Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Guys - we are getting lots of conflicting information here and it is a bit difficult to follow. As it stands now, it appears that Jacob has been named a POI. However, I want to caution everyone that we should not jump the gun here. Jacob is open for sleuthing - his facebook is linked. He really seems like a decent kid, so while LE must have a reason for naming him a POI - let's not bash him or tear him up until we get some solid information, okay?

Thanks,

Salem
    Last edited by Salem; 08-28-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: fix typo

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    I guess the earlier post about Wheeler's body being located was a mistake.

Naturally, Wheeler is going to be a person of interest. Whether he did this or not remains to be seen. I don't know why I got the feeling that a third person may have attacked them both....
    It was from a news article. I am still wondering about a third person myself. The article said something like Jessica was found, Jacob was still missing and "the driver of the truck has not been located." Now - that really sounds like 3 people, but I'm thinking it was just an error. Hopefully things will settle down a bit and the media will begin to pull the facts together and start checking them before releasing them.

One can hope,

Salem

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

I'm gonna hold out on thinking Jacob is a bad guy...... I'm still worried he is in danger...
    Remember, I'm the naive one!!! BUT, somethings hinky for sure.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Simp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    After his tour in the Military I wonder if he suffers from PTSD?

I'm ashamed to say I really don't know much about it.

It's too early to consider that I guess since we really don't know what has happened here, but it did cross my mind.
    My friends husband, who is a wonderful, loving, fabulously funny man suffers from PTSD and is pretty crazy after returning from deployments. I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happened. I am sad for both parties if it is the case.

JMO
    -Beth In Alaska

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BethInAK For This Useful Post:

What's weird to me is that on fb, two weeks ago he was out with two other girls. If Jessi was his gf, who are these other two girls? He thanks them for taking him riding (horses). It seems like they were trail riding for a while, something about him being glad to get back to work. That was on August 13th.
    Jmo kseal07

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
    --Mark Twain

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kseal07 For This Useful Post:

Can someone link his fb? I haven't found it ?????
    TIA

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simp For This Useful Post:

The Pro Bass person is NOT the same Jacob Wheeler

This one is the Jacob they are looking for

http://www.facebook.com/jacob.wheeler.146
    Here it is
    Jmo kseal07

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
    --Mark Twain

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kseal07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Simp View Post
    Can someone link his fb? I haven't found it ?????
    TIA
    It is here:
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IL IL-Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17 (fnd deceased), White Co., 25 Aug 2012

The Pro Bass person is NOT the same Jacob Wheeler

This one is the Jacob they are looking for

http://www.facebook.com/jacob.wheeler.146
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 05:11 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

People around there must be nervous knowing their is a murderer on the loose and not really knowing for sure who it is.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to concernedmother For This Useful Post:

Search Continues for Boyfriend of Slain Teen
    August 28, 2012

snipped...Hale says it couldn't have been Jacob who put the truck there because he loved his truck and considered it one of his best friends. She believes a third person is involved and her nephew is also a victim.

Read more: http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=539922
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up.
    Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    Search Continues for Boyfriend of Slain Teen
    August 28, 2012

snipped...Hale says it couldn't have been Jacob who put the truck there because he loved his truck and considered it one of his best friends. She believes a third person is involved and her nephew is also a victim.

Read more: http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=539922
    EGADS! The reason she is sure it wasn't Jacob is because he loved his TRUCK too much to leave it there??? Oh my.....I have no words.
    Praying for Jessica's family and hoping Jacob is found safe and had nothing to do with any of this.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaborDayRN For This Useful Post:

I am wondering if anyone knows if Jacob had a gun, and if so, did he take it with him? Was there evidence that they had been fishing? I hope Jacob is found soon and this whole mystery solved. I hope he wasn't the one who killed the girl. I didn't see anything anywhere that made it seem like he was a bad guy. Was the girl pressuring him to divorce his wife?

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:

MOO. . .

Anything is possible here, but I just think that if Jacob did this he would have hid her (maybe in the river) and took his truck to flee. She was found in his truck that was down an embankment. . .that just doesn't seem right to me. Where would he be and how would he get away? I hate to say this. . .unless he committed suicide somewhere after. . .it just doesn't add up to me.

I hope they find him soon and we can get some answers.

My worst fear is that he was killed in order to get to her.

ETA- I guess I'll just say it, because I can't help but keep thinking it. . .not that it has any bearing here. . .but why is a 17yr old girl out camping with a 22yr old man?
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

25. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to hambirg For This Useful Post:

Ive wondered that too hambirg

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to concernedmother For This Useful Post:

Is the river by the embankment? could he have been trying to run the truck off in the river and it got stuck on the way?
    Seems if he did this he would have disposed of her and took off in his truck.
    Another theory is someone was trying to set him up for murder?
    I sure hope he is found soon.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to concernedmother For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast