Stolen Tampons Warning

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Kimberly-Clark issues warning about stolen tampons

Tampons were supposed to be destroyed for failing inspection but instead could be re-sold to women

Published On: Sep 05 2012 09:15:39 AM EDT

DALLAS -
Kimberly-Clark Corp. says thieves have stolen and sold some rejected tampons that may pose a health risk if used.

The Dallas-based consumer products company said some of its Kotex Natural Balance Security tampons failed the company's final inspection and were sent to an outside company to be destroyed. But at an unknown point they were stolen and the defective products were then sold to the public...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ns/-/1719418/16487868/-/13d6mdhz/-/index.html

Blood sucking thieves!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

There really are some things I don't buy off ebay. Feminine hygiene products are one of them.

Oh Good Lord is my only other thought...(can you imagine how carefully the PR officer worded the press release??)

Best-
Herding Cats

Those thieves are stupid. :crazy:

Blood sucking thieves!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

:floorlaugh:

T4T thank you for that. I so needed a good belly laugh.

ima git me somma them there cheapo thumbtack laden tampons

I needed this laugh today.. Thanks guys for posting. I guess we have a BOLO for tampons.

At the risk of sounding stuck up, I'm just too good for second rate tampons. :p

But really....... isn't it a little misleading to call a foreign object placed in your body "Natural Balance?"

I wouldn't buy anything from some dude operating out of the back of a van. Especially something like this.

Steely, your post reminds me of those meat sellers that come around, selling burgers and steaks out of the back of their truck - stored in coolers.

NO way I'd buy that. NO way at all.

Same thing with feminine hygiene.

Best-
Herding Cats

Steely, your post reminds me of those meat sellers that come around, selling burgers and steaks out of the back of their truck - stored in coolers.

NO way I'd buy that. NO way at all.

Same thing with feminine hygiene.

Best-
Herding Cats

How does someone explain how they got cases of tampons to sell?

Okay, here's a little story...

Remember the Rely Tampon debacle of the 1970's? Well, here's what happened to me.

I was living in an ittybitty coastal California town with a tiny market, one pump of gas with the post office attached to it. lol I had a little flirt going with the postmaster there, and he was sent far too many Rely Tampon samples. A huge case of them (a box that would easily hold a large microwave). And what did that sweetheart do? Yup, offered them to me. :) Heck yeah...

As I have always been one to bemoan the "female fees" of life: tampons, pantyhose (expensive disposable socks! like MEN would EVER fall for that carp! But at that time they were REQUIRED in the work place. :mad: ), makeup, dry cleaning that was more expensive, haircuts-- more expensive... But wages???>! You all know what I'm talking about. :maddening:

Anyhoo, struggling college and aged as I was, I used nothing but those damnable things for MONTHS before they were recalled and it happened to coincide with my first exacerbation of MS-- I was a neurological mess. The Dr.s couldn't tell wth was going on, but when they issued the Toxic Shock information, we all suspected those bogus freebies. There was only one left... and I still have it. :blushing: (I was a lethal tampon for Halloween that year-- applied spray paint as the evening wore on! My date was the Grim Reaper.)

Yeah, it's hard enough to trust the things that end up legitimately on the market, but if a company actually cops to a flaw big enough to take a loss on-- for certain! Don't use it!!

I suspect those 'pons ended up at a flea market. BuyerBewareville.

For those who don't know about the Rely Tampon affair-- here's an historical link for ye...

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rely_tampons[/ame]

:cool:

Remember the Rely Tampon debacle of the 1970's? Well, here's what happened to me.

I was living in an ittybitty coastal California town with a tiny market, one pump of gas with the post office attached to it. lol I had a little flirt going with the postmaster there, and he was sent far too many Rely Tampon samples. A huge case of them (a box that would easily hold a large microwave). And what did that sweetheart do? Yup, offered them to me. :) Heck yeah...

As I have always been one to bemoan the "female fees" of life: tampons, pantyhose (expensive disposable socks! like MEN would EVER fall for that carp! But at that time they were REQUIRED in the work place. :mad: ), makeup, dry cleaning that was more expensive, haircuts-- more expensive... But wages???>! You all know what I'm talking about. :maddening:

Anyhoo, struggling college and aged as I was, I used nothing but those damnable things for MONTHS before they were recalled and it happened to coincide with my first exacerbation of MS-- I was a neurological mess. The Dr.s couldn't tell wth was going on, but when they issued the Toxic Shock information, we all suspected those bogus freebies. There was only one left... and I still have it. :blushing: (I was a lethal tampon for Halloween that year-- applied spray paint as the evening wore on! My date was the Grim Reaper.)

Yeah, it's hard enough to trust the things that end up legitimately on the market, but if a company actually cops to a flaw big enough to take a loss on-- for certain! Don't use it!!

For those who don't know about the Rely Tampon affair-- here's an historical link for ye...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rely_tampons

BBM

Are you mad that tampons were required in the workplace? :what::waitasec:

So does this mean I should throw out the ones I bought from the guy behind SavALot today? Darn it, I knew $1 per box was too good to be true. :floorlaugh:

:waitasec: how does the co. know the thieves have sold them, as stated in the article?

anyway, these could be thieves working for, like, those one-person operated discount stores - you know the ones in the mini-malls ... where half of it is junk, damaged, supposedly discounted but really marked-up to more than you would pay anywhere else?

I think they get half of it from yard sales and the other half is stolen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rely_tampons

You must have those pictures from that halloween....surely. What a brillant idea, especially with spray paint as the evening wore on...and I thought my Energizer Bunny was a good one. Hilarious Quiche.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back