Found Deceased NC - Crystal Morrison Prentice, 31, Concord, 23 August 2012

nursebeeme

Reaction score
beachlvr0810 has asked me to post this missing person case from NC

Crystal Morrison Prentice, 31, of Concord, was last seen walking to McDonalds at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday after leaving work at Connextions Recruiting, on International Drive near Poplar Tent Road in Concord, her sister Mechelle Carey said in a Facebook post.

Prentice also missed a scheduled appointment Friday morning.
http://www2.independenttribune.com/news/2012/aug/27/concord-woman-missing-ar-2552777/

the article also states she does not have a cell phone with her.

I am reposting my comment from another thread, because it is possibly pertinent to this discussion.

Maybe I am grasping at straws here, but it is rather odd that these two women disappeared in the middle of the afternoon on Sunday, destination McDonald's. We also have a woman who disappeared in the middle of the afternoon two days prior, her last known destination, McDonald's. These events took place in NC, and SC, but only separated by 192 miles approx.

Sorry, here is the other case I referenced above.

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...lead-for-return-of-two-women-last-seen-sunday

They were driving a 2000 Chevrolet Metro with a South Carolina tag of IAJ-337. The sedan is white, but its front doors are gray, relatives said. It has a Sunoco bumper sticker and a pink “Carolina Girl” decal in the rear window.

Please disregard the suggestion. Apparently they were last seen on Sunday evening.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/19400113/police-looking-for-missing-concord-woman

The Concord Police Department is investigating the report of a missing woman.

Crystal Dawn Morrison, 31, was last seen on Thursday, August 23, at about 10:30 a.m. She was walking on International Drive, near the intersection of Davidson Highway in Concord, NC, police say.

She is approximately 5'3" tall, with blonde/red hair and blue eyes. She is approximately 100 pounds.

She was last seen wearing a white blouse with black flower print, black pants and black open toed shoes.***

Crystal Morrison has medical issues that are a concern.

19400113_BG1.jpg

I do not personally know Crystal but I used to live just 5 minutes away from where she disappeared from and have been to that McDonald's quite a few times. It's been 7 years since I lived there but when I read about Crystal's disappearance, it brought back some very upsetting memories for me. There were some very unsavory characters who would "visit" the nice apartment complex I lived in and lots of traffic in that particular area where she was. I don't quite remember whether or not there were any deep ravines off the sides of the road that she would have been walking on but hopefully no one has hit her with their vehicle and she's injured on the road somewhere. I've been in contact with her sister on FB and I told her I would get the word out there as much as I could. Thank you for starting this thread. I pray Crystal is alive somewhere so she can be reunited with her son, her sister and family and friends.

Man..this is close to home! I used to live less than 5 minutes from there in an apartment complex. This was fairly recently...I got broken in on/burglarized at this apartment complex TWICE in one day...the second time, it happened in a one hour time frame of my stepping out. I felt like I was being watched- well, I KNOW I was. The apartment manager claims no crime but the neighbors tell stories that they know for sure there are a lot of breakins around there. But, I never felt unsafe there before that happened, but after it happened, I started feeling like everyone unfamiliar walking around was unsavory and a threat. It really messed with my head..I looked at everyone as a threat after I was broken into, it was never proven who did it for sure but I had good reason later to suspect a neighbor. (This neighbor was a stranger, and a crook with a slight record, but was female and therefore would not be going around perpetating missing persons..petty theft maybe....) Because I couldn't feel secure again, I moved.

But having lived alone in this area for over a decade and knowing the 73/Internation Drive area very well..I feel pretty safe there...I would not really expect to be at risk of going missing in the daytime..but would feel at risk of being mugged by random thugs possibly...overall, it's not really an area where I feel physically unsafe in the day...not sure how I would feel about walking...so I will be following this case closely and praying she's found ok...

Man..this is close to home! I used to live less than 5 minutes from there in an apartment complex. This was fairly recently...I got broken in on/burglarized at this apartment complex TWICE in one day...the second time, it happened in a one hour time frame of my stepping out. I felt like I was being watched- well, I KNOW I was. The apartment manager claims no crime but the neighbors tell stories that they know for sure there are a lot of breakins around there. But, I never felt unsafe there before that happened, but after it happened, I started feeling like everyone unfamiliar walking around was unsavory and a threat. It really messed with my head..I looked at everyone as a threat after I was broken into, it was never proven who did it for sure but I had good reason later to suspect a neighbor. (This neighbor was a stranger, and a crook with a slight record, but was female and therefore would not be going around perpetating missing persons..petty theft maybe....) Because I couldn't feel secure again, I moved.

But having lived alone in this area for over a decade and knowing the 73/Internation Drive area very well..I feel pretty safe there...I would not really expect to be at risk of going missing in the daytime..but would feel at risk of being mugged by random thugs possibly...overall, it's not really an area where I feel physically unsafe in the day...not sure how I would feel about walking...so I will be following this case closely and praying she's found ok...

Hermione, you didn't live at the apartment complex that had a pond there did you?

Authorities are also searching for a 31-year-old woman missing since last week after leaving a Concord office.

Concord police said Crystal Dawn Morrison was last seen walking on International Drive, near its intersection with Davidson Highway (N.C. 73), around 10:30 a.m. Aug. 23.

“There is no indication of any criminal activity at this time,” said police, who added that she does have medical issues that are a concern.

Morrison is white, about 5-foot-3 and 100 pounds, police said. She has blondish red hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing black pants, black shoes and a white blouse with a black floral print.

Anyone who has seen Morrison is asked to call Concord police at 704-920-5000 or Cabarrus Crime Stoppers at 704-932-7463.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/28/3485209/2-missing-in-lincoln-cabarrus.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/28/3485209/2-missing-in-lincoln-cabarrus.html

I had a job offer in Concord this summer and looked for somewhere to live; I've lived in NC all my life and had always heard that Concord was a nice area, but the manager at one apartment complex told me that as a young single woman, there were a lot of parts of town where I should not live because it would not be safe. She suggested I make a list of potential apartment places, then consult with the police department about whether or not those were wise choices. I don't know how accurate that was - I wound up not taking the job and didn't move there - but she didn't have anything at stake by saying that to me, I didn't meet the income qualifications to live in the property she managed. I say this because Concord's got a reputation as being fairly innocuous, but apparently there's some seedy stuff out there too. It made me nervous to hear that when I was apartment-searching - makes me nervous all over again hearing about Crystal. I hope she comes home safely.

Here is an update to the article posted yesterday by nursebeeme about Crystal. It may have been in yesterday's article and I just missed seeing it, but it does say that she has asthma and requires daily medication and an inhaler. There are several comments under the article including one that mentions a search.

http://www2.independenttribune.com/...7/?referer=None&shorturl=http://bit.ly/NXrxe3

Here's another article posted on WHKY-TV AND WHKY Talk-Radio's site. I believe it's about the same information other than a mention that Crystal smokes L&M 100 Menthols or Newport 100 Menthols.

http://www.whky.com/news.asp?mode=detail&articleID=23618

the article also states she does not have a cell phone with her.

Her father just said on JVM that she does has a cell phone but the service had been turned off. So no info available from that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back