Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Missing 4 year old boy Brayton Cason Roland

Hmmm...this is supposedly a small town where everyone knows everyone's business yet nobody has a clue what dog could have attacked? Nobody heard anything or saw anything at all? Seems unbelievable to me, I don't buy it.

I mean...did they look for him at all? Just called 911 immediately? You would think even if the grass was long, grass would be trampled from a dog attack?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMom View Post
    Sounds more like an attack from a deer or billy goat than a dog. (If an animal even really was involved).

I have been bitten by a dog and it was a nasty wound - one bite by my own dog who was in a fight with another dog. It did not tear my shirt but ripped my side wide open.
    Good point never thought of that. A deer attack would be brutal....and bruising from the head butts and stomping. Attached video...starts out very cute, but shows how deadly they can be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=ADGn1GABF0Q

I was bit in the face after being penned against the side of the back porch during a dog fight. I was only about 5 so the scar healed nicely, but it was terrifying.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

A deer attack would be more believable than a dog attack. I am surprised that no one saw a strange dog running loose in the area and no one reported their dog missing. Dogs in that area don't have to be licensed and I don't think there is a leash law either. But I would think that most people would know what dogs run loose in their neighborhood. Houses are kind of far apart and its near a lake. Seems like there would be some dog tracks around and some smashed down grass if a scuffle took place. Also, they said the body was 25 feet from the house. Why didn't someone hear the boy scream and the dog growling. No searchers saw a dog in the area? Not even the helicopter? What reason would the dog have to attack and kill the little boy? It is obvious that the dog didn't try to eat him. So, I don't think it would be from hunger. This is just a strange case.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    they said the body was 25 feet from the house.
    Did they even look for this poor child? How on earth did it take them three hours to find him if he was that close?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepinkdragon For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Authorities are declaring Roland's death as a homicide, and are still investigating who may be the dog's owner.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/19475036/boy-4-found-dead-after-search-in-southwest-ga?clienttype=printable

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Authorities are declaring Roland's death as a homicide, and are still investigating who may be the dog's owner.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/19475036/boy-4-found-dead-after-search-in-southwest-ga?clienttype=printable
    I haven't had my coffee yet, but...say what? Is this a typo on their part?

ETA: Had some coffee now and see this is from yesterday, and it appears they just did a crummy job of updating the article.
    Last edited by CarrieBean; 09-07-2012 at 08:42 AM.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

Details on his injuries might put this all to rest. I wish LE would release a more detailed statement.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

Maybe the dog owners have removed the dog from the area already. Curious if any of neighbors have seen or heard about a vicious dog in neighborhood.

We need a presser.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

The idea of a mystery dog lurking outside a complete strangers house after dark, silently killing a 4 year old the moment the kid happens to wander outside, a few feet from the home, leaving no readily visible bite marks or blood, then disappearing unseen, it is all just too far fetched.

Every non-provoked dog attack on a human that I have ever heard of occurred on or near the dog's territory. Perhaps one of the neighbors has a large dog that no one knows about and has never been seen loose? Is LEO absolutely sure the family didn't either own a dog or have a dog visiting their house?

There have also been rabies cases reported in various counties, rabid coyote or domestic dog might go right up to a strangers house.
    Last edited by Sonya610; 09-07-2012 at 09:22 AM.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:

As posted earlier, the reporter said the killer dog mauled the 4 year old to death.
    http://www.walb.com/story/19470723/u...-in-dog-attack

That sounds more like what would have happened if it was a dog attack.
    Maybe the autopsy report will describe what they mean by BFT.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to watcher9 For This Useful Post:

My thoughts-
    Someone may have dumped an unwanted dog and perhaps Brayton found it. It could be hungry, afraid and possibly sick or injured. Not all dogs attacks are an aggressive act. Some are done out of fear and/or a physical issue- hunger, illness, injury, or to protect pups.

Rest in peace sweet boy~
    Just striving to be average.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to alwaysonmymind For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Good point never thought of that. A deer attack would be brutal....and bruising from the head butts and stomping. Attached video...starts out very cute, but shows how deadly they can be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=ADGn1GABF0Q

I was bit in the face after being penned against the side of the back porch during a dog fight. I was only about 5 so the scar healed nicely, but it was terrifying.
    Well, I wish I hadn't watched that...Why didn't the filmer go help the dog???
    Proud WS N-LIB

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    Well, I wish I hadn't watched that...Why didn't the filmer go help the dog???
    I know I wouldn't have run after that deer. There would have been no getting away from it. The video stops shortly after, so I would guess they did try. The shock of it all not knowing what to do, I suppose.

My aunt use to feed deer out of her hand, in her yard. Not me, thanks.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

This does not make any sense to me whatsoever!!!!!
    The yard is fenced in!!! And now a time frame of 10 minute span of when he was attacked by the aunt?!?! But yet the mother reported him missing?!?!?!

In this video you will see at 00:30 a BLACK DOG in the front yard carrying something off in it's mouth right in front of the house!!!!

Something is definitely not right here!!! I'm just really not sure i'm buying this!!!

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BobbieBu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    I know I wouldn't have run after that deer. There would have been no getting away from it. The video stops shortly after, so I would guess they did try. The shock of it all not knowing what to do, I suppose.

My aunt use to feed deer out of her hand, in her yard. Not me, thanks.
    I was in a parking lot that happened to be in a wooded area and saw a young deer. I was a little distance away and just staring at it and all of a sudden my brain thought OH NO WHERE IS THE MOTHER and I saw her just coming onto the parking lot. I managed to get in the car and get away, but I know if I'd continued standing there the mother would have attacked me.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to michmi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BobbieBu View Post
    This does not make any sense to me whatsoever!!!!!
    The yard is fenced in!!! And now a time frame of 10 minute span of when he was attacked by the aunt?!?! But yet the mother reported him missing?!?!?!

In this video you will see at 00:30 a BLACK DOG in the front yard carrying something off in it's mouth right in front of the house!!!!

Something is definitely not right here!!! I'm just really not sure i'm buying this!!!
    I'm not buying this aunt who sounds like she's crying at times (no tears) and is pretty matter-of-fact at others.

I don't know.....plus, even if that dog we see is the family's dog, nobody knows which dog attacked, wouldn't they have placed the family dog in quarantine as a matter of procedure? It could have been their own dog.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to michmi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonmymind View Post
    My thoughts-
    Someone may have dumped an unwanted dog and perhaps Brayton found it. It could be hungry, afraid and possibly sick or injured.
    Yeah people dump dogs in rural areas all of the time. Most of the time the dogs are afraid and hesitant to approach strangers though sometimes they will be desperate and come close to the house, from my experience they are very cautious until invited.

Not all are cautious though, a few weeks ago a senior Bluetick Coonhound showed up here ready to barge into the house and claim it as his own. Likely too old to get adopted. *Sigh*

DSC_0870.jpg

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post
    I'm not buying this aunt who sounds like she's crying at times (no tears) and is pretty matter-of-fact at others.

I don't know.....plus, even if that dog we see is the family's dog, nobody knows which dog attacked, wouldn't they have placed the family dog in quarantine as a matter of procedure? It could have been their own dog.
    Not if there was a concern over the legal ramifications regarding the attack. The victim was dead, so it isn't like they would need to get rabies shots.

I agree the Aunt's comments were odd. They JUST found out this was supposedly a dog attack and most folks would be angry and in shock saying "HOW DID THIS HAPPEN! WE WANT TO KNOW!!!" but instead she seems to be saying "Well thank you for all of your help, we will never get closure, dog owners keep your dogs locked up safe. Okay then...this has been settled. Thanks again".

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:

this is just strange to me. and deers attack? I never knew that.

I would think it would be obvious to the ME if there was an attack from an animal correct?

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lillygator For This Useful Post:

any word today as what "blunt force trauma" from a dog would be? I am sure the ME knows his job, I am just nosy and want to know wth happened.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to leighmarker For This Useful Post:

If they thought it was a family dog they would quarantine it. The deceased wouldn't need rabies shots, but it could attack someone else.

I had to have my old girl put down in Jan. from old age. She was 15 and pretty sore the last year of her life. She would nudge people for pets, but if they hit a sore spot she got snappy. Last summer the neighbour was petting her and she snapped, and his hand was close to her mouth. He got bit (I felt horrible). It wasn't bad, but she did break his skin. He got it checked out at the hospital and they insisted he tell which dog did it. Anyhow, the Humane Society called and came to make sure she had her shots and told me I had to quarantine her for 30 days. Quarantined only meant that I had to keep her in the yard fenced in or tied up.

I doubt this would be the case for a dog who killed a child though.

42. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

I believe we really need a presser...

there are so many questions to be answered, especially if there are other children/people still in danger.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    this is just strange to me. and deers attack? I never knew that.

I would think it would be obvious to the ME if there was an attack from an animal correct?
    They will attack when their babies are threatened. If you ever see a baby around, just know the mom is nearby and get out of the area.

46. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to michmi For This Useful Post:

New article titled "Questions abound as death of Georgia child is blamed on mystery dog"
    http://www.examiner.com/article/ques...on-mystery-dog

No real new info, just basically asking what we have asked.

48. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:

somewhere between incredulous and disgusted
    Thank you to author, Penny Eims, for asking the questions we all have about this unusual case.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/ques...on-mystery-dog

And thank you for linking it Sonya
    If no link is provided it's a good bet it's simply

Those who try to bring you down are already beneath you.

50. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast