1057 users online (213 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

yesterday i uploaded a new pic for my avatar. it's showing up on my profile page but not in the forum. is there a delay i don't know about?

thnx.
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

mods?
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

I *think* what you did was add it as a profile pic. Go to the page to update your avi http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pro...?do=editavatar and if the pic. is not already listed, re-upload it and then select it for your avi.

I am not adnoid, and I reserve the right to be possibly really wrong

you were exactly right-- thank you!!

all i saw was "profile picture" in the list of options and i guess i never considered there was a difference. it has been 5+ years since i added any pic lol

I just did the same thing. Thanks for explaining it here!

I know this may sound dumb, but since the conversion, I can not figure out how to change my avatar? Help please!!
    "They say that what you mock will surely overtake you. And you become a monster , so the monster will not break you. " *U2*:

"Did you say it? I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life." Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow." ~Meredith Grey~

Where is Brandy Hall?
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42348

Quote Originally Posted by Balor51 View Post
    I know this may sound dumb, but since the conversion, I can not figure out how to change my avatar? Help please!!
    Click on "Settings" in the upper right hand corner. On the settings page, scroll down the column on the left and look for "Edit Avatar".

Select "Use Custom Avatar" and either browse to an image file on your computer, or paste in the url of the image you want to use.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Thank you Bessie
    "They say that what you mock will surely overtake you. And you become a monster , so the monster will not break you. " *U2*:

"Did you say it? I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life." Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow." ~Meredith Grey~

Where is Brandy Hall?
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42348

Just wanted to say thanks as well since i'm new here as of today and excited to be here

Quote Originally Posted by jezhead View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks as well since i'm new here as of today and excited to be here

We're happy to have you as part of our community! Contact me if you need anything - I love helping!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post

We're happy to have you as part of our community! Contact me if you need anything - I love helping!
    Thanks so much Kimster! Where are you from? Canada here eh
    Also, are new members allowed to post news stories here from various news sources? Would love to create and discuss current events with everyone here

Quote Originally Posted by jezhead View Post
    Thanks so much Kimster! Where are you from? Canada here eh
    Also, are new members allowed to post news stories here from various news sources? Would love to create and discuss current events with everyone here
    Hi again! Actually, there is a place just for our new members to ask questions here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...reshman-Mixer)

Right now you're in a thread about avatars. Hope that helps!