2012.08.30 Jeff Ashton picks Linda Drane Burdick as chief assistant state attorney

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
"ORLANDO, Fla. — Newly elected state attorney for Orange and Osceola counties Jeff Ashton announced his pick for chief assistant state attorney Tuesday.

In a news release, Ashton said that he has asked Linda Drane Burdick to take the position. Burdick is well-known to the central Florida community and served as lead prosecutor in the murder trial of Casey Anthony."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/jeff-ashton-names-linda-drane-burdick-number-two-n/nRNxb/

"ORLANDO, Fla. — Newly elected state attorney for Orange and Osceola counties Jeff Ashton announced his pick for chief assistant state attorney Tuesday.

In a news release, Ashton said that he has asked Linda Drane Burdick to take the position. Burdick is well-known to the central Florida community and served as lead prosecutor in the murder trial of Casey Anthony."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/jeff-ashton-names-linda-drane-burdick-number-two-n/nRNxb/

From link:

"We have very different personalities," said Burdick. "One of my strengths is organization. I think that I can complement his style with mine and run an effective state attorney's office."

Ashton called Burdick a "demanding" boss who expects "great things" from the people working under her.

:cheer: Go Linda!

I just saw this on Facebook! Awesome choice...the team is back together!

I love this team together...but lets hope and pray that they can learn from what went down in the despicable KC verdict. Dear God.

Well deserved for them both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great news to come home to!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been here in quite a while so I'm not sure if this has already been posted, so forgive me if it has (scroll down a bit to get to the bit about the Jeff Ashton celebration and George showing up):

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/
I think Ashton may have been surprised, but I don't think he was angry. JA always had nice things to say about GA...CA as well. I think George may have read a lot into that and decided to show his support. To me, it wasn't a big deal (heck, hope it stuck it to Casey), but I also wasn't looking as deeply into it as L. Glass.

I think Ashton may have been surprised, but I don't think he was angry. JA always had nice things to say about GA...CA as well. I think George may have read a lot into that and decided to show his support. To me, it wasn't a big deal (heck, hope it stuck it to Casey), but I also wasn't looking as deeply into it as L. Glass.

Yes, I tend to agree with you RR0004 - he'd pretty much left the case and that world behind - was thinking about the race, Lamar, his voters, his supporters and his family, his success that night - there were tons of well wiishers and I think he was surprised - period.

Lots of people were trying to get Jeff's attention -not surprised at that. And I didn't think George looked embarrassed - I thought he just wanted to get out of there.I suspect the average person is still "not nice" to George when he is out and about.

People lost respect for George because he is still with the mother of FCA. One good thing to point out is GA was NOT with FCA's mother. He did this on his own...yeah, George!

Congratulations to Jeff Ashton!

I feel the same as you have all expressed! I think a lot of what Dr. Glass says about facial expressions are more about her personal feelings than anything else. Heck, I could stop a video anywhere I want and get a goofy-looking face on someone and call it whatever I want. I remember after the verdict, when George and Cindy left quietly, Dr. Glass had a shot of Cindy and one of the courthouse marshals outside the doors and a pose she had described as Cindy being affectionate with this guy when he 'obviously' wanted nothing to do with her (she could tell by his stance), but when you looked at the actual video of the scene, he was the one that initially moved in toward Cindy and was affectionate with her first.

I don't remember Jeff Ashton ever saying anything bad about George, either - I always got the feeling his heart just ached for him.

Well George still has a chance to do the right thing,

I also agree that this will be a great team together, I wish them both a lot of success.

Congratulations, Jeff, and best wishes to Linda, too.

George? George who?

I wish JA, LDB, and FG only the best. They worked hard. So happy to hear about Jeff's win and Linda's new job offer. :woohoo:

Really George? Really?

I guess he truly has no shame left... :tsktsk:

Can a felon vote? I wonder if Casey voted for Jeff Ashton? :rolleyes:

JMO Linda is amazing and deserves it. Not sure if it is true but I did read she did not support Ashton in his campaign and rather supported her boss at the time, which is understandable imo if it would impact job security etc JMO

I guess that the A's will all be moving out of their jurisdiction now. LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back