Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

45 years missing...

Elizabeth Franks has been missing for 45 years as of this month.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Elizabeth Franks has been missing for 45 years as of this month.

I didn't even realize that. Her daughter certainly deserves to know what happened after 45 years. The detective in charge infuriated me as he was obviously just putting on a show for the newspapers. When I talked to Elizabeth's daughter last year he had not returned her calls in some time. And I'm not often so sure an old newspaper might provide a match. But I'm sure this time it could be viable. Thanks for letting me know its been 45 years. You know, I might possibly just go ahead this detective's head. They might have to follow a chain of command. But I don't. Dena

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justice for Joanie For This Useful Post:

Dena let us know if you get any response. Thank you.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice for Joanie View Post
    I didn't even realize that. Her daughter certainly deserves to know what happened after 45 years. The detective in charge infuriated me as he was obviously just putting on a show for the newspapers. When I talked to Elizabeth's daughter last year he had not returned her calls in some time. And I'm not often so sure an old newspaper might provide a match. But I'm sure this time it could be viable. Thanks for letting me know its been 45 years. You know, I might possibly just go ahead this detective's head. They might have to follow a chain of command. But I don't. Dena
    Can you contact the person who wrote the article that the detective was quoted in and let him know about the skull information. If he/she cared enough to write the original article maybe he would do a follow up?

Also bolded below is snipped from the bottom of that article. Have you tried calling crimestoppers??

Count on News 11 to follow this story as it develops. If you think you have any information on the 1965 disappearance of Elizabeth Franks, call Crimestopper at 419-255-1111.

Posted 1:10pm, Monday, December 27, 2004 by AEB

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep -Romans 12:15

Posts are my opinion only. Please direct all complaints to the Borg DebraAngel

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovemew For This Useful Post:

Dena, I posted a message for you last month on your user ID page to ask if you called the Crimestopper's number also. I think that's a good idea, like ilovemew suggested.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaryLiz For This Useful Post:

In October 2011, another Toledo cold case involving the abduction and death of 14 year old Eileen Adams, was closed with the conviction of her killer. I wonder if there might be a connection between the two cases.

LINK:

Twice Cold Case Eileen Adams, 14 - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 04:51 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

I never heard back from anyone!! Maddening. I still think the girl whose head was found in the suitcase that had been at the bus station and found when the old luggage was sold at auction was quite possibly Elizabeth's.

Dena

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FindingJoanieHall For This Useful Post:

Wow, I live in a suburb of Toledo and am just learning of this for the first time.

I do know that there have been a lot of budget cuts with the Toledo police department and also an increase in violent crime in certain areas of the city. I'm wondering what (if any) resources they have available to investigate cold cases like this.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sls314 For This Useful Post:

There is an actual photograph of Elizabeth Franks in this Google news archive article from the Toledo Blade.

Unfortunately, the image available on Google is less than ideally clear.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5183,3535927

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sls314 For This Useful Post:

Tot’s case focuses on other lost children

[snip]

Also listed as lost, injured, or missing is Elizabeth Franks.

Mrs. Franks, who lived in South Toledo, was a 17-year-old mother. She was last seen before Easter in April, 1965. Toledo Police detectives have said they believe she was killed.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fi...798#f27abbb818

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Could there be a link between the disappearance of Elizabeth Franks, 17 who went missing from Toledo in 1965 and the abduction/murder of Eileen Adams, 14, Who was abducted in December 1967, also from Toledo?

-----------------------

... 14-year-old Eileen Adams was on her way home from Central Catholic High School in Toledo when she disappeared. Her raped and murdered body was found a month-and-a-half later.

December 18, 1967. Eileen Adams, 14, a freshman at Central Catholic High School in Toledo, Ohio vanishes just one week before Christmas, abducted when she stepped off the school bus and headed towards her sister's home in West Toledo.

Eileen told a friend she was going Christmas shopping, but she was never seen again.

About six weeks later, on January 31, 1968, Eileen's frozen body was found in a field in nearby rural Monroe County, Mich.

The body was clothed, wrapped in a mattress cover with bound hands and feet. She had telephone cord looped around her neck and a forehead wound from where her attacker had hammered a nail into her skull postmortem. ...

LINK:

Robert "Bob, Bo" Brent Bowman - Crimeshotsİ True Crime Forums
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 09:10 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2