dress swap idea

smile22

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
so i had a thread on the jury room about being fustrated at a local bridal/evening wear shop because they did not have anything for me to really try on only for me to hold up to my body. you cant shop like that. someone on the thread suggested some items in her closet for me so i thought why not have a dress swap on ws

you would post in this thread what you have that you don't want for dresses skirts even suits. the condition of the item, the size, how it fits you, does it run big? does it run small?. what the occasion you would wear it to maybe a picture.

if someone wanted it they would let you know everyone is different sizes and body types so swapping between each other would be hard unless you are both the same size.

if something you received did not fit you could then re list it on ws saying i got this amazing dress from x poster( give credit to the poster who originally sent it to you) but it does not fit at all ( to small way to big) is there anyone who would be interested in it

casual dresses, formal dresses. informal dresses, business suits, skirts, prom dresses, brides made dresses heck if someone has a wedding dress they want to give up and someone is looking for that you can offer that 2 hey if you have vintage dresses list them 2

does anyone think this is a bad idea?

its like recycling your dresses without having to throw them out or send them to the goodwill and wonder if its going to make it to a hanger their ( they sometimes do throw out stuff depending on the conditions of them )

mods if this is the wrong place to list this please remove to the proper place

so no responses so i will post my first dress i have for swap it goes past the knee a little its a v neck sleeveless tank dress the v on the dress is pink the bottom is black its rayon and spandex like material not sure on the exact material but i can get back to anyone interested on that i wore it once for easter i pared it with a nice bolero it can be worn dressed down or dressed up

you could wear it to a semi formal wedding with some strappy shoes and some nice jewelry and a shrug or bolero or wear it bare if you have no arm issues

dress size is a 2x 18-20 and runs true to size brand is fashion bug it comes from a smoke free house and kept in a closet at all times

so no responses so i will post my first dress i have for swap it goes past the knee a little its a v neck sleeveless tank dress the v on the dress is pink the bottom is black its rayon and spandex like material not sure on the exact material but i can get back to anyone interested on that i wore it once for easter i pared it with a nice bolero it can be worn dressed down or dressed up

you could wear it to a semi formal wedding with some strappy shoes and some nice jewelry and a shrug or bolero or wear it bare if you have no arm issues

dress size is a 2x 18-20 and runs true to size brand is fashion bug it comes from a smoke free house and kept in a closet at all times

Can you attach a picture of it for us?

the only picture i have of is me in the dress sitting down i will take a photo of the dress tomorrow after work and post it up here oh i forgot to add it is ruched in the waist

if i don't get any takes on the dress by Wednesday i am taking the dress along with a matching bolero jacket over to the consignment shop as i have a lot closet cleaning i am doing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back