Sex: Female
Race: White/Hisp
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 4'10" (147 cm)
Weight: 85 lbs (39 kg)
Missing From: TEMPLE, TX, United States
Non-Family Abduction

Angelica was last seen walking from her grandmother's house, approximately 2 blocks from home. She has a mole on her nose.

Temple Police Department (Texas) - Missing Persons Unit - 1-254-298-5500

Link
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Just a thought out to another who has been gone too long

Angelica was allegedly last seen in a pickup with a white male and white female. The pickup's hood, front fender and bed were red and white in color; the doors were blue and white; and the top was white. The pickup was dented, dirty and "junky" looking.

Taken from: http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/92dftx.html

that describes EXACTLY how circus/carnival trucks were painted.....couple streets over from me is a mid/late 70s ford pickup.... thats where it came from...this one is in decent shape

mid 80s it could have been a truck that was sold by by business to a carnie or just someone needing a beater

Angelica Gandara
NCMC601422c1.jpg
NCMC601422e1.jpg

Angelica's photo is shown age-progressed to 33 years. She was last seen walking from her grandmother's house, approximately 2 blocks from home. She has a mole on her nose.
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/601422

NCMEC Facebook post today.
https://www.facebook.com/missingkids/posts/10154151688661988
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
8 hrs ·
30 years ‪#‎MISSING‬!
Angelica Gandara was last seen walking from her grandmother's house approximately two blocks from her home in ‪#‎Temple‬, ‪#‎Texas‬. Anyone with information is urged to call 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678). ‪#‎hope‬ ‪#‎missingkids‬

Every news outlet in the Austin TX metro, the Texas Governor & the Texas First Lady's Facebook accounts are tagged in their post. Hopefully, that should get some of their attention to turn to Angelica's case. 30 years ago today.

Finding Angelica 31 years later

http://www.kcentv.com/story/32060604/finding-angelica-31-years-later

Below is a message from Laura Gandara Mendosa, Angelica’s sister to the community of central Texas:

“Only those who have experienced the abduction of a child could ever really understand the heartache and pain of losing someone in such a way than only leads to questions. Not knowing, what happened was really difficult. The sadness doesn’t ever go away and it doesn’t cure in time. This year on July 14th, 2016 it will be 31 years that my sister has been missing. We still don’t know anymore now than the first day Angelica was abducted. Even after all this time, I am thankful that she is not forgotten by the community. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers and comments. We know that the Temple Police Department did all they could at that time. We are very appreciative for the hard work the detectives did. Ruben Rubac, Ron Flippo, Lila Price, just to name a few (may they all rest in peace). I am also thankful for all the agencies, programs, resources that are now available to help find missing children. It is very sad that even with all the education and training, there are still hundreds of children that come up missing every day. It is only through my faith that I have found peace. One of my favorite verses is John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

From charleyproject

Details of Disappearance
The last confirmed sighting of Angelica was in her hometown of Temple, Texas between 5:00 and 5:30 p.m. on July 14, 1985. She was seen inside a 1977 Chevrolet pickup truck, accompanied by an unidentified Caucasian male and female.

The witness told authorities that the truck's hood, front fender and bed were painted red and white. The doors were blue and white and the top of the truck was painted white. According to the witness, the vehicle was dirty, dented and in general disrepair.

Angelica was sighted in the truck approximately two blocks from her grandmother's residence in Temple. She had been walking back to her family's home at the time she disappeared. She has never been seen again.

Angelica lived in the 800 block of north 6th Street in Temple at the time of her disappearance. A neighbor reported having seen her the day before her disappearance, pushing her niece in a stroller up the street between her grandmother's house and her own home.

The neighbor stated someone driving a blue car pulled up alongside Angelica and the driver attempted to get her to accept a ride. Angelica kept walking, and the car circled the block, slowed down alongside the child again, then drove away. She never said anything about the incident to her family. She disappeared the next day.

A clark at a Shamrock convenience store in San Antonio, Texas reported seeing Angelica on several occasions in late July 1985, after her disappearance. San Antonio is about 150 miles south of Temple.

The clerk said the girl who resembled Angelica would always get dropped off at the store by a man in a car and would go inside the store alone while the driver and car waited across the street. The girl was always very quiet and seemed to be tense and in a hurry when she made her purchases.

After learning about Angelica's disappearance, the clerk tried to delay the girl the next time she came into the store by offering her a drink, then going to the phone to call police. But at that point the girl's driver got out of the car, went inside, grabbed the girl and told the clerk not to say anything. The clerk was unable to describe the man and this account has not been confirmed.

In 2007, authorities announced they considered David Elliot Penton a person of interest in Angelica's disappearance and in the disappearances and murders of several other young girls, including Amber Crum and Ara Johnson. A photograph of Penton is posted below this case summary. He is has been incarcerated in an Ohio prison since 1987. He also signed a plea agreement admitting to the murders of three girls in Texas.

The Texas victims disappeared over a period of 18 months in the Dallas area, and ranged in age from 4 to 9 years old. Penton was also convicted of manslaughter in the child abuse death of his own infant son in 1984; he fled while free on bond pending the outcome of his appeal, and remained at large until 1987, when he was charged with the murder of a friend's 9-year-old niece in Ohio. He was later convicted of this crime.

Penton's cellmates went to investigators and claimed he had implicated himself in the disappearances of Ara, Amber and Angelica. He has not been charged in connection with any of these disappearances, however.

Ramiro Rubi Ibarra is another possible suspect in Angelica's case. In 1997, he was convicted of the 1987 rape and murder of a sixteen-year-old girl from Waco, Texas. Ibarra, an acquaintance of the victim's family, broke into her home and killed her. He was sentenced to death and is still awaiting execution. Authorities have been unable to link him to Angelica, however. A photo of Ibarra is posted with this case summary.

Angelica lived in the 800 block of north 6th Street at the time of her disappearance. Her disappearance remains unsolved. Foul play is suspected.

Here is her street, seems like it's in the middle of the city just close to a large road.

Google Maps

Should be easy to check wether Penton is involved or not. I know about him, he's a notorious pedophile feautured on "most evil". According to witnesses she was abducted by a caucasian man and woman. But I think Penton worked alone.

Ibarra is hispanic, not caucasian but who knows. He was a neighbour, and a predator. It's possible he was involved since he knew the girl.

Angelica Maria Gandara – The Charley Project

Angelica Maria Gandara was last seen in her hometown of Temple, TX. on July 14, 1985 around 5-5:30 pm. She was last seen in the company of a caucasian female and caucasian male in a 1977 Chevrolet pick-up truck.
Angelica is a hispanic female, black hair and brown eyes. She has a mole on her nose.

She was last seen wearing a "black and white short-sleeved pullover shirt with the word "SASSOON" printed across the front, black shorts, white bobby socks and white sneakers."

"The witness told authorities that the truck's hood, front fender and bed were painted red and white. The doors were blue and white and the top of the truck was painted white. According to the witness, the vehicle was dirty, dented and in general disrepair."

"Angelica was sighted in the truck approximately two blocks from her grandmother's residence in Temple. She had been walking back to her family's home at the time she disappeared. She has never been seen again."

"Angelica lived in the 800 block of north 6th Street in Temple at the time of her disappearance. A neighbor reported having seen her the day before her disappearance, pushing her niece in a stroller up the street between her grandmother's house and her own home."

"The neighbor stated someone driving a blue car pulled up alongside Angelica and the driver attempted to get her to accept a ride. Angelica kept walking, and the car circled the block, slowed down alongside the child again, then drove away. She never said anything about the incident to her family. She disappeared the next day."

"A clerk at a Shamrock convenience store in San Antonio, Texas reported seeing Angelica on several occasions in late July 1985, after her disappearance. San Antonio is about 150 miles south of Temple."

"The clerk said the girl who resembled Angelica would always get dropped off at the store by a man in a car and would go inside the store alone while the driver and car waited across the street. The girl was always very quiet and seemed to be tense and in a hurry when she made her purchases."

"After learning about Angelica's disappearance, the clerk tried to delay the girl the next time she came into the store by offering her a drink, then going to the phone to call police. But at that point the girl's driver got out of the car, went inside, grabbed the girl and told the clerk not to say anything. The clerk was unable to describe the man and this account has not been confirmed."

"Angelica lived in the 800 block of north 6th Street at the time of her disappearance. Her disappearance remains unsolved. Foul play is suspected."

If you have any information, please contact Temple Police Department 254-770-5506

Angelica Maria Gandara – The Charley Project
"In 2007, authorities announced they considered David Elliot Penton a person of interest in Angelica's disappearance and in the disappearances and murders of several other young girls, including Amber Crum and Ara Johnson. A photograph of Penton is posted below this case summary. He is has been incarcerated in an Ohio prison since 1987. He also signed a plea agreement admitting to the murders of three girls in Texas."

"The Texas victims disappeared over a period of 18 months in the Dallas area, and ranged in age from 4 to 9 years old. Penton was also convicted of manslaughter in the child abuse death of his own infant son in 1984; he fled while free on bond pending the outcome of his appeal, and remained at large until 1987, when he was charged with the murder of a friend's 9-year-old niece in Ohio. He was later convicted of this crime."

"Penton's cellmates went to investigators and claimed he had implicated himself in the disappearances of Ara, Amber and Angelica. He has not been charged in connection with any of these disappearances, however."

"Ramiro Rubi Ibarra is another possible suspect in Angelica's case. In 1997, he was convicted of the 1987 rape and murder of a sixteen-year-old girl from Waco, Texas. Ibarra, an acquaintance of the victim's family, broke into her home and killed her. He was sentenced to death and is still awaiting execution. Authorities have been unable to link him to Angelica, however."

@SAMS

We need a msm or le or Namus/NCMC source next to Charlie Project information to keep a thread open. Please do add an according link to the thread.

I live in Temple and have not heard about this poor girl. I was only 2 when she went missing but there are never any stories about her.

The map you have listed, is not of Temple. I've lived in Temple all my life, and that is not it.

upload_2020-5-12_6-8-35.jpeg
Angelica
upload_2020-5-12_6-9-7.jpeg
Age progression

2 Unidentified Person Exclusions
UP8642 03/30/2011 Fulton GA
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA

Bumping for Angelica. I wonder if they think the store clerk’s sighting was accurate or not. How scary to think she might have been stalked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back