Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX-MOther charged in toddlers death throws herself a pity party

This "mother" had abused her children in the past and had been investigated by CPS. Looks like this mommy was more interested in a man than in her own children. CPS was negligent. Both CPS workers and a boyfriend did nothing to prevent the continual abuse of these innocents. How many oportunities were passed up in which these three could have been saved from their non-mothering mother. Poor little babies. This tragedy was preventable and senseless.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Caligram For This Useful Post:

The latest CPS fallout:

HOUSTON CHRONICLE | November 13, 2012

A retired district judge from San Antonio was named commissioner of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services on Tuesday, taking over an agency facing criminal investigation in the death of a 22-month-old Abilene toddler.

Retired Bexar County Judge John J. Specia replaces Howard Baldwin...
    http://www.chron.com/default/article...es-4035156.php

Special prosecutor named in airman toddler's death
    Updated 4:11 p.m., Friday, November 9, 2012

Abilene Police Chief Stan Standridge said the McLennan County District Attorney's Office in Waco recently was appointed as the special prosecutor over the case of possible evidence tampering involving Child Protective Services.
    The children's mother, Tiffany Nicole Klapheke....The Taylor County District Attorney's Office will prosecute her case.
    Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/texas/art...#ixzz2DGB9G8sm

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lois Lane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    CPS workers also confirmed there had been "neglectful supervision" of the girls by Tamryn's mother, her boyfriend and father.

--------------------------

Tamryn's sisters now are in foster care together.

"We are providing a great deal of support and services to the father, and everyone involved in the case has agreed that this is what is best right now," Crimmins said.
    "He is visiting both girls in the home regularly, and our hope is that the family can be reunited."

http://www.chron.com/default/article...es-3948135.php

Dad is listed as divorced on facebook, but is still friends with Mom. So is his family.
    It appears that 9 months prior to dad's deployment, CPS was investigating neglect regarding Tamryn. Since the father was still at home, he would basically be involved in that neglect, wouldn't he? Perhaps allowing it to happen? Do I misread this?

CPS is hoping now to reunite the family, the father and two surviving children.

Does that sound familiar?

MOO, or at least, I'm wondering .. someone, please correct me.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to teedie2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by teedie2 View Post
    It appears that 9 months prior to dad's deployment, CPS was investigating neglect regarding Tamryn. Since the father was still at home, he would basically be involved in that neglect, wouldn't he? Perhaps allowing it to happen? Do I misread this?

CPS is hoping now to reunite the family, the father and two surviving children.

Does that sound familiar?

MOO, or at least, I'm wondering .. someone, please correct me.
    Crimmins made that statement before the top head rolled at DFCS.

It may no longer be an operative statement.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lois Lane For This Useful Post:

Col. Glen VanHerck, Dyess Air Force Base 7th Bomb Wing Commander, will give his disposition next week on four military charges against Senior Airman Christopher Perez accused of three charges in connection with Tiffany Klapheke whose 22-month-old daughter died Aug. 28 apparently of neglect.

In a separate matter relating to the girl's death, a special prosecutor received Abilene Police Department detectives' reports Friday investigating four Child Protective Services employees in connection with withholding or possibly tampering with evidence.
    Special Prosecutor Mark Parker, of the McLennan County district attorney's office in Waco, received some of the Abilene detective's evidence reports on Friday.

Parker said the reports have information dating back to April 2010 when local CPS office first investigated the Klapheke family.

"(The case) will definitely go to a grand jury," Parker said, "but I can't tell you right now if it needs additional investigation or not."
    http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...nnection-with/

Tiffany Klapheke remains in the Taylor County jail awaiting trial. No indication in the article when that might be.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lois Lane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dstevenson_1956 View Post
    I vote that young Mothers have Psychological test or at least be evaluated before birthing multiple children whom they can not take care of;even if they are married.
    I vote that young fathers have psychological test or at least be evaluated before fathering multiple children whom they cannot take care of;even if they are married.

just to be fair of course. Because you do realize that it take two people to have a child, right? There are no virgin births.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

Another child from Dyess AFB:
    Police investigating possible attempted strangling of 11-year-old girl at Dyess Air Force Base

http://www.ktxs.com/news/UPDATE-Poli...t/-/index.html

Called to Dyess Air Force Base on Wednesday, Abilene police are currently attempting to determine if the girl’s injuries are consistent with what her stepfather is telling law enforcement. The unidentified man told police his stepdaughter had tried to hang herself, but police are working with doctors at Cook Children’s Hospital in Fort Worth to determine if attempted strangulation of the girl is a possibility.
    I am just posting this here since its another child from Dyess. This is very unusual for this area, very bad for DAFB. I don't know yet if this family has a history with CPS or not. Local police are all over this and not in an "accidental death" kind of a way. MOO

I'll start another thread for discussion of this case.

Let's keep this one for Tamryn and her sisters.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

Tiffany Nicole Klapheke, the Dyess woman jailed Aug. 28 after her toddler died of apparent neglect, was indicted by a Taylor County grand jury Thursday on three counts of injury to a child.
    http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...child-neglect/

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lois Lane For This Useful Post:

Instead of throwing herself a pity party, she should throw herself off a cliff.

Col. Glen VanHerck, Dyess Air Force Base 7th Bomb Wing Commander, recommended Senior Airman Christopher Perez to a general court-martial in connection with the death of a toddler, apparently by neglect, for which her mother has been indicted.

The general court-martial is scheduled for March 4 at Dyess Air Force Base, according to a Dyess statement Friday. The proceeding is a military felony-level criminal trial.
    The charges are failure to report child abuse or neglect, adultery, and child endangerment
    More at the link:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...lapheke-child/

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Lois Lane For This Useful Post:

I just discovered this thread today ... and I would like to express my sincere appreciation to all of you who have posted your caring, informative, inquiring, and extensive remarks concerning the neglect and abuse of these three little children. This is the kind of thread I joined WS to be a part of.

Fly with the angels little Tamryn.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to southernnana For This Useful Post:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...by-grand-jury/

http://www.ktxs.com/news/klapheke-ca...z/-/index.html

New articles.

This case fascinates me because there are so many unanswered questions. One of the responding LE said you could smell the house from 10 feet away--what is wrong with the boyfriend that he could go there? Did the neighbors notice that? Were there drugs, alcohol, partying etc. involved? Apparently the boyfriend was left alone in the house with the kids locked in their rooms. Did it ever occur to him to "credit card" their locks and check on them? Did he ever hear them locked in there? Where were the mother's friends--did she have any? Where are the grandparents?

Another CPS official was apparently disciplined for having an inappropriate relationship with the father. What's up with that?

It is so sad that so many failed these little girls.

Trial is set for July 15.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to calli bear For This Useful Post:

** I still think this girl should throw her off a cliff, despite what the rest of my post might sound like.

All quotes from this article: http://www.ktxs.com/news/klapheke-ca...z/-/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by ktxs
    alleged improper relationship involving Thomas Klapheke and CPS Investigator Supervisor Tiffany Gann
    Weird that the mothers name is Tiffany, and his cps girlfriend's name is Tiffany.

Quote Originally Posted by ktxs
    According to Tiffany's adoptive parents, Scott and Tina Romano, the surviving Klapheke children are living with Thomas's parents.
    Ok, so the mother was in foster care (most likely for neglect) and it got to the point where her parents rights were terminated allowing her to be adopted.

^This changes things for me a bit. She clearly didn't have the best life, her parents lost custody, no modeling of what is right and what is wrong.. I can see this as being she just never learned how to care for children or keep a clean house.

I wonder what age she was when she got TPR? What age was she when she was adopted by the Romano's?

Topix, not the best source but post seems to know fact

4th post down. Worse then what I was thinking.

I'm very sad now.
    What a hard life.
    Last edited by buffetoflies; 07-07-2013 at 03:51 PM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buffetoflies For This Useful Post:

Well I guess that answers the question of why the CPS closed the investigation administratively.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

I do not have ANY sympathy for this woman. I personally know an officer who was on the scene when the child was reported not breathing. He said the stench was so bad they had to leave the house every so often because their eyes were burning so bad from the stench of urine and feces smell in the air. This woman should be thrown to the wolves. She had locked them in their room without food or care for days. Unforgivable in my eyes.

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nannymo For This Useful Post:

Read the Topix. Wow. Still, nobody gets a pass from me for treating their babies this way. Nobody, for no reason. Leave them on the church doorstep if you can't be bothered changing diapers!

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flutterby80 For This Useful Post:

She doesn't appear to have any maternal instinct whatsoever.
    Whether is due to her upbringing, genetics, or something else, I got no clue.
    But why have child, after child, after child?
    Just my opinion

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    I just read this case and all the post on topics. How heart breaking......

Question if they lived on base and CPS made a few visits wouldn't the air force had been checking up on this? I know when you drive on base you have to show identification so obviously someone knew....

How close together are these homes? Seriously, no neighrbor heard these babies screaming with hunger pains?

This CPS worked accused of the relationship with the father should be held accountable to some extent also.

I'm also not feeling so heart felt for the father in the situation either.....

why? why? why? why didn't someone step in....

The true victims are the chidlren!!!!! The adults in their lives failed them miserably

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jnTexas For This Useful Post:

This site has a good history of articles on the case.

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/klapheke-case

The latest is the change of venue hearing decision:
    http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/st...1EWG1JRdAipvIQ

"the judge ruled Tuesday morning that the trial will remain in Taylor County"

I stumbled upon this case today and am sick over it.
    "No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMouse For This Useful Post:

It almost seems worse for a baby to be neglected to death than to be abused to death. I mean, both unforgivable and sickening, but a parent who doesn't even care enough about her baby to hand her a bottle or keep her from rotting away in her own filth...it's beyond my ability to comprehend this.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flutterby80 For This Useful Post:

Ex-Scott County woman found guilty in Texas for toddler daughter's starvation death

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/02/13/3...#storylink=cpy
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

42. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

"Senior Airman Christopher Perez was sentenced Oct. 18 to three years in prison and a dishonorable discharge for adultery and child endangerment in the August 2012 death of a toddler at her home on Dyess Air Force Base, Texas."

More details at http://www.airforcetimes.com/article...ler-death-case

I wonder if the mom gets the maximum in a civilian court, if her lawyer will appeal because this man only got a 3 year sentence in a military court?

IMO, he should have received the same charge since he lived in the house.

Rest In Peace Tamryn.

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to w1df10wr For This Useful Post:

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    To depressed to take care of her children but she managed to keep herself fed and lively enough for a new man! When I was severely depressed a man was the last thing I thought about! She is nothing but a lying POS and she should have gotten life.30yrs =15 with good behavior,not long enough.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12