Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NV - AMBER ALERT: Melissa Duran, 17, Henderson, 31 Aug 2012 - ABDUCTED

NV - AMBER ALERT: Melissa Duran, 17, Henderson, 31 Aug 2012 - ABDUCTED

Henderson girl abducted, ransom demanded

http://www.lvrj.com/news/henderson-g...168194456.html

Two men knocked on the front door of a home. When 17-year-old Melissa Duran answered the door, the men snatched her. The men later called and asked the girl's mother for money. A friend of the family told the Las Vegas Review-Journal the demand was for $150,000.

The kidnappers left the scene in a late-model, two-door red sedan, witnesses said. The front passenger fender is blue, police said.

The article contains a photo of the car. Surely someone must know something about a red car with a blue fender.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to cats5vegas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cats5vegas View Post
    Henderson girl abducted, ransom demanded

http://www.lvrj.com/news/henderson-g...168194456.html

Two men knocked on the front door of a home. When 17-year-old Melissa Duran answered the door, the men snatched her. The men later called and asked the girl's mother for money. A friend of the family told the Las Vegas Review-Journal the demand was for $150,000.

The kidnappers left the scene in a late-model, two-door red sedan, witnesses said. The front passenger fender is blue, police said.

The article contains a photo of the car. Surely someone must know something about a red car with a blue fender.
    Something is hinky about this. Not sure what it is , but......... hope the girl is OK.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to southsleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by southsleuth View Post
    Something is hinky about this. Not sure what it is , but......... hope the girl is OK.
    I totally agree. My first thought is that this was set up by the girl to get money from her parents. Or possibly the kidnappers know her or of her and at least believe her parents to have some money. It just doesn't seem like a random act. It's got to be hard to hide a red car with a blue fender, so I hope this will be resolved quickly.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cats5vegas For This Useful Post:

Police: Suspects abduct Henderson teen for ransom

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/19431...henderson-teen

HTH
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

2 Ransom Demands Made of Parents of Abducted Hend. Teen
    http://www.8newsnow.com/story/194311...cted-from-home

How fortunate that the suspect's vehicle was caught on a neighbor's surveillance camera.
    According to the Channel 8 news story at 5:00pm, no real update and they do not yet know if there is a relationship between the victim and the abductors.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cats5vegas For This Useful Post:

Henderson teen kidnapped from home; Amber Alert issued

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012...sued/#comments

The suspects fled from the neighborhood in a red, late model, two-door passenger car with a blue fender on the front passenger side, police said. The most recent Amber Alert, which was issued at 3:50 p.m. Friday, indicates investigators think the suspects may have fled Nevada.

The Amber Alert that came over my iPhone app stated that investigators are concerned that the suspects may have fled to either Southern Utah, Northern Arizona or Southern Arizona.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cats5vegas For This Useful Post:

Hinky. Does this family have the ability to just write out a check for $150,000? If not, then this is super hinky.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cats5vegas View Post
    I totally agree. My first thought is that this was set up by the girl to get money from her parents. Or possibly the kidnappers know her or of her and at least believe her parents to have some money. It just doesn't seem like a random act. It's got to be hard to hide a red car with a blue fender, so I hope this will be resolved quickly.
    I feel like I saw an old episode of CSI (the original one set in Las Vegas no less) where this was exactly the story line....
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:

LE says she was forcibly taken from her home so someone must have witnessed her abduction.

The car is a 2 door. Where did they put Melissa?

Amber Alert:

http://amberalert.nv.gov/

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Someone knows who did this....someone knows the car, I'm sure.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Wow. This is the second tragedy at the same high school Melissa attended in less than a week.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/hundreds-at...167454135.html

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Someone knows who did this....someone knows the car, I'm sure.
    I agree. It's not a car that can be easily hidden. Good lord. It's bright red with blue. So noticeable! My gut says it's being driven by teenagers.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Do we know any details of Melissa's family? Are they quite well off, do they have access to this kind of money? And if so, is this a well known fact in the area?

Very glad they have video footage of the car (and hopefully the suspects).

Praying for Melissa's safe release.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Public_Hysteria For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I agree. It's not a car that can be easily hidden. Good lord. It's bright red with blue. So noticeable! My gut says it's being driven by teenagers.
    I completely agree. The suspects don't strike me as highly intelligent. They're in a car that would not be hard to spot, they were caught on camera, and they clearly haven't got very much of a head start.

Teenagers or someone so desperate for money they haven't entirely thought it through?

What's the area like that she was taken from?
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Public_Hysteria For This Useful Post:

What model car is it?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Melissa is already listed on the NCMEC website

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...01790&seqNum=1

Interesting.....it says 2 male companions (??) Do they mean her companions or the 2 abductors are companions (??)

Circumstances: Melissa was last seen at home on August 31, 2012. She may be in the company of two male companions. Melissa was last seen wearing a yellow blouse and black and white striped pants. The child's hair was pulled back in two braids. They may be traveling in a two door red sedan with chrome rims. The front of the vehicle is painted blue, similar to the photo above.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Video of the car caught on surveillance video. It appears to be speeding away.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/19431...een-for-ransom

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Companions? Does this imply that she knows the people that took her?

Obviously I don't want to jump to conclusions, but this wording just seems odd to me.
    Emily Dickinson

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Public_Hysteria For This Useful Post:

I am honestly surprised they haven't been caught already. The picture above shows her with a smart phone. Where are the facebook and twitter expert sleuthers?

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainydaybaby For This Useful Post:

This sounds surreal. Don't want to question any victims here.....but in any other case, I might ask myself, "Is this young lady in on this?"

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rainydaybaby View Post
    I am honestly surprised they haven't been caught already. The picture above shows her with a smart phone. Where are the facebook and twitter expert sleuthers?
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1495...issa.duran.100

Help Find Melissa Duran Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/149594001848004/

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

I agree with some of you who are saying there is more to this story than meets the eye.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Last edited by ~n/t~; 08-31-2012 at 11:59 PM.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Public_Hysteria View Post
    What's the area like that she was taken from?
    Her home is in the Green Valley area. 20 years ago it was the new and upcoming place to be. It's now a nice area for working folks and families. It's just an average neighborhood, not too fancy. I drove through the area last weekend and a coworker lives just a couple blocks from there. We were shocked when we heard about this today because that neighborhood doesn't seem like a place where something like this would happen.

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cats5vegas For This Useful Post:

I wonder why the police say they may be headed out of state?

50. The Following User Says Thank You to chissus For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast