895 users online (144 members and 751 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - Kids rescued from garbage-infested home

http://www.kpho.com/story/19354588/k...ickenburg-home

Three children ranging in age from 9 months to 3 years old were rescued

Richard Figley

Figley was arrested without incident. He was booked into jail on three counts of child abuse.

He was busted in February as well.

Mugshot

http://arrestfiles.org/publicinfo/richard-allen-figley

Always with the feces....how do these people put up with the stench of poop? I swear, almost every child abuse story in the last three months that I have chosen to click on has included the word "feces". WHY?
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Always with the feces....how do these people put up with the stench of poop? I swear, almost every child abuse story in the last three months that I have chosen to click on has included the word "feces". WHY?
    I can only think of one reason. Lazy. Too lazy to clean. Too lazy to feed your kids. Too lazy to get a job. The medical world can assign some sort of condition to it but truthfully it all boils down to being lazy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterby80 View Post
    I can only think of one reason. Lazy. Too lazy to clean. Too lazy to feed your kids. Too lazy to get a job. The medical world can assign some sort of condition to it but truthfully it all boils down to being lazy IMO.
    Sadly, we just consider it neglect. An insight on why parents often times don't seem to "notice" the stench of fecal matter is because of drugs. Typically the family is living in filth because the parents are hardcore addicts at the point where everything falls into neglect including their appearance. We find this usually in homes with meth use. You would think with all that energy they would clean but instead it becomes a whirlwind of using and when they are out they crash to the point you can rarely awake them. It's definitely not exclusive to drug use or meth but it seems to be more common.

I never understood how often people who live like this can go around other people, public places and NO ONE notice the smell. Trust me, it's there. Think chain smoking, the toxins of drugs, poor diet, body odor amplified because of the former along with feces and urine. You cannot wash that smell out, it clings to everything.

Sad case and even more sad is that it's all preventable. People visit these homes, people see these children yet they actively choose to never report it.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroKitty View Post
    Sadly, we just consider it neglect. An insight on why parents often times don't seem to "notice" the stench of fecal matter is because of drugs. Typically the family is living in filth because the parents are hardcore addicts at the point where everything falls into neglect including their appearance. We find this usually in homes with meth use. You would think with all that energy they would clean but instead it becomes a whirlwind of using and when they are out they crash to the point you can rarely awake them. It's definitely not exclusive to drug use or meth but it seems to be more common.

I never understood how often people who live like this can go around other people, public places and NO ONE notice the smell. Trust me, it's there. Think chain smoking, the toxins of drugs, poor diet, body odor amplified because of the former along with feces and urine. You cannot wash that smell out, it clings to everything.

Sad case and even more sad is that it's all preventable. People visit these homes, people see these children yet they actively choose to never report it.
    I agree with you, especially on the addiction thing. His appearance changed DRAMATICALLY in about 7 months. Looks like meth to me.

And I think people do notice the smell - there are a lot of people walking around in public stinking. I'm a little bit OCD about people's smell (probably because I have a very good sense of smell) but I'll walk the other way or get in another grocery store line if someone there even LOOKS like they probably smell. Because they probably do. I do wonder, though, if anyone had visited his home in a long time - some people never have visitors.

Glad the kids are out of there.

Agh the gift of smell ( I have an over sensitive nose too, it sucks! ). I'm one of those "Shut in" types if I'm not at school or work but I'm paranoid about my house smelling like I have pets lol. Mailmen, UPS, random neighbors ...they will show up at anyone's house (unless of course you're in the middle of nowhere), that's enough "visitors" for me that I would still make sure the house smells clean.

Imagine though, the neighbors HAD to smell this house -it's AZ and it's hot as hell there. I can't imagine baking poo kept confined inside that house (TMI but seriously, think about it).

I looked at his photos. He doesn't have any signs of meth use (at least none that are detectable through a photograph). I suspect it's a neglect, mental illness on his end - he looks well fed, his face is clear .. no dark drug circles.