842 users online (186 members and 656 guests)  

Websleuths News

One of most dangerous cities in US plans to ditch police force

..........Amid what they call a “public safety crisis,” officials in Camden, N.J., plan to disband the city's 141-year-old police department and replace it with a non-union division of the Camden County Police.

Camden city officials have touted the move as necessary to combat the city’s growing financial and safety problems. The entire 267-member police department will be laid off and replaced with a newly reformatted metro division, which is projected to have some 400 members. It will serve only the city of Camden starting in early 2013.............

“We’re concerned, we’re definitely concerned,” Camden Fraternal Order of Police President John Williamson told NBC News. “You’re going to create a police department and staff it with people who are unfamiliar with the city and say, ‘Go ahead and fight crime.’ That’s a recipe for disaster.”..........

where are their brains??? Ever listen to a scanner even in a small town???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

New England
    Just more union busting, 2012 version. Call it "consolidation", or "streamlining" or what have you, but it amounts to the same thing.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    They are replacing one police force with another and spreading the cost out over the county is how it looks to me. I don't see that as necessarily bad. If the town takes bankruptcy, all the union contracts go out the window anyway.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid