MT - Apparent Bigfoot hoaxer struck and killed on highway near Kalispell

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Pedestrian killed on U.S. 93 near Kalispell, apparently while staging Bigfoot hoax (Missoulian)
A 44-year-old man wearing a full-body camouflage suit was struck and killed on U.S. Highway 93 south of Kalispell on Sunday night, apparently while trying to stage a Bigfoot hoax.

Randy Lee Tenley of Kalispell was standing in the middle of the righthand, southbound lane of the highway dressed in a military-style ghillie suit when two cars rounded a slight bend and could not avoid hitting the man.
---
“The camouflage suit was dark and subdued. It’s designed to break up a silhouette and blend in with your surroundings,” Highway Patrol Trooper Jim Schneider said.
---
“We can only speculate as to his exact intentions, but according to another member of his party his intention was to get people to believe they saw a sasquatch,” Schneider said. “It is a bizarre set of circumstances and it is certainly tragic.”
---
the rest at link above; video at link below:

Kallispell Man Dressed As Bigfoot Dead (abcmontana.com)

I'm sorry, but if the reports are true that he was perpetrating a Sasquatch hoax, then that is one funny way to go!

It's sad and funny at the same time. If bigfoot is real I wonder why one has never been hit by a car.

And by the way, cats don't get stuck in trees. Have you ever seen a cat skeleton hanging in a tree?

I first saw the story in the Daily Mail and had to squint and blink twice to make sure I read the headline right.

And by the way, cats don't get stuck in trees. Have you ever seen a cat skeleton hanging in a tree?

Yes, because they will jump or fall to their death before dying up there. That old wives tale has led to many a cat dying because no one would assist them. I wish people would learn the truth.

There have been uncounted sightings by Native Americans among them. I'm not saying they're real but these witnesses are seeing something. People are also forest dwellers and know what a bear looks like and what isn't a bear.

Cat's do get stuck in trees all the time that's no wife's tale Its because climbing is only a defense thier claws are not ment for climbing down only to pull upwords . I Believe thier is a bigfoot it may be a new species of ape .

I know from experience that a cat can get stuck in the drapes and will just hang there until somebody comes to get her.

I don't know about Big Foot. I've never found one in my drapes.

I know from experience that a cat can get stuck in the drapes and will just hang there until somebody comes to get her.

I don't know about Big Foot. I've never found one in my drapes.
Rats also. Screeching rats, clinging to the drapes. In thunderstorms. (Shudder.) Ah, my student days.

I believe in Bigfoot. He lives in the woods behind my house and lives off fast food leftovers thrown down from the freeway. It's either Bigfoot or a gator, and I'd rather have a bigfoot.

This guy....how do you keep a straight face at the funeral? I mean, seriously. Someone comes up and says how sorry they are, but they hadn't seen him in a couple years, how did he die again?
"Well, he got hit by a car while prancing around in the middle of the road wearing camo. He was pretending to be Bigfoot, you see, and things just went horribly wrong."

I am amazed that I am not related to this guy, because usually when stupid crap happens, it's someone in my family. When something THIS stupid happens, it's almost a guarantee that it came from my bloodline.

Can we agree that there's something out there?

I'm about 70/30 for believing in Bigfoot.

I believe in Bigfoot. He lives in the woods behind my house and lives off fast food leftovers thrown down from the freeway. It's either Bigfoot or a gator, and I'd rather have a bigfoot.

This guy....how do you keep a straight face at the funeral? I mean, seriously. Someone comes up and says how sorry they are, but they hadn't seen him in a couple years, how did he die again?
"Well, he got hit by a car while prancing around in the middle of the road wearing camo. He was pretending to be Bigfoot, you see, and things just went horribly wrong."

I am amazed that I am not related to this guy, because usually when stupid crap happens, it's someone in my family. When something THIS stupid happens, it's almost a guarantee that it came from my bloodline.

BBM

In terms of throwing chlorine into the gene pool, everything went right.

Thanks to the guy dressed up like a bigfoot I've been reading about Doc Watson this morning...and no offense to bigfoot but THAT man (Doc) is so much more than a legend.

Seriously - all joking aside - C L E A R L Y Doc was a BIG man, a GREAT human and as he liked to be remembered "Just One of the People"...

snipped...In 2011, a life-size statue of Watson was dedicated in Boone, N.C., at the spot where Watson had played decades earlier for tips to support his family, according to the Folklore statement. At Watson's request the inscription read, "Just One of the People."

Read more:
http://www2.tricities.com/news/2012/may/29/doc-watson-dies-north-carolina-hospital-ar-1951092/
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/doc-watson-and-his-tall-drink-o-water-merle-20120530
(but you people all know this ;) )

Regardless, I am thankful for the wannabe sasquatch and his story. (For if not for this...!)

RIP Randy Lee Tenley - such a lover of the fine outdoors.

RIP Doc Watson & his son the tall drink o' water Merle.

:guitar:

In my next life, I WILL play music instead of just hummmmmmmmmmin' & strummin' along!

[Still unsure about these BIGFEET characters tho...lol]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back