1075 users online (269 members and 806 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1

    Misrepresentations/Untruths/Gross Inconsistencies

    Here is a thread for only posting misrepresentations/untruths/gross inconsistencies. Please post a link to show the initial finding. Then also post the link showing the refutation.

    Misrepresentation: Lucas wrote that "The long sleeve T-shirt was wrapped loosely around neck" for the presser power point presentation. However, Rebecca's neck circumference was about ten and three quarter inches. The tee shirt sleeves were wrapped around the neck + the rope + the hair three times and knotted twice in front. The rope ligature and the tee shirt were cut off and removed for the autopsy. Yet despite this description Lucas stated on the the ME power point presentation done for the presser that "The long sleeve T-shirt was wrapped loosely around neck"

    http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/me-rz.pdf

    Refutation: As shown under bindings/ligatures on Rebecca's autopsy report Luccas wrote, that the two sleeves of a light blue long sleeve tee shirt were wrapped around Rebecca's neck three times and over the rope ligature which was also over her hair and then double knotted at the sleeve cuffs in the front of her neck. The body portion of the shirt fell down in front of her and the end had some dried secretions. Lucas noted that the circumfrence of the rope ligature equaled ten and three quarter inches. Both the tee shirt and rope were cut from her neck.

    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B54M...it?hl=en&pli=1

  2. #2

    SDSO misrepresented how Rebecca bound her hands

    SDSO also misrepresented how Rebecca bound her hands.

    Misrepresentation: In the San Diego Sheriff Department power point press release they stated that they concluded that, "She bound her feet, placed the rope and shirt around her neck, fashioned her wrist bindings and secured her hands behind her back" and "Rebecca moved out to the balcony, leaned foreward over the rail and fell"

    http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/rz.pdf

    Refutation: The San Diego Sheriff's Department misrepresented Rebecca's ability to bind her hands. In their demo video the police officer bound her hands without the accompanying impediments that they stated Rebecca had. The officer in the video did not have a noose over her hair or a long sleeve tee-shirt wrapped three times around her neck and knotted twice in front. She also did not have bound feet.

    The video showed that while she bound her hands both of her legs move to counterbalance her actions. However, Rebecca would not have been able to do that since her ankles were bound. The officer also stands up easily afterwards to transfer the binding behind her back. Rebecca would not have been able to do that either.

    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...police-officer

    Additional links

    Dr. Drew reacts to rope tying expert below:

    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-23-2016 at 01:51 AM. Reason: broken link

  3. #3

    SDSO Misrepresented How Rebecca was Found

    SDSO Misrepresented How Rebecca was Found

    Misrepresentation: The Medical Examiner power point presentation stated that Rebecca was, "Found Found hanging, fully suspended with ankels bound and hands bound behind back"

    http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/me-rz.pdf

    Refutation: Adam is the only person who claimed to see her hanging. When the police and fire department arrived they found her on the grass.

    Adam was given a LDT but the results were inconclusive. He never retested as was suggested. Adam's testimony is hearsay and therefore not reliable.

    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...ZTYzYmY5&hl=en

    Additional links below:

    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...-detector-test

    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...-detector-test

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    683
    Excellent thread. Thank you freespeech.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,603

    Rebecca and Adam were the ONLY two on the property

    Search warrant 11-164, 8/24/2011-

    Detective Angela Tsuida-

    The only people at the residence from the evening hours on July 12, 2011, to the morning hours of July 13, 2011, were Rebecca and Adam.

    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...ant_11-164.pdf

    ---

    Nina Romano's Interview 11/7/2011-

    Nina Romano-

    "I VOLUNTARILY told the detectives that I went by the mansion for a few minutes the night before at 10 p.m. but no one answered the door," Romano explained.

    http://www.cbs8.com/story/15941030/m...e-zahaus-death

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,981

    SDSO Misrepresented Whether Rebecca Could Have Been Unconscious

    From the SDSO powerpoint presentation on RZ's autopsy (page 4) they state

    No toxicological or physical evidence that she was rendered unconscious or incapacitated prior to the hanging.
    http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/me-rz.pdf

    Dr. Cyril Wecht, who autopsied RZ's body after exhumation, and forensic expert Dr. Lawrence Kobilinski both stated that the 4 hemorrhages beneath RZ's scalp were from substantial blows that could have rendered her unconscious.

    "You have something of a rounded, smooth surface that impacts against the scalp, thus not producing a laceration," Wecht said.

    Wecht said Zahau may have been knocked unconscious, which could explain why there are not defensive injuries on her body consistent with that of a struggle.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/coronado-ma...ry?id=14955832

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,603

    Rope - Unidentified DNA

    Only Rebecca's DNA was found on the rope, 11/17/2011

    SDSO spokesperson Jan Caldwell -

    After Rebecca checked her phone messages, it is believed she went to the garage and found a ski rope. She took that rope into the house and picked up two kitchen knives. In the bedroom, she cut sections of rope and tied them around the foot of the bed. She placed the end of the rope around her neck, and cut two sections to bind her feet and her hands. Only her DNA was found on the rope. Only her fingerprints were on the foot of the bed and the knives.

    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/...page=1#article

    ---

    Unidentified DNA was also recovered from the rope, 11/17/2011

    Sheriff's Crime Lab Director Michael Grubb -

    In addition to the fingernail sample, unidentified DNA also was recovered from the rope used in Zahau's alleged hanging; a large knife used to the cut the rope; the bed frame to which the rope was tied; a door knob on the balcony door; and a pair of black gloves found on a table in the mansion, Grubb said.

    http://www.760kfmb.com/story/1606801...nce-not-tested

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,603

    Sheriff Gore misrepresented the DNA findings from the rope

    Only Rebecca's DNA was found on the rope, 9/2/2011

    Sheriff Gore -

    I think it is important you have to look at the totality considering Rebecca's suicide. Only her DNA on the rope on the bindings, her fingerprints on the knife, her footprints on the balcony, nobody else's.

    http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html

    ---

    Unidentified DNA was also recovered from the rope, 11/17/2011

    Sheriff's Crime Lab Director Michael Grubb -

    In addition to the fingernail sample, unidentified DNA also was recovered from the rope used in Zahau's alleged hanging; a large knife used to the cut the rope; the bed frame to which the rope was tied; a door knob on the balcony door; and a pair of black gloves found on a table in the mansion, Grubb said.

    http://www.760kfmb.com/story/1606801...nce-not-tested

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,603

    Message on the door was and wasn't a suicide note?

    The message on the door wasn't released because it was considered a suicide note 9/2/2011-

    Reporter:
    Was there anything in her system, and in this case, given all the notoriety, why won't you release the message on the door?

    Sheriff Gore:
    In cases of suicide, law enforcement in general and this department in particular does not release the contents of suicide notes.

    http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html

    ---

    The message on the door wasn't a suicide note 9/2/2011-

    Sheriff Gore -

    Well it is difficult to say. It is not a clear suicide note. What's the word I'm looking for? It's a message I guess that's the best you can say.

    http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,603

    SDSO misrepresented Jonah's whereabouts

    Jonah was with his son during the time Rebecca died - 9/2/2011-

    Sheriff Gore -

    Gore:
    Yes. He was at children's hospital with his son.

    Gore:
    Yes we have confirmed his whereabouts at Children's Hospital.

    Reporter:
    Just to be clear, did you say Jonah Shacknai was at the Children's Hospital the whole time when the events occurred?

    Gore:
    During the evening we speculate she committed suicide we know Jonah Shacknai was at Rady Children's Hospital.


    http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html

    ---

    Jonah was at the Ronald McDonald House from 1:00am to 7:00am - per search warrant 11-164 probable cause -

    Detective Norton -

    He left the hospital around 0100 and went to the Ronald McDonald House.
    He returned to the hospital on July 13, 2011, at about 0700 hours.


    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...ant_11-164.pdf


  11. #11

    How did Rebecca get punctate wounds on her neck and upper buttocks?

    QUESTION:

    1.) How did Rebecca sustain many punctate, linear and slightly irregular abrasions on the back, extending from the neck to the mid buttocks if her thick, straight, well-groomed, dark brown scalp hair measuring approximately 18 inches was well within and underneath the ligature around the neck and her hands were tied behind her back.


    Rebecca Zahau Autopsy Report

    Page 3: "...Scattered superficial abrasions on her back and legs appeared consistent with impact with large plants under the balcony..."

    Page 4: "...She had a reddish-orange rope ligature around her neck and a blue piece of fabric, possibly a shirt, around the neck outside of the ligature. A portion of this shirt was reportedly originally in the decedent's mouth. The decedent's long hair passed between the skin of her neck and the rope ligature..."

    Page 5: "...The thick, straight, well-groomed, dark brown scalp hair measures up to approximately 18 inches. The hair is well within/underneath the ligature around the neck..."

    Page 8: "...There is a rope ligature around the neck and over the decedent's long hair...

    ...There is a light blue or turquoise long sleeve T-shirt also around the neck on top of/outside of the rope. It was fashioned by tying the two ends of the long sleeves together near the cuffs in a double knot. The sleeves are wrapped three times around the neck...

    ...Both the ligature and the shirt were marked, labelled, and cut in order to remove them from the neck... "

    Page 9: "...On the posterior right neck along the curvature of the left side of the trapeziod, there is a 3x3/8 inch, discontinuous, red abrasion..."

    Page 11: "...There are many punctate, linear and slightly irregular abrasions on the back, extending from the neck to the mid buttocks and from each side of the back to the other. They are slightly more concentrated on the right thoracic back, with other ill-defined groups across the lower lumbar back at the upper buttocks and on the left scapular and lateral mid thoracic back..."

    https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/ybIr7
    Last edited by freespeech; 09-08-2012 at 04:18 PM.

  12. #12

    Clarification

    Quote Originally Posted by freespeech View Post
    QUESTION:

    1.) How did Rebecca sustain many punctate, linear and slightly irregular abrasions on the back, extending from the neck to the mid buttocks if her thick, straight, well-groomed, dark brown scalp hair measuring approximately 18 inches was well within and underneath the ligature around the neck and her hands were tied behind her back.


    Rebecca Zahau Autopsy Report

    Page 3: "...Scattered superficial abrasions on her back and legs appeared consistent with impact with large plants under the balcony..."

    Page 4: "...She had a reddish-orange rope ligature around her neck and a blue piece of fabric, possibly a shirt, around the neck outside of the ligature. A portion of this shirt was reportedly originally in the decedent's mouth. The decedent's long hair passed between the skin of her neck and the rope ligature..."

    Page 5: "...The thick, straight, well-groomed, dark brown scalp hair measures up to approximately 18 inches. The hair is well within/underneath the ligature around the neck..."

    Page 8: "...There is a rope ligature around the neck and over the decedent's long hair...

    ...There is a light blue or turquoise long sleeve T-shirt also around the neck on top of/outside of the rope. It was fashioned by tying the two ends of the long sleeves together near the cuffs in a double knot. The sleeves are wrapped three times around the neck...

    ...Both the ligature and the shirt were marked, labelled, and cut in order to remove them from the neck... "

    Page 9: "...On the posterior right neck along the curvature of the left side of the trapeziod, there is a 3x3/8 inch, discontinuous, red abrasion..."

    Page 11: "...There are many punctate, linear and slightly irregular abrasions on the back, extending from the neck to the mid buttocks and from each side of the back to the other. They are slightly more concentrated on the right thoracic back, with other ill-defined groups across the lower lumbar back at the upper buttocks and on the left scapular and lateral mid thoracic back..."

    https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/ybIr7
    My point here was to show that she could not have received the injuries to the back of her neck/upper back and lower back/upper buttocks from the plants because her hair, tee shirt and bound hands covered these areas.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,603

    SDSO misrepresented blood evidence and did not test?

    SDSO states there was evidence Rebecca was on her menses or spotting at that time.

    SDSO website, FAQ section -

    Why didn’t we process the blood in the shower?

    The condition of the master bedroom lead investigators to believe Rebecca may have been in the shower during the time leading up to her death. The blood drop was very small, and there was evidence Rebecca was experiencing menstrual bleeding, or “spotting,” at the time. Similar blood drops were found outside the door leading to the guest room where the incident occurred. Those samples were tested, and they were found to be from Rebecca. Since the master bedroom is in another part of the mansion, and there was no evidence at the scene of the event suggesting anyone else was bleeding other than Rebecca, this item was not tested.


    http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/faq.html

    ---

    San Diego Medical Examiner Dr. Lucas does not indicate in Rebecca's autopsy report that she was experiencing her menses. Lucas does not mention anything about her endometrial lining indicating menstruation.

    Autopsy Report Page 14 or page 17 in the link supplied -

    Urogenital System: There is an intrauterine device in place. The vagina contains a small amount of blood. The endometrial cavity contains a small amount of blood and the endometrium itself is smooth and red-purple.


    http://www.scribd.com/doc/64114521/Reports

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Here and Now
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by *Lash* View Post
    Jonah was with his son during the time Rebecca died - 9/2/2011-

    Sheriff Gore -

    Gore:
    Yes. He was at children's hospital with his son.

    Gore:
    Yes we have confirmed his whereabouts at Children's Hospital.

    Reporter:
    Just to be clear, did you say Jonah Shacknai was at the Children's Hospital the whole time when the events occurred?

    Gore:
    During the evening we speculate she committed suicide we know Jonah Shacknai was at Rady Children's Hospital.


    http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html

    ---

    Jonah was at the Ronald McDonald House from 1:00am to 7:00am - per search warrant 11-164 probable cause -

    Detective Norton -

    He left the hospital around 0100 and went to the Ronald McDonald House.
    He returned to the hospital on July 13, 2011, at about 0700 hours.


    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...ant_11-164.pdf
    and DR was also not at the hospital per the timeline.

    July 12th around 8:00 AM Dina leaves the hospital. She goes back home to rest for 12 hours. 8 pm- 8 am

    Thus proving....No one was with ( poor ) Maxi- that night?




    http://www.atg.wa.gov/uploadedFiles/...ch/CMIIPDF.pdf


    In honor and memory of all victims of violence, and the disappeared.
    Especially
    ( KJ,TA, RZ, EC,LC, CA, MM,LI,IC,BW,LS,MP,DR)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,603
    Quote Originally Posted by iSleuth View Post
    and DR was also not at the hospital per the timeline.

    July 12th – around 8:00 AM Dina leaves the hospital. She goes back home to rest for 12 hours. 8 pm- 8 am

    Thus proving....No one was with ( poor ) Maxi- that night?
    Actually Dina left at 8:00 AM and alleges to have returned at 8:00 PM on Tuesday the 12th. We know there are discrepancies in the actual time Dina returned to the hospital Tuesday per Jonah's and and Nina's statements. According to Sheriff Gore, Dina was not seen on surveillance video. However, Dina claims to have been with Max at the hospital the entire night. Dina claims to have left the hospital the morning of the 13th, sometime after receiving the news of Rebecca's death from Jonah at 7:00 AM. According to Dina's statement to detectives, she would have been with Max the entire night.

    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...ant_11-164.pdf
    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...ina_romano.mp3
    http://www.phoenixmag.com/lifestyle/...ull-version/2/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Inconsistencies
    By maya.morgen in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 11:36 PM

Tags for this Thread