Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    22,678

    Post Dad pleads no contest to shooting son over karaoke

    Posted: 3:34 p.m. Friday, Aug. 31, 2012 KTVU-AP
    SHINGLETOWN, Calif.
    A California man accused of shooting his 50-year-old son because he didn't like his country karaoke singing has pleaded no contest to assault with a firearm.
    The Record Searchlight of Redding reports (http://bit.ly/NH8p2x) that William Henry Oller Sr. entered the plea on Friday in Shasta County Superior Court. He was sentenced to time already served and placed on probation for three years.
    Oller had been facing an attempted murder charge in the January shooting of his son, William Carr Oller Jr., at the son's Shingletown home. more at link:

    http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-...karaoke/nRQ6r/
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie



  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,573
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Posted: 3:34 p.m. Friday, Aug. 31, 2012 KTVU-AP
    SHINGLETOWN, Calif.
    A California man accused of shooting his 50-year-old son because he didn't like his country karaoke singing has pleaded no contest to assault with a firearm.
    The Record Searchlight of Redding reports (http://bit.ly/NH8p2x) that William Henry Oller Sr. entered the plea on Friday in Shasta County Superior Court. He was sentenced to time already served and placed on probation for three years.
    Oller had been facing an attempted murder charge in the January shooting of his son, William Carr Oller Jr., at the son's Shingletown home. more at link:

    http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-...karaoke/nRQ6r/
    "My Father Shot Me For Singing The Blues" sounds like a good country song.


  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    "My Father Shot Me For Singing The Blues" sounds like a good country song.
    I think he must have been doing Slim Whitman, judging from the light sentence he got.


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to TrackerSam For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,573
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerSam View Post
    I think he must have been doing Slim Whitman, judging from the light sentence he got.


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    63 22'N 32 17'W (It's In The Abyss.)
    Posts
    3,143
    Must be the bad singing.




    HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY TX - Nurse Vickie Jackson charged in 10 patient deaths, 2000-2001
    By Floh in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2015, 02:30 AM
  2. CA - "Country karaoke" tiff leads to father shooting son
    By wfgodot in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2015, 01:29 AM
  3. CA - Former SJ cop pleads no contest to sex charges
    By shadowraiths in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2012, 09:55 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 09:17 PM
  5. Outhouse Peepster pleads no contest
    By Norma in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 10:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •