We the Jury! Deliberations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
This thread is to be opened when the jury goes into deliberations. Please alert this post for a mod to open it if it's not opened at that time.

The "rules" for this thread are to deliberate together as though we are the jury. Only present information from the trial - and see what we think the real jury is going to decide based on that information alone.

:seeya:

The jurors:

The men and women chosen as the 12 main jurors for the Peterson trial include:

A woman in her 50s who took college classes in business and child care. She is married to an auto body technician, and is one of eight children. She likes to read The National Enquirer, but says she doesn’t really believe the stories it prints.

A 22-year-old man who was born in Puerto Rico, but moved to Bolingbrook, Illinois, in 2001 with his family. He is attending Columbia College in Chicago, and hopes to become a sports broadcaster.

A man in his 50s who has lived in Joliet his entire life. He has worked at the same job for 30 years, and previously worked for Texaco. His wife is a retired school nurse.

A woman in her 50s who was born in Poland and moved to Chicago when she was five. She is a high school graduate, who now watches her six-year-old granddaughter for her own daughter, a single mother.

A man in his 40s or 50s who is a senior research technician. His first marriage ended in divorce, but there were no children and no property to settle. Now remarried, his hobby is photography.

A man in his 60s who is married and works as a plant manager. He said that he hasn’t paid any attention to the Peterson case, because three years ago, the original trial judge, Stephen White, told prospective jurors not to follow the case. He uses the Internet primarily to purchase parts for his motorcycle.

A woman in her 60s who works for a telecommunications company. Her husband is retired. She has two sons and five grandchildren.

A man in his 40s who grew up in Hawaii and then lived in Virginia before moving to Bolingbrook. A former member of the Hawaiian Army National Guard, he works for the U.S. Postal Service as a mail carrier.

A man in his 50s who has lived in Will County his entire life. He works as a homebuilder, developer and consultant, and he used to own his own construction company. He is married and has a cousin who’s a retired Joliet police officer. He’s also taking flying lessons to become a pilot.

A woman in her 50s who lived in New Jersey and California before moving to Illinois 14 years ago. An inventory manger, she has a brother in California who’s an attorney. The mother of two grown children, a son and a daughter, she occasionally spends “a little time” on the Internet, “to see what my kids are doing on Facebook.”

A woman in her 60s who writes poetry, likes to read biographies and books about old movies, and watches nonfiction television. She works as an administrative assistant and said she likes to hear both sides of a story. The two-time divorcee offered the opinion that “all divorces are unpleasant.”

A man in his 20s or 30s who is single and lives with his parents. He was laid off a few months ago from a job as a cashier and bagger. He spends five to 10 hours a week on the Internet, reads science fiction novels and works out regularly. He said he doesn’t know anything about the Peterson case.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/25/meet-drew-peterson-jury

Do you guys think Kathleen left enough evidence on her to put DP away for the rest of his life? :please:

In Session The alternate jurors are now gone. The attorneys then approach the bench for a sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends. Attorney Steve Greenberg objects to the fact that the judge is keeping the alternates, says that the law mandates that they be released once the deliberations begin. Judge: “So you’re telling me that if someone becomes ill, Mr. Peterson is going to accept 11 jurors?” Greenberg: “I think it would result in a mistrial.” Judge: “So if something happens, then all of this is for naught?” Greenberg: “That is what I believe is a correct statement of the law.” Prosecutor Glasgow says the State agrees with what the judge has done here. The judge decides to defer his ruling on this issue until the attorneys can produce any case law to back up their positions. In the meantime, he will handle his normal morning calendar, and the Peterson trial is in recess until further notice.

Why do they have to object to everything???? :banghead:

Do you guys think Kathleen left enough evidence on her to put DP away for the rest of his life? :please:

I think she did... but it all depends on how these good folks think and work together. :moo::please:

In Session The alternate jurors are now gone. The attorneys then approach the bench for a sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends. Attorney Steve Greenberg objects to the fact that the judge is keeping the alternates, says that the law mandates that they be released once the deliberations begin. Judge: “So you’re telling me that if someone becomes ill, Mr. Peterson is going to accept 11 jurors?” Greenberg: “I think it would result in a mistrial.” Judge: “So if something happens, then all of this is for naught?” Greenberg: “That is what I believe is a correct statement of the law.” Prosecutor Glasgow says the State agrees with what the judge has done here. The judge decides to defer his ruling on this issue until the attorneys can produce any case law to back up their positions. In the meantime, he will handle his normal morning calendar, and the Peterson trial is in recess until further notice.

Why do they have to object to everything???? :banghead:

Because you can't use something as grounds for appeal unless its been raised as an objection at the original trial, (unless you're appealing on the grounds of inadequate defense).

They're just doing their job.

:seeya: JMO, but DP caused ALL the evidence that was found on Kathleen : the head gash, the bruising, the drowning, etc ...

:please: I hope the jury sees what I have seen these past 5 weeks : that the "bathtub" did NOT cause these injuries to Kathleen ...

:moo:

Well, here we go. Along for the ride...:rollercoaster:

Should we start our freak-out now,:panic: folks, or wait awhile???:behindbar ... :doorhide: ... :chillout: ... :panic: ... ... :pullhair: ... :waiting: ... :sheesh: ... :nuts: ... :crosseyed: ... :no:

Which one are u?

I nominate ~n/t~ and katydid as co-forepersons!

Because you can't use something as grounds for appeal unless its been raised as an objection at the original trial, (unless you're appealing on the grounds of inadequate defense).

They're just doing their job.

Keeping alternates is grounds for an appeal? I never heard of that before. IMO, this objection is a frivolous attempt to derail aka DESPERATE.

Should we start our freak-out now,:panic: folks, or wait awhile???:behindbar ... :doorhide: ... :chillout: ... :panic: ... ... :pullhair: ... :waiting: ... :sheesh: ... :nuts: ... :crosseyed: ... :no:

Which one are u?

I'm the one with diarrhea. I don't think we have that emoticon so I will have to
go with :puke:

Which one are u?

I am the one that fears his release, because I just never know how jurors look at things.

:gasp:

I'm going to pick this guy for Foreman from ^. He is in his 50's and has had some life experience. Strikes me he may be a critical thinker :moo:

A man in his 50s who has lived in Will County his entire life. He works as a homebuilder, developer and consultant, and he used to own his own construction company. He is married and has a cousin who’s a retired Joliet police officer. He’s also taking flying lessons to become a pilot.

If i was in the Jury room

So, what happens if a juror gets sick, drops dead, or becomes unable to continue because of misconduct? What are the alternates good for now?? What is Illinois law, please, someone? Thanks.

I nominate ~n/t~ and katydid as co-forepersons!

:rocker: I second !

:woohoo:

:waitasec: So we are all on board, what "color" or "theme" should we wear today ?

:woohoo::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member