Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Another possibility is that the dog grabbed/crushed his skull and the bite marks were hidden by the kids hair.

Possible but still seems like a real long shot as that type of super clean kill bite would be expected from a really efficient predator (like a wolf, or a big cat). I just don't see a domesticated dog intentionally killing a child that cleanly.

Every serious dog attack I have heard of, even involving infants, was quite bloody. Sometimes small animals like cats and such are killed without blood (though they do have fur to cover wounds) but a 4 year old child? Human skin is thin and bruises/tears pretty easily.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:

I don't know, seems to me like the information about the dog is coming from the child's aunt? None of this sounds right to me.

"His mother jumped in the shower while his aunt and uncle, it would have been his great aunt and uncle, was watching him and apparently he wandered outside. In a ten minute span the dog attacked him," said Cason's Aunt Tabitha Smith.
    But he wasn't found for 3 hours--how does she know how long the dog took to attack? Where is this dog?

Editing--I guess she may mean the mother's shower only took 10 minutes....

At the end of the article,
    The GBI says there were no witnesses on the scene who would be able to determine what kind of dog killed the young boy.
    http://www.walb.com/story/19470723/m...his-front-yard

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to michmi For This Useful Post:

http://www.walb.com/story/19470723/u...-in-dog-attack

"His mother jumped in the shower while his aunt and uncle, it would have been his great aunt and uncle, was watching him and apparently he wandered outside. In a ten minute span the dog attacked him," said Cason's Aunt Tabitha Smith.....

The GBI says there were no witnesses on the scene who would be able to determine what kind of dog killed the young boy.

Also, the video with link that says search is on for a killer dog who mauled a 4 yo boy to death.....

ETA michmi, you must have posted while I was typing.
    I assumed when the mother got out of the shower, they started searching and would have seen if the dog was still there. Probably when they opened the door, the dog ran away?
    Last edited by watcher9; 09-06-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: ETA

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to watcher9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
    Also, the video with link that says search is on for a killer dog who mauled a 4 yo boy to death.....
    Yeah well since the GBI is involved I expect any accused "killer dogs, or large suspected killer dogs" will have DNA tests done to confirm.

The whole "it happened in 10 minutes" thing also strikes me as suspicious, nice convenient short amount of time to explain. Yes we were watching him, and he wandered out somehow, I don't know how he got out exactly but I am sure he was missing for 10 minutes".
    Last edited by Sonya610; 09-06-2012 at 10:35 PM.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post
    I don't know, seems to me like the information about the dog is coming from the child's aunt? None of this sounds right to me.

But he wasn't found for 3 hours--how does she know how long the dog took to attack? Where is this dog?

Editing--I guess she may mean the mother's shower only took 10 minutes....

At the end of the article,

http://www.walb.com/story/19470723/m...his-front-yard
    I fthe attack came from a neighbor's dog... There might possibly be "evidence" (sorry to type that) on the dog, in the dog's mouth, etc.?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Ok, I understand kids get out without you knowing. But this just sounds too hinky to me. It took 3 hours to find him, but since a dog attack has been mentioned, all of a sudden everyone says, yeah, it only took 10 minutes before we noticed he was missing.

I don't want to sound cold and bitter, but something is just not right here.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RT51 For This Useful Post:

My next question: Does this Great Aunt and Uncle live there, or were they visiting? If I was visiting, and was asked to watch the child while Mom took a shower, I would consider myself responsible and stick to this child like glue.

I know when my Granddaughter (15 mos) comes over, she is never out of my sight and never will be when I'm alone with her. Maybe I'm just over concerned, but under my watch...

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RT51 For This Useful Post:

Someone commented earlier in this thread that the picture of Brayton we have been seeing makes it appear as if his right arm might be in a sling, under his shirt. Don't know that's so, but ... if it was in a sling, and if it were a recent enough picture that he still had a sling when he went missing: He could have been somewhat incapacitated in trying to run, fend off an attack, get back up if knocked to the ground, etc.

Some dogs have a really weird reaction to anything that looks "different" about a person -- such as an arm in a sling, maybe. A family member of mine had a great big lovable dog that loved everybody, pretty much -- but once, they encountered a child wearing leg braces and the dog just about went nuts. Didn't attack the child -- just wasn't that sort of dog -- but did get very agitated and bark incessantly, etc., very unusual behavior for the dog.

I don't get the no mention of bite marks. As others have said, all I can think is there are some and they just have not been mentioned -- or a large dog just knocked down and/or tossed this poor child around enough to cause some type of head or internal injury, or maybe even some sort of cardiac event (from fear/stress) ...?

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:

Hmmm...this is supposedly a small town where everyone knows everyone's business yet nobody has a clue what dog could have attacked? Nobody heard anything or saw anything at all? Seems unbelievable to me, I don't buy it.

I mean...did they look for him at all? Just called 911 immediately? You would think even if the grass was long, grass would be trampled from a dog attack?

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMom View Post
    Sounds more like an attack from a deer or billy goat than a dog. (If an animal even really was involved).

I have been bitten by a dog and it was a nasty wound - one bite by my own dog who was in a fight with another dog. It did not tear my shirt but ripped my side wide open.
    Good point never thought of that. A deer attack would be brutal....and bruising from the head butts and stomping. Attached video...starts out very cute, but shows how deadly they can be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=ADGn1GABF0Q

I was bit in the face after being penned against the side of the back porch during a dog fight. I was only about 5 so the scar healed nicely, but it was terrifying.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

A deer attack would be more believable than a dog attack. I am surprised that no one saw a strange dog running loose in the area and no one reported their dog missing. Dogs in that area don't have to be licensed and I don't think there is a leash law either. But I would think that most people would know what dogs run loose in their neighborhood. Houses are kind of far apart and its near a lake. Seems like there would be some dog tracks around and some smashed down grass if a scuffle took place. Also, they said the body was 25 feet from the house. Why didn't someone hear the boy scream and the dog growling. No searchers saw a dog in the area? Not even the helicopter? What reason would the dog have to attack and kill the little boy? It is obvious that the dog didn't try to eat him. So, I don't think it would be from hunger. This is just a strange case.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    they said the body was 25 feet from the house.
    Did they even look for this poor child? How on earth did it take them three hours to find him if he was that close?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepinkdragon For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Authorities are declaring Roland's death as a homicide, and are still investigating who may be the dog's owner.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/19475036/boy-4-found-dead-after-search-in-southwest-ga?clienttype=printable

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Authorities are declaring Roland's death as a homicide, and are still investigating who may be the dog's owner.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/19475036/boy-4-found-dead-after-search-in-southwest-ga?clienttype=printable
    I haven't had my coffee yet, but...say what? Is this a typo on their part?

ETA: Had some coffee now and see this is from yesterday, and it appears they just did a crummy job of updating the article.
    Last edited by CarrieBean; 09-07-2012 at 08:42 AM.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

Details on his injuries might put this all to rest. I wish LE would release a more detailed statement.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast