IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiw319

Reaction score
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers :(.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18

Scanner Thread : remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread

case map by poster hollye

NCMEC posters:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

NEW UPDATE! DCI EMAIL AND SIX TIPS TO LOOK FOR:
http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...case/-/9357080/16505396/-/th3cnp/-/index.html

Please remember the following when discussing the case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

bumping this up.. and this warning lands at random: several more posts that involved sleuthing the family have been removed just from today alone. From this point forth if you sleuth the family or post speculation about them you will be put on the timeout list. The rules are easy to follow. If you have any questions about them please pm a moderator. Again, this lands at random.

I haven't been following this thread closely, but did just have a thought I think is worth sharing.

From what I gather, the girls' bikes were lying across a pathway at the lake. If the girls had deliberately stopped at that spot to explore an area on foot, I imagine they would have parked the bikes to the side of the path, either lying down or resting against a tree. It doesn't make sense that they would have left them strewn on the path.

If that's the case, I'm envisioning the girls actually riding when someone suddenly stopped them, in which case the bikes would have been dropped right at the spot where the girls dismounted. If the abductor was someone known to the girls, I think the bikes would have been left to the side of the pathway. It seems that only a stranger (or strangers) would cause the girls to drop the bikes right where they were standing and then leave them there.

So, following this logic, it makes me think that the girls were forced away from their bikes by a stranger rather than just coerced by someone known (or unknown) to them. Hope I made all this clear enough.

image.jpg

549614_266633823455125_825011259_n.jpg

120803-cousins-pic.jpg

s-MISSINGIOWAGIRLSVIDEO-large.jpg

IowaCousins2-500x281.jpg

I hadn't realized Elizabeth had Glasses...

What Beautiful girl

WHERE ARE THEY!!!!!

Welcome aboard, Princessk! I look forward to your input...we very much need some "new eyes" on the old news here. :)

I really want to know if anyone out there knows how the timestamp mechanism works on the camera that shows the two cyclists. Is it analog or digital. Does it automatically adjust to daylight savings time or must it be manually operated. How accurate is that camera. Anyone want to take a crack at it? Otto? It is my new fixation...lol MOO

ETA: If there is a chance that this camera could be off by an hour and 8 minutes either way....that is a big deal IMO. I'm bringing this forward from the last thread so it doesn't get lost. Foxbluff brought it up initially. MOO

I really want to know if anyone out there knows how the time stamp mechanism works on the camera that shows the two cyclists. Is it analog or digital. Does it automatically adjust to daylight savings time or must it be manually operated. How accurate is that camera. Anyone want to take a crack at it? Otto? It is my new fixation...lol MOO

If the security Camera System is at the same date as the building.... :lol:

Just kidding...

It looks like a new system, and from what I know of my system at home the taping device is what will determine the Date. If it was VHS tapes, it will not auto update.
If it was DVR Disc it will auto update Time and Date only if you set it to...

ETA: if they have it Connected to the Internet to Remote view, it will auto update to the modem , Router or server.

image.jpg

View attachment 26477

View attachment 26478

s-MISSINGIOWAGIRLSVIDEO-large.jpg

IowaCousins2-500x281.jpg

I hadn't realized Elizabeth had Braces and Glasses...

What Beautiful girl

WHERE ARE THEY!!!!!

bbm

Me either! Is it possible the glasses she's wearing are sunglasses? I can't tell.

I didn't see any photos showing braces, but then again there were two photos that I couldn't make out at all. Hmmm...it could be I need to adjust my glasses. LOL

If the security Camera System is at the same date as the building.... :lol:

Just kidding...

It looks like a new system, and from what I know of my system at home the taping device is what will determine the Date. If it was VHS tapes, it will not auto update.
If it was DVR Disc it will auto update Time and Date only if you set it to...

ETA: if they have it Connected to the Internet to Remote view, it will auto update to the modem , Router or server.

Hmmm....so if Pahl said it does NOT match his US Cellular phone....Wouldn't it match if it was connected to the internet modem? Isn't the internet based on the same thing, i.e., satellite or something?

I really want to know if anyone out there knows how the timestamp mechanism works on the camera that shows the two cyclists. Is it analog or digital. Does it automatically adjust to daylight savings time or must it be manually operated. How accurate is that camera. Anyone want to take a crack at it? Otto? It is my new fixation...lol MOO

ETA: If there is a chance that this camera could be off by an hour and 8 minutes either way....that is a big deal IMO. I'm bringing this forward from the last thread so it doesn't get lost. Foxbluff brought it up initially. MOO

IIRC, the time the girls are seen on the video fits in generally with the last time Gma saw them. I think if the camera was an hour off, LE would have mentioned it, because that would put the girls on the video an hour after Gma last saw them.

Unless I'm missing something here:waitasec:

bbm

Me either! Is it possible the glasses she's wearing are sunglasses? I can't tell.

I didn't see any photos showing braces, but then again there were two photos that I couldn't make out at all. Hmmm...it could be I need to adjust my glasses. LOL

:nevermind:

Hmmm....so if Pahl said it does NOT match his US Cellular phone....Wouldn't it match if it was connected to the Internet modem? Isn't the Internet based on the same thing, i.e., satellite or something?

IF he has the Cameras Hook to a Server which would allow them to view from the Internet it would auto update.

HOWEVER, I don't think they did because he said it was off 8 minutes.

The really weird thing is, that type of camera is a,

AP-138CT
Hi Resolution Weatherproof Infrared Camera

That has a Night Vision and 771(h) X 492 (v) <NTSC>

With a 150 feet range.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO I am wonder why the Picture isn't clear of the girls...

Not saying anyone smudged their image... Just saying MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IIRC, the time the girls are seen on the video fits in generally with the last time Gma saw them. I think if the camera was an hour off, LE would have mentioned it, because that would put the girls on the video an hour after Gma last saw them.

Didnt gma originally report she last saw them at 11.30?

True. Unless they haven't mentioned it, which is possible because there are a lot of things they have not mentioned. If the clock in the camera is off by an hour...it could timestamp it at the time GMA last saw the the girls....and perhaps no one looked to see whether it had ever been adjusted to time changes, i.e., it would appear normal but not be in actuality. It could really be 11:11 or 1:11 in real time, but stamping an hour off at 12:11. I hope that is clear..sort of...

Quote:
Well, honestly I think they thought that since there were two that hadn't come home at lunchtime, during the summer, out biking, etc., the girls were just wandering around losing track of time and didn't take the families concern quite that seriously. Then, they began to think that the girls probably drowned..and they did, to their credit, bring in the FBI (which indicates that they were considering something more complex).

If your 'they' is the family why would they immediately think the girls drowned since they said the girls didnt go to the lake?
Not being snarky..... just asking a question.

Quote:

If your 'they' is the family why would they immediately think the girls drowned since they said the girls didnt go to the lake?
Not being snarky..... just asking a question.

I personally do not find it unusual that they would.

Bodies of water are like magnets to children.

What I do find odd, however, is that they DIDN'T FIND THEM as they started searching at 12.30.

That, to me at least, implies the girls were already GONE.

Which also fits in to the camera time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member