France - Five shot, four dead in French Alps, may have int'l ramifications #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drella

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Four people have been found shot dead in peaceful surroundings near a lake in south-east France, local officials say.

The bodies of two women and a man were found in a British-registered BMW car near Lake Annecy, in the Haute Savoie region, they said.

A cyclist was reportedly found dead nearby. A critically injured girl under 10 years old was also found.

The nationality of the victims has not yet been established.

Lake Annecy is a popular tourist destination known for its swimming and water sports.

The cyclist who came across the grisly scene at about 16:00 local time (14:00 GMT) is said to be in shock.

The UK Foreign Office said it was aware of reports of the shootings and was looking into them urgently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19494892

The police at first reported the young girl had died. Taking some time to sort things out in this one. Possibly a robbery/carjacking gone badly wrong; possibly something even more bizarre.

France shooting: Four dead after gun attack on British car in French Alps near Grenoble (Telegraph)
---
Three of the bodies were found inside a British-registered BMW estate car, while the body of a male cyclist was found nearby in what was described as a “dramatic” crime scene.

The girl was found seriously injured next to the car when emergency crews arrived at the woodland car park near Chevaline, close to Lake Annecy in the French Alps.
---
A British cyclist is understood to have discovered the bodies at 3.50pm yesterday. One police source said the cyclist had “stumbled across a massacre”, adding that the dead appeared to have been victims of a “deliberate assassination”.
---
more at the link

France shooting: Bodies found in 'UK car' near Annecy (BBC News)
---
The area has now been sealed off by some 60 police, who have started a criminal investigation into what they are calling a multiple murder.
---
Eric Maillaud, the investigating prosecutor from Annecy, said, "We haven't yet been able to establish the nationality of the victims. For the moment we have not been able to establish a theory about what has happened here."

The car park where the bodies were found is in a quiet, forested area in the foothills of the Alps.
---
more, with a video, at link above

Unreal. Eight hours! Poor girl :(

A four-year-old girl was found alive last night inside a British-registered BMW hiding beneath the corpses of three British victims of a fatal shooting spree in the French Alps, police said.

Police officers found the girl hiding among the dead bodies of a man and two women, thought to include her parents and grandmother, after being called to the massacre in the Haute-Savoie region.

Eric Maillaud, the Annecy prosecutor, said that when forensic officers began a detailed examination they found the girl who had remained hiding, silently, in terror, for up to eight hours.

"When the investigators got into the car they discovered a little girl, who was frozen still and uninjured," he said.

More at link
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...irl-found-alive-hiding-under-dead-bodies.html

So sad isnt it,those poor kids.
I must say,i dont think this was a robbery/hijacking,if that was the case id reckon only a few shots would be fired.
It does sound to me like an arranged hit or similar as i heard on the news that 60 shell casings have been found.
Plus everyone in the car was shot at and even an accidental witness..
And why were both women in the back seat of the vehicle and the guy upfront on his own?,was one of the girls upfront?,or did he meet someone and they jumped into pasenger seat for a chat??.
All just speculation on my part.

'I didn't know who the good guys or bad guys were': How British girl, 4, froze in fear while hiding for eight hours under bodies of mother, father and grandmother gunned down in car at French Alps beauty spot

• Police failed to discover the terrified youngster until midnight

• She was found hiding underneath her mother's legs

• Two other bodies are believed to be those of her father and grandmother

• Her older sister, 8, is fighting for her life in hospital under police guard

• Three of the corpses were in a car parked in a forest lay-by in hills next to Lake Annecy

• They were staying at same campsite as another British family who reported their disappearance

• Male cyclist found dead nearby with gunshot wounds

• Armed police were last night seen surrounding the Grenoble hospital where the single young survivor of the attack was in an intensive care unit

more at the link with photos

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eoId=&hasBCVideo=true&BCVideoID=1825099898001

This site has some live updates. The 7 (or 8?) year old girl was not shot but beaten and has a fractured skull. She seems to be out of danger now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/06/french-alps-shooting-live

I think it was a car robbery by a bunch of amateurs who panicked when the cyclist came. There seems to be too many tourists and cyclists there for a drug deal, but still too early to tell I guess.

I still think it's mob related. Now knowing that the 8 year old was beaten instead of shot makes me even more convinced. Mobsters don't usually assissinate children. I think they may have just wanted to shut her up, imo

I'm confused about the vehicle. What vehicle were they in? Earlier reports said a BMW. Now they're saying a caravan?

Daily Mail said:
The motive for the carnage remained a mystery last night.

The ferocity of the attack – and the apparent attempt to leave no witnesses – suggested it may have been the work of a professional assassin.

Somehow, I don't believe this.

If what the little 4 year old said is true, not knowing who the good guys or bad guys were, it is my opinion that the assassins spoke to the children and told them to keep quiet. Perhaps the little 7 year old was too loud and she got hit whilst the little 4 year old did what she was told (??)

Again, just speculation on my part. IMO, this was a planned assassination.

So sad and horrible especially for the 2 little girls who witnessed it all. I hope and pray they will be guarded and protected. :(

The little girl using plural leads me to believe there were more than one.

I think it was a car robbery by a bunch of amateurs who panicked when the cyclist came. There seems to be too many tourists and cyclists there for a drug deal, but still too early to tell I guess.[/QUOTE]

Its actually a good place for a Drug Deal in my opinion although i dont think thats what it was,maybe a 'business' meeting but not a deal.

It does sound like an assasination but again i dont think it was professional..

Why the girl was beaten is beyond me,unless the child was being beaten in front of family to get them to 'talk' or similar?..

Its now being said the family may have been from Iraq or similar?,it could well be just a random rascist attack,there is some mad right wing folk in over there..

Im typing as i listen to the news sorry peeps..

There are also some conflicting reports that the family camped with another family (??) Is that true? Where is the other family?

I still think it's mob related. Now knowing that the 8 year old was beaten instead of shot makes me even more convinced. Mobsters don't usually assissinate children. I think they may have just wanted to shut her up, imo

I'm confused about the vehicle. What vehicle were they in? Earlier reports said a BMW. Now they're saying a caravan?

Would the mob be involved if the family weren't from the area?
Wouldn't it be more hassle to follow someone abroad and kill them there, rather than waiting for them to come back?

Certainly sounds like more than one perp,shell casings at car but the cyclist died from a shotgun wound?,thats 2 diff weapons to me.

I dont think they stumbled upon a drug deal,and if they did i doubt they would have been killed in this manner,threatened yes but thats a lot of gun shots in a small popular area and its a single? track road from car park back out,i just dont see it...

I in my opinion think that the girl being beaten is significant in this.

No, the article said they had been using - ie staying in - a caravan at the campsite. For non-Brits, a caravan is the generic term in the UK for a travel trailer towed behind a vehicle. It could have been theirs or it could belong to the campsite and be rented out to holidaymakers staying there.

Would the mob be involved if the family weren't from the area?
Wouldn't it be more hassle to follow someone abroad and kill them there, rather than waiting for them to come back?

Mobs have ties all over the place,it helps in business to have contacts in other countries..
If its a british mob hit it could be they contacted there associates over there to sort out a problem?,it saves sending someone from here having to leave the country etc to do the hit and risk being flagged up at an airport etc.Also means whoever ordered the hit is safe and sound back home with a watertight alibi..

I believe it was the other family they camped with that reported them missing..

Again im just speculating folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member