Identified! UK - East Sussex, WhtFem 361UFUK, 40-60, washed ashore, Mar'02 - n/w

The Thinker

Reaction score
Hi,

I came across this site yesterday (registered in the past but haven't been on). I was looking through the missing persons/unidentified last night and I think there may be a possible match on a UK case.
I have emailed the intelligence officer like the appeal requested but just wanted to put it forward on here. I have never done this type of thing before so any help/advice would be much appreciated :)

Here's the links to the case:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-uk/361ufuk.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-uk/2649dfuk.html

This looks good. Only thing that stands out to me is the three year gap between going missing and the UID body washing up. It means she would have had to have lived elsewhere for that time - possibly transient?

I agree, the gap bothered me too but everything else seems to fit. She does have links to London area so not a million miles away really.....The more I look at it the more i am convinced.

I agree, the gap bothered me too but everything else seems to fit. She does have links to London area so not a million miles away really.....The more I look at it the more i am convinced.

The drawing definitely has similarities to the photos of Ellen! It can't hurt to call it in?

ETA - I am not sure if you've posted this in the right section? It's in identified and should maybe be moved to the main unidentified page?

Sorry about posting it in the wrong place, I am new to all this so i am just trying to find my way around. Thank you :)

Well done Thinker I think this is a great match! I don't live too far from where she lived in Dublin but this is the first I'd ever heard about a missing person from there. I really hope this turns out to be her, great work

Had this email a couple of days ago:

Thank you for your contacting the Bureau and letting us know about the possible match. I can see why you think there is a possibility of the cases being linked. I will certainly investigate this and will get back to you with the outcome. This may take some time so please do not be concerned if you don't hear from me for a while.

Thank you once again for your interest.

Best wishes

Karen
Karen Curran l Intelligence Officer l UK Missing Persons Bureau
Serious Organised Crime Agency

This lady is still listed on doe network but is not on the UK unidentified database. I have emailed them asking for any updates or if she was over looked when the site was built. Since Seaford is pretty close to me I'm just hoping its because they found her name.

Doe Network lists this Jane Doe as Identified now.

The Doe Network: 361UFUK

361UFUK, discovered in England, United Kingdom on March 31, 2002 is now a closed case. No further information is available.

I hope so. A lot of Does have been identified this year. We should keep it up. (Touch wood)

Doe Network lists this Jane Doe as Identified now.

The Doe Network: 361UFUK

361UFUK, discovered in England, United Kingdom on March 31, 2002 is now a closed case. No further information is available.
Hmm I dont think this was Ellen Cross. I see on Facebook that only 10 weeks ago there was an outreach for her and her sister posted on there... Missing Persons Helpline Ireland

Another Jane Doe I thought was similar was this one:
329UFDEU

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard