Former Member
Reaction score
:banghead:

Third-grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: Sept. 5, 2012 at 03:20 p.m.
Updated: Sept. 5, 2012 at 03:43 p.m.

...A third-grade student in Greeley, Colorado was told he could not wear a Peyton Manning jersey to school because, well ...

"They told me I couldn't wear 18 anymore because it's a gang number and I had to take it off," Konnor Vanatta told FOX31 in Denver....

sigh. Where do I start?

I just KNEW there was something off about that Peyton. And it's not because I am a Florida fan.

Doggone it- Peyton's a gangbanger! Lol.

To think I used to be a Peyton Manning fan. You just never know any more. Peyton would be a swell guy and a great football player if only he'd change that jersey number.

Seriously, where has common sense gone these days ?? And why tell that to a little boy ?? If there IS an issue, let him wear the shirt and send a note home, explaining the policy.

So what is two times nine these days? Is the maths teacher in trouble?

Things like this kill me!!! It's a JERSEY being worn by a third grader!!! It's not like he went in with that number tattooed all over his little face trying to recruit! Grrr.. I just get so angry over petty, innocent things being turned into a big deal.

Greeley, Colorado has an enormous gang problem. Gangs recruit as young as 6 and 7 years old. Gang initiates are sometimes brutally beaten and usually introduced into crime to benefit the gangs even at those early ages. "Colors" can often get you killed if you happen into a rival gang turf. Even a third grader is not immune. I spent 12 years working alongside gang suppression officers. I attended gang seminars and witnessed the aftermath of gang initiations. I, personally, applaud those who are trying to reach out to kids in elementary schools to try to break the gang stranglehold obvious in the area of Greeley. The attached article has some insight into the area and the problems being addressed:

GANGS IN GREELEY: Living in a gang neighborhood

"Fighting Back"

Sociologist Carlie supports the idea that neighborhood traits that foster gang activity can be reversed -- but only if residents are willing to take up the cause.

In other words, rather than barricading themselves inside after sunset, Carlie encourages people in gang-saturated areas to start Neighborhood Watch programs, explore ideas for more youth activities and arrange meetings with police."

"...As they gathered near the yellow tape, a couple of them exchanged banter about their gang ties.

"My cousin's in a gang," said 10-year-old Jasmine Vizcaino, who said her cousin in a member of the Sureños.

A boy who claims his brother is with the Norteños fires back: "He's lucky my brother is on the ankle monitor."

http://www.jrrobertssecurity.com/security-news/security-crime-news0068.htm

Gang Affiliated Sports Team Apparel or Logos
Atlanta Braves: People- initial “A” for Almighty
Boston Celtics: Spanish Cobras - Colors - Green/Black
British Knights: Crips - initials “B” & “K” for Blood Killers
Burger King: Crips - initials “B” & “K” for Blood Killers
Charlotte Hornets: 4 Corner Hustlers - initials “C” & “H”
Charlotte Hornets: Imperial Gangsters - Colors - Black/Pink
Chicago Bulls: Vice Lords, Latin Counts, Mickey Cobras - colors - Black/Red
Chicago Bulls: Black Peace Stone Nation - “Bulls” stands for “Boy You Look Like Stone”
Chicago Black Hawks: Vice Lords - Colors - Black/Red
Chicago Cubs: Spanish Cobras - initial “C”
Cincinnati Reds: 4 Corner Hustlers - put a “4″ next to the “C” and an “H” inside of the “C”
Colorado Rockies: Simon City Royals - sometimes place a white “S” in front of the “C”
Columbia Knights: Bloods - initials “C” & “K” for Crip Killer
Converse All Star shoe: People - five point star in the logo of label
Dallas Cowboys: People - five point star
Denver Broncos: Black Disciples switch “DB” for initials “BD”
Detroit Lions: Gangster Disciples - Colors - Black/Blue
Detroit Tigers: Folks - initial “D” for Disciples
Detroit Tigers: Gangster Disciples - Colors: Black/Blue
Duke: Folks - Colors - Black/Blue; “Duke” = “Disciples Utilizing Knowledge Everyday”
Georgetown: Folks - initial “G” for Gangster
Georgetown Hoyas: Gangster Disciples - Colors: Black/Blue; “Hoyas” stands for “Hoover’s On Your *advertiser censored*” (Larry Hoover)
Georgia Tech: Folks - initial “G” for Gangster
Indiana University: Imperial Gangsters - initials “I” & “U” overlapping appear to make the shape of a pitchfork showing “Folks” affiliation
Kansas City Royals: Folks - Colors: Black/Blue
Kansas City Royals: Simon City Royals - “Royals”
LA Dodgers: Gangster Disciples - initial “D” for Disciples
LA Kings: Latin Kings - “Kings”
LA Kings: People - “Kings” stands for “Kill Inglewood Nasty Gangsters”
Los Angeles Raiders: Folks - “Raiders” stands for “Ruthless *advertiser censored* Insane Disciples Running ****”
Los Angeles Raiders: People - “Raiders” stands for “Raggedy *advertiser censored* Iced Donuts Everywhere Running Scared”: used to “Disrespect” Folks
Louis Vitton Cap: Vice Lords Initials “LV” reversed
Miami Hurricanes: People - Color -Orange
Michigan: Initial “M” for Maniac Latin Disciples
Minnesota Twins: Initial “M” for Maniac Latin Disciples
NY Yankees: Gangster Disciples Colors - Black/Blue/White
North Carolina Tar Heels: Folks - Colors - Black/Blue
Nike: Folks - Colors - Black/Blue
Oakland A’s: Ambrose - initial “A” for Ambrose
Oakland A’s: Orchestra Albany Initials “O” & “A”
Oakland A’s: Spanish Cobras - Color - Green
Orlando Magic: Folks - “Magic” stands for “Maniacs and Gangsters in Chicago”; Colors - Black/Blue represents numerous “Folks” gangs
Philadelphia Phillies: People - initial “P” for “People”
Phoenix Suns: Black Peace Stone Nation - initials “P” & “S”
Pittsburgh Pirates: Colors - Black/Gold for Latin Kings; Bloods - Initial “P”; for Pirus (Bloods)
San Francisco Giants: Folks - switch initials for “Super Gangster Folk”
San Francisco Giants: Future Stones Initials “S” & “F” spelled backwards San Francisco (Any) Stone Freaks Initials “S” & “F”
St. Louis Cardinals: Spanish Vice Lords - red-colored hat
Starter Symbol: Folks - crack the five point star to disrespect the “People”
Starter Symbol: People - five point star
Texas Rangers: People - initial “T” looks like pitchfork pointing down
University of Illinois: Folks - initials “U” & “I” together appear to be a pitchfork pointing up
University of Nevada at Las Vegas: (UNLV ) -Vice Lords Colors: Red/Black; “UNLV” backwards stands for “Vice Lords Nation United”

http://www.corrections.com/news/article/23317-gang-clothing-your-favorite-sports-team

More here:

http://www.ncgangcops.org/archives/Team%20Logos.pdf

Sports Colors Say More Than You Think Gangs use sports caps to identify themselves Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Sports-Colors-Say-More-Than-You-Think-99297664.html#ixzz26AjFjZs4

Greeley gang violence frustrates community members

"GREELEY — Five gang-related shooting incidents — one in which an officer killed a man suspected of taking part in gang-related gunfire on Father's Day — may be enough to kick-start what some would say is a necessary community conversation.
"I'm really upset," said Art Terrazas, who has worked to end gangs and gang violence for several years. "We're losing kids, whether they're 10 or 26, like the guy that got shot Friday. It's idiotic."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21007518/greeley-gang-violence-frustrates-community-members

Peyton Manning jerseys barred under Colorado school district's dress code

"The district has had an anti-gang dress code since at least the 2008-09 school year, forbidding students from wearing blue and red shirts, belts and shoe laces. They are also prohibited from wearing jerseys with the numbers 18, 13 and 14 — the latter two because of their association with the Sureño and Norteño gangs — and the reverse numbers, 31, 41 and 81.
Student must not have shaved or notched eyebrows; cannot wear red or blue "Dickies" or "Southpole" brand pants, shorts or shirts; or red or blue
bandana or any color bandana that is draped on clothing or hanging out of a pocket.
The purpose, Fiedler said, is to minimize gang activity in school.
"Since we did put this in place, we have had a reduction in the reports or incidents of students displaying gang attire and affiliation, he said.
The 18th Street gang is still a menace in the community, according to prosecutors."

It might be easier to list which letters and colors are not banned.

It might be easier to list which letters and colors are not banned.

Uniforms solve all kinds of problems. I wish all schools would adopt them although I know that, too, is often met with objections.

Geez - they would HATE to see where I work (Peyton Manning Children's Hospital) There are #18s EVERYWHERE. :)

Geez - they would HATE to see where I work (Peyton Manning Children's Hospital) There are #18s EVERYWHERE. :)

It's such a shame that kids have to grow up not being able to just be kids and wear what they want. It's rewarding to me to see the parents who so desperately want a better life for their kids getting help to turn their neighborhoods around.

Gang Affiliated Sports Team Apparel or Logos
Atlanta Braves: People- initial “A” for Almighty
Boston Celtics: Spanish Cobras - Colors - Green/Black
British Knights: Crips - initials “B” & “K” for Blood Killers
Burger King: Crips - initials “B” & “K” for Blood Killers
Charlotte Hornets: 4 Corner Hustlers - initials “C” & “H”
Charlotte Hornets: Imperial Gangsters - Colors - Black/Pink
Chicago Bulls: Vice Lords, Latin Counts, Mickey Cobras - colors - Black/Red
Chicago Bulls: Black Peace Stone Nation - “Bulls” stands for “Boy You Look Like Stone”
Chicago Black Hawks: Vice Lords - Colors - Black/Red
Chicago Cubs: Spanish Cobras - initial “C”
Cincinnati Reds: 4 Corner Hustlers - put a “4″ next to the “C” and an “H” inside of the “C”
Colorado Rockies: Simon City Royals - sometimes place a white “S” in front of the “C”
Columbia Knights: Bloods - initials “C” & “K” for Crip Killer
Converse All Star shoe: People - five point star in the logo of label
Dallas Cowboys: People - five point star
Denver Broncos: Black Disciples switch “DB” for initials “BD”
Detroit Lions: Gangster Disciples - Colors - Black/Blue
Detroit Tigers: Folks - initial “D” for Disciples
Detroit Tigers: Gangster Disciples - Colors: Black/Blue
Duke: Folks - Colors - Black/Blue; “Duke” = “Disciples Utilizing Knowledge Everyday”
Georgetown: Folks - initial “G” for Gangster
Georgetown Hoyas: Gangster Disciples - Colors: Black/Blue; “Hoyas” stands for “Hoover’s On Your *advertiser censored*” (Larry Hoover)
Georgia Tech: Folks - initial “G” for Gangster
Indiana University: Imperial Gangsters - initials “I” & “U” overlapping appear to make the shape of a pitchfork showing “Folks” affiliation
Kansas City Royals: Folks - Colors: Black/Blue
Kansas City Royals: Simon City Royals - “Royals”
LA Dodgers: Gangster Disciples - initial “D” for Disciples
LA Kings: Latin Kings - “Kings”
LA Kings: People - “Kings” stands for “Kill Inglewood Nasty Gangsters”
Los Angeles Raiders: Folks - “Raiders” stands for “Ruthless *advertiser censored* Insane Disciples Running ****”
Los Angeles Raiders: People - “Raiders” stands for “Raggedy *advertiser censored* Iced Donuts Everywhere Running Scared”: used to “Disrespect” Folks
Louis Vitton Cap: Vice Lords Initials “LV” reversed
Miami Hurricanes: People - Color -Orange
Michigan: Initial “M” for Maniac Latin Disciples
Minnesota Twins: Initial “M” for Maniac Latin Disciples
NY Yankees: Gangster Disciples Colors - Black/Blue/White
North Carolina Tar Heels: Folks - Colors - Black/Blue
Nike: Folks - Colors - Black/Blue
Oakland A’s: Ambrose - initial “A” for Ambrose
Oakland A’s: Orchestra Albany Initials “O” & “A”
Oakland A’s: Spanish Cobras - Color - Green
Orlando Magic: Folks - “Magic” stands for “Maniacs and Gangsters in Chicago”; Colors - Black/Blue represents numerous “Folks” gangs
Philadelphia Phillies: People - initial “P” for “People”
Phoenix Suns: Black Peace Stone Nation - initials “P” & “S”
Pittsburgh Pirates: Colors - Black/Gold for Latin Kings; Bloods - Initial “P”; for Pirus (Bloods)
San Francisco Giants: Folks - switch initials for “Super Gangster Folk”
San Francisco Giants: Future Stones Initials “S” & “F” spelled backwards San Francisco (Any) Stone Freaks Initials “S” & “F”
St. Louis Cardinals: Spanish Vice Lords - red-colored hat
Starter Symbol: Folks - crack the five point star to disrespect the “People”
Starter Symbol: People - five point star
Texas Rangers: People - initial “T” looks like pitchfork pointing down
University of Illinois: Folks - initials “U” & “I” together appear to be a pitchfork pointing up
University of Nevada at Las Vegas: (UNLV ) -Vice Lords Colors: Red/Black; “UNLV” backwards stands for “Vice Lords Nation United”

http://www.corrections.com/news/article/23317-gang-clothing-your-favorite-sports-team

More here:

http://www.ncgangcops.org/archives/Team%20Logos.pdf

Sports Colors Say More Than You Think Gangs use sports caps to identify themselves Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Sports-Colors-Say-More-Than-You-Think-99297664.html#ixzz26AjFjZs4

:thumb: Nothing Buffalo Bills related.

This is why I hate "blanket" no tolerance policies. There are always going to be innocent people who get in trouble for not even having a CLUE that something falls under a no tolerance policy.

This is why I hate "blanket" no tolerance policies. There are always going to be innocent people who get in trouble for not even having a CLUE that something falls under a no tolerance policy.

I think it's more how they're dealt with. This kid could have been told not to wear it anymore in school instead of being told to take it off. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back