722 users online (72 members and 650 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - 1-Month-Old Hospitalized With Fractures, Bite Marks

LOS ANGELES -- The parents of an infant treated at an urgent care center for multiple fractures and human bite marks remained jailed Tuesday on suspicion of felony child endangerment, authorities said.

The boy -- who was born one month ago -- is in critical condition at Children's Hospital in Mission Viejo. His parents -- Andrew David Fusco (pictured, left), 20, and Megan Michelle Martinez, 19 -- took him Monday to the urgent care center in Lake Forest, said Orange County sheriff's representative Jim Amormino.

The child suffered "multiple fractures, multiple human bite marks and was the victim of a severe beating," Amormino said.

The boy was transferred to Saddleback Hospital, then taken to CHOC, Amormino said.Fusco and Martinez were booked into the Orange County Jail on suspicion of felony child endangerment.

Fusco also is accused of assault with a deadly weapon in connection with his alleged use of his fist to inflict the injuries, Amormino said.Bond for each suspect was set at $100,000 each.

Amormino said authorities are investigating whether the child was sexually abused.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4047612/detail.html

How sickening and how painful.
    The poor little bub.

Just my worth. Some days/posts thats real value, on others, I might need to give back change! IMO

That is just sick...to beat, bite and possibly sexually abuse a 1-month-old????? Any child for that matter...but a 1-month-old??????? Lock them both up, throw away the key, and sterilize them, too, so they'll never have another child to hurt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    That is just sick...to beat, bite and possibly sexually abuse a 1-month-old????? Any child for that matter...but a 1-month-old??????? Lock them both up, throw away the key, and sterilize them, too, so they'll never have another child to hurt like this.
    I wish someone who propose a law that results in mandatory sterilization for parents who are convicted of child abuse or killing their children (Andrea Yates, as an example). When the abuse leads to serious injury or endangerment or death, the parents should never again have the opportunity to reproduce (whether or not they are in prison for life)!

I don't want to hear any bleeding-heart ACLU arguments about the parents' rights! Innocent children have rights too - and first and foremost is the right to not be injured or killed by their parents!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper
    I wish someone who propose a law that results in mandatory sterilization for parents who are convicted of child abuse or killing their children (Andrea Yates, as an example). When the abuse leads to serious injury or endangerment or death, the parents should never again have the opportunity to reproduce (whether or not they are in prison for life)!

I don't want to hear any bleeding-heart ACLU arguments about the parents' rights! Innocent children have rights too - and first and foremost is the right to not be injured or killed by their parents!!
    I agree 100% with you on this one...but not just the parents who abuse, I think anyone who abuses or kills a child should be sterilized and be banned from being around children at all.

update on this baby's case..
    http://www.latimes.com/news/yahoo/la...ck=2&cset=true

Utterly sickening. I can't even comprehend it. 4 weeks old, and the torture started near his birth.

"Fusco and Martinez now also face two counts of torture, four counts of child abuse, one count of sexual penetration with a foreign object and one count of aggravated mayhem. The last count, the prosecutor said, involves permanently disfiguring or disabling another person. She declined to elaborate."

He won't have to carry memories of the abuse with him, but apparently he will have permanent scars.

These were monsters. pure evil.

one more, gives this purpose:

"with the intent to cause cruel and extreme pain and suffering for the purpose of revenge, extortion, persuasion and for a sadistic purpose."

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=2771487

---

another older one - hadn't read this part before. They blamed the bites on the family CAT.
    http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/ktla-...ll=ktla-news-1

OH, this just makes me so sad. That poor little baby boy. so awful. Jail,jail, jail.

How this baby even survived an entire month with these monsters is a miracle in and of itself. I'm so angry I can hardly think. I think that they're both lucky that the guards who have to deal with these two every day were blessed with self-restraint. I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from showing the two of them what it feels like.

This poor little guy... Hopefully he recoveres and is sent to live with a family that wants and loves children !

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    How this baby even survived an entire month with these monsters is a miracle in and of itself. I'm so angry I can hardly think. I think that they're both lucky that the guards who have to deal with these two every day were blessed with self-restraint. I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from showing the two of them what it feels like.

My thoughts exactly, Jeana.

I'd be right there along side of you.

No smiles today ..

Rummy

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."

Rum Tum Tugger

I am just so happy that little boy is away from them now. Hope he is put in a good home with a loving family.

As for the monsters... death is too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rum Tum Tugger

My thoughts exactly, Jeana.

I'd be right there along side of you.

No smiles today ..

Rummy

There aren't enough tears for what this baby has had to endure. What could happen to a "human" that they could do something like this? Is this drugs? The cycle of abuse alone? I don't understand this.

This is absolutely the worst thing I have ever read. Jesus, a tiny little baby!!!!

What is wrong with those people? This is someone who can't cry for help, can't speak, can't walk just lies there helpless waiting for the next painful attack. And, there are some people who don't believe in the death penalty?
    I would actually do the injection myself given the opportunity.

No amount of past abuse in one's life justifies this action, assuming the two parents were abused, as I am sure that will be the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    There aren't enough tears for what this baby has had to endure. What could happen to a "human" that they could do something like this? Is this drugs? The cycle of abuse alone? I don't understand this.
    Same here. It is beyond my comprehension!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast