802 users online (99 members and 703 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Stolen Tampons Warning

Kimberly-Clark issues warning about stolen tampons

Tampons were supposed to be destroyed for failing inspection but instead could be re-sold to women

Published On: Sep 05 2012 09:15:39 AM EDT

DALLAS -
    Kimberly-Clark Corp. says thieves have stolen and sold some rejected tampons that may pose a health risk if used.

The Dallas-based consumer products company said some of its Kotex Natural Balance Security tampons failed the company's final inspection and were sent to an outside company to be destroyed. But at an unknown point they were stolen and the defective products were then sold to the public...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/K...z/-/index.html

Blood sucking thieves!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

There really are some things I don't buy off ebay. Feminine hygiene products are one of them.

Oh Good Lord is my only other thought...(can you imagine how carefully the PR officer worded the press release??)

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Those thieves are stupid.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by T4Tide View Post
    Blood sucking thieves!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

T4T thank you for that. I so needed a good belly laugh.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Ima git me some a them asbestos tampons.

ima git me somma them there cheapo thumbtack laden tampons
    Last edited by zippitydoda; 09-05-2012 at 08:57 PM.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

I needed this laugh today.. Thanks guys for posting. I guess we have a BOLO for tampons.

At the risk of sounding stuck up, I'm just too good for second rate tampons. :P

But really....... isn't it a little misleading to call a foreign object placed in your body "Natural Balance?"

I wouldn't buy anything from some dude operating out of the back of a van. Especially something like this.

Steely, your post reminds me of those meat sellers that come around, selling burgers and steaks out of the back of their truck - stored in coolers.

NO way I'd buy that. NO way at all.

Same thing with feminine hygiene.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    Steely, your post reminds me of those meat sellers that come around, selling burgers and steaks out of the back of their truck - stored in coolers.

NO way I'd buy that. NO way at all.

Same thing with feminine hygiene.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    How does someone explain how they got cases of tampons to sell?

Okay, here's a little story...

Remember the Rely Tampon debacle of the 1970's? Well, here's what happened to me.

I was living in an ittybitty coastal California town with a tiny market, one pump of gas with the post office attached to it. lol I had a little flirt going with the postmaster there, and he was sent far too many Rely Tampon samples. A huge case of them (a box that would easily hold a large microwave). And what did that sweetheart do? Yup, offered them to me. Heck yeah...

As I have always been one to bemoan the "female fees" of life: tampons, pantyhose (expensive disposable socks! like MEN would EVER fall for that carp! But at that time they were REQUIRED in the work place. ), makeup, dry cleaning that was more expensive, haircuts-- more expensive... But wages???>! You all know what I'm talking about.

Anyhoo, struggling college and aged as I was, I used nothing but those damnable things for MONTHS before they were recalled and it happened to coincide with my first exacerbation of MS-- I was a neurological mess. The Dr.s couldn't tell wth was going on, but when they issued the Toxic Shock information, we all suspected those bogus freebies. There was only one left... and I still have it. (I was a lethal tampon for Halloween that year-- applied spray paint as the evening wore on! My date was the Grim Reaper.)

Yeah, it's hard enough to trust the things that end up legitimately on the market, but if a company actually cops to a flaw big enough to take a loss on-- for certain! Don't use it!!

I suspect those 'pons ended up at a flea market. BuyerBewareville.

For those who don't know about the Rely Tampon affair-- here's an historical link for ye...

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rely_tampons[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    Okay, here's a little story...

Remember the Rely Tampon debacle of the 1970's? Well, here's what happened to me.

I was living in an ittybitty coastal California town with a tiny market, one pump of gas with the post office attached to it. lol I had a little flirt going with the postmaster there, and he was sent far too many Rely Tampon samples. A huge case of them (a box that would easily hold a large microwave). And what did that sweetheart do? Yup, offered them to me. Heck yeah...

As I have always been one to bemoan the "female fees" of life: tampons, pantyhose (expensive disposable socks! like MEN would EVER fall for that carp! But at that time they were REQUIRED in the work place. ), makeup, dry cleaning that was more expensive, haircuts-- more expensive... But wages???>! You all know what I'm talking about.

Anyhoo, struggling college and aged as I was, I used nothing but those damnable things for MONTHS before they were recalled and it happened to coincide with my first exacerbation of MS-- I was a neurological mess. The Dr.s couldn't tell wth was going on, but when they issued the Toxic Shock information, we all suspected those bogus freebies. There was only one left... and I still have it. (I was a lethal tampon for Halloween that year-- applied spray paint as the evening wore on! My date was the Grim Reaper.)

Yeah, it's hard enough to trust the things that end up legitimately on the market, but if a company actually cops to a flaw big enough to take a loss on-- for certain! Don't use it!!

I suspect those 'pons ended up at a flea market. BuyerBewareville.

For those who don't know about the Rely Tampon affair-- here's an historical link for ye...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rely_tampons

BBM

Are you mad that tampons were required in the workplace?

Yes!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast