran away with her cousin, Elsie Luscier NamUs MP #7002, and hasn't been seen since.
*Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
*Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5-5'6"; 110-112 lbs.
*Distinguishing Characteristics: Native/Hispanic female. Brown, long, straight hair; brown eyes. Dark complexion.
*Marks, Scars: Half circle scar on palm of hand. Pierced ears.
*Dentals: Available. Two eye teeth removed because she had two sets.

NAT_7001_1.jpg

Discrepancies:
*The biggest discrepancy is the age.
*Aside from the scar on the palm of Carlota's hand no other scar is mentioned
*Carlota had eye teeth removed and not mentioned on UID
*The distance from where Carlota ran away to the location of the UID is vast but I came across postings by an alleged relative of Carlota's who lived in the southern part of the U.S.

Note: DNA is available for the UID and Carlota

Carl, have you tried looking for a photo of Carlota's cousin Elsie? I know there aren't any available in the missing person online files, but I know you're really great at scouring yearbooks...

It is noted in UID's the dental chart that she still had her eye teeth (6, 11, 22, and 27).

What I meant was that the UID's chart did not mention that she had a set of eye teeth removed but maybe after healing it isn't obvious. Carlota had two eye teeth removed because she had two sets which would indicate she still had a set. I doubt Carlota is the UID because of the age difference but her height, weight, race were close as was were her general features, particularly the eyes, so I thought I would post her information.

Carl, have you tried looking for a photo of Carlota's cousin Elsie? I know there aren't any available in the missing person online files, but I know you're really great at scouring yearbooks...

Yeah - Back when Elsie was suggested as a possible for Caledonia Jane Doe, I spent quite a bit of time and effort trying to find a photo of Elsie. I couldn't find anything

is there any morgue photos available on this Jane Doe? The two facial reconstruction photos look so different.

If this is the Elsie you guys are talking about, her picture is up now.
attachment.php
attachment.php

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7002/5
I think the nose is very different, and Elsie is much shorter than the UP. I don't think it's very likely she grew five inches in the three months she was missing.

attachment.php
attachment.php

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12861/2
I think this girl resembles the UP more closely, but her hair is already listed as red/auburn. If they were referring to the dyed color of her hair and not her natural color in her report, then you'd have to explain how she can afford to keep up with dying her hair so frequently after two and a half years as a runaway. Growing four inches in two and a half years is the most believable part, and of course the ME's measurement could have been inaccurate, or her family could have estimated her height slightly wrong when giving the report. I really don't think the resemblance is that close to the recon, but I may submit her anyway.

Attachments

• Edited_imageBW.jpg
    Edited_imageBW.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 42
  • img_34556.jpg
    img_34556.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 43
  • img_31729.jpg
    img_31729.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 41
Sent in a match for Teresa Marie Byers a few weeks ago. The postmortem interval (last seen between late September and November) matchs up, and there are no discrepancies as far as I can see.

Could someone name the current exclusion list for this Jane Doe? I'm not from the US so I can't see the exclusions by NamUs.

Could someone name the current exclusion list for this Jane Doe? I'm not from the US so I can't see the exclusions by NamUs.

8 Exclusions listed. Post 1 of 2:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7002Elsie Luscier
Date of Last ContactAugust 30, 1979
StateWA
CountyGrays Harbor

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7001Carlota Sanchez
Date of Last ContactAugust 30, 1979
StateWA
CountyGrays Harbor

Case Photo