MS - Mother Attempts to Drown 3 Month Old

Oh man!!! Why o why would a mother do this to her child? 90 days old? 90 days??? WTH? I m so so sorry, but it makes me wonder how she treated the baby while she was pregnant? She had 9 months to make a plan, less than that if she had sought an abortion...which would have been a better choice seeing that now she held that child under water for 15 minutes???? Unresponsive? Brain dead is more like it...

Sorry so sorry for the rant....but wow. I just don't want to see later on that she was incompetent to stand trial, when she was around people 9 months while pregnant and no one picked up that there was something wrong. Then another 90 days??? Poor child. That poor child.

It seems that people don't encourage adoption anymore. If you feel you can't deal with a baby, give it up! Let a couple who want a baby take care of it and love it. There are so many wanting to be parents out there that can't have them naturally. I personally know of a couple that would be excellent parents, but the adoption process was so overwhelming and expensive, they just couldn't do it.

JMO

Yep, unfortunately there is a lot of pressure to raise children. I know a family who found themselves expecting another child before they were ready. Having family members who'd tried for years to conceive, they did the logical thing and gave the baby up for them. Now the other side of the family seldom speaks to them.

This baby is still in critical condition. Fifteen minutes? In a pool?

Why, why would this lady go to a neighbors pool to drown her baby? Something is waaaaaay wrong here aside from trying to murder your child. Why wouldn't you go into your own bathroom? Did she specifically go to that neighbors pool or was just walking around and decided?

Prayers for the little. Only on this earth three months and has to suffer already.
http://altoonaherald.desmoinesregis...29068/Purvis-woman-arrested-trying-drown-baby

I understand the stigma attached with saying that you need help. I understand that some mothers are taught that they better chew off their own arm before saying that they need help. That real mothers don't need help with their own babies.

Bullspit! How can mothers not understand that it is much better to accept your own weakness and ask for help than to become a murderer? We have to take the stigma off of asking for help, or babies are going to keep dying or ending up brain dead.

October 2012:

A woman who Lamar County authorities said allegedly put her 3-month-old daughter in her neighbor’s swimming pool and walked away has been bound over to the grand jury...

“We received the call at 7 a.m.,” he said. “And it was a rather strange call…the neighbor said it was ‘a matter of life and death’ and he needed someone at his house right away. He said his neighbor came over and she’d put her baby in his pool.”

Gibbs said when one of his officers arrived at the residence, in the 200 block of Brown Street, he found the infant face down in the water.

“My officer told me the child was just floating on top of the water,” Gibbs said. “He didn’t have to jump in the pool. He was able to reach into the pool and grab her out and he immediately began CPR.”...

The baby, whose name was Meekness, had been transferred to University Medical Center in Jackson and was on life support, but died several days later.

Charges against Booker were upgraded to murder and her bond was set at $1 million.

http://themississippilink.com/2012/10/31/woman-bound-over-for-drowning-3-month-old-daughter/

Rest in Peace, baby Meekness :(

I can't help but wonder if this is some sort of religious delusion. It seems that so many of these women resort to drowning as a means to 'save' or 'cleanse' their child. The name makes me wonder about some sort of religious angle as well.

I can't help but wonder if this is some sort of religious delusion. It seems that so many of these women resort to drowning as a means to 'save' or 'cleanse' their child. The name makes me wonder about some sort of religious angle as well.

Plus I looked for an update but couldn't find anything, and i couldn't find Angela Booker by doing inmate searches of local jails... So I figured she's probably still an inmate of a psychiatric hospital. Maybe being treated for postnatal psychosis. Which seems to quite often involve religious delusions.
MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back